Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP] (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP]
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very impressive, Aranel. []

I will also try to get Mandin to update the Welcome thread. I think it is important that the welcome thread be the first one on the top, but WGW had told me that he cannot change the order, it is set by the date the thread was started. We could ask Mandin to repost his thread, which would push it up.

As for the RPs above, you can include this as the description for the Straight Road:

This role-play set in the Second Age is meant to be a philosphical discussion on Life and Death and follows a secret society of intellectuals in Númenor, who upon finding an ancient scroll about an immortal quest, journey to Middle-earth to find the Truth.

Thanks!

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is Aranel likely to be around again soon? []
I'm afraid I haven't helped her much lately - but then she's only posted once this year []

Some updating is needed. If it's difficult for her, perhaps I ought to take over? I can't promise that I'll be here forever, but the Green Dragon is my most active Forum here at MT ... []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Go for it! WGW should be able to give you control of this thread, or at least the ubb of the first post with which you can start another.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll let her know, but she is pretty busy at the moment (teaching in Japan), so I don't think she'd mind if you took over. She took over from Mandin, afterall...
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Japan! Very cool, she should open a blog on MT - Aranel in the Orient.
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sad that this thread is dead. []

Will Aranel be coming back, Lilli?

I would be glad to read the RP's and summarize and take it over if necessary...(although a new thread might be needed to keep all RPs in the first post...) But only if Aranel doesn't want it, of course...or Varna and I could work together on it...

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll ask her. I know she rarely visits MT anymore so I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I'll get back to you on that.
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But only if Aranel doesn't want it, of course...or Varna and I could work together on it...
If she wants somebody to take over, Amarië and I could discuss the best way to handle it, and then come up with a suggestion.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sure. I'm willing to do whatever, I'd just like to see this up and running again, no matter who is in charge of it.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

I e-mailed my sister so I'll let you know when I hear from her (the time difference in Japan plays a factor)
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

[] Just to flag your attention,

Ama - Aranel said she doesn't mind if you take over this thread.

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Ah, thank you! I'll talk to Varna and we'll get something settled. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Amárië, any chance of updating this thread as discussed a year ago?

Also, I noted Bethberry's Resources for RP was going to be renewed by someone else (Lugburz?) but I can't seem to find it. Guess it didn't happen?

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Amarië - are you still interested?

If not, ought I try to do something on my own? I expect the permission extends to any of us ...

Snowdog, do you think this would really help, or is the Green Dragon past saving? I sure hope not ... []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Snowdog, do you think this would really help, or is the Green Dragon past saving? I sure hope not ... []
I think its worth giving it a go. At worst, it all will be updated to now when someone tries it again in 2013... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I have the second post in this thread. I guess that if WGW would move the list from the first post to the second, I would have access to it and could continue editing it. Then we wouldn't need to start yet another thread doing the same thing, and the list would still be close enough to the top to be clearly recognizable at the beginning of the thread.
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

You can go ahead and do it if you want, Varna. I don't have time, with my move and all.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Varnafindë, if you plan on sticking around the city for years to come, then I would suggest starting a new thread once you get everything organized; posting in the old thread the new link, and PM WGW to sticky the new one and unsticky the old one. That way you will have control to edit it, and it will have a freshness to it. Should you not wish to do it, I can. The other thing we could do is register a dedicated user called The Green Dragon Innkeeper and the password can be shared so things can be kept updated. I've seen this done successfully on other boards. Just a thought. Maybe I'll PM the Steward about it.

[ 03-09-2009, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
if you plan on sticking around the city for years to come
I certainly plan on it. It's difficult to promise anything, of course, but that's what I intend to do.
quote:
The other thing we could do is register a dedicated user called The Green Dragon Innkeeper and the password can be shared so things can be kept updated.
I think that's the best way to do it! If we had done that when Aranel started this thread, then I could just have taken over now. If you and I both have the password, we can both work on the list, and it's possible to pass on the password if needed.
quote:
once you get everything organized;
We still need WGW to copy all the code from the first post for us - it would save us a lot of time. That's where it all sits, mostly already organized, once we get access to the code. It's ready to go straight into The GD Innkeeper's first post (the other name is too long for a user name, it's got 26 letters and we're only allowed 25 [] ).

Could you PM him about both those issues - a dedicated user, and the contents of the first post? I could start on working out which RPs have been started since the list was last updated - which is the first thing that should be done when the new list comes up, more important than finishing old descriptions.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

We don't need to put 'The' on the user. Just Green Dragon Innkeeper would work and look better. I did send a PM off to WGW about all this.

Edit: got a reply. I PM'd you about it.

[ 03-10-2009, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Green Dragon Innkeeper would be a great name!
So, writers of Minas Tirith, come to the Green Dragon! It's moving again! (Wagging its tail, perhaps? [] )

Green Dragon Innkeeper
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11220
posted      Profile for Green Dragon Innkeeper   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*A Year Later...*

Will be working on updating and cataloging the RP threads here in the Green Dragon & in the archives over the next few weeks or so. If anybody has any updates to what is posted in this thread opening post and/or the Welcome to the Green Dragon thread post them here and they will be incorporated.

Cheers
Innkeeper,
Green Dragon Inn

From: Bywater | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP] (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help