Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  26  27  28 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 4)
Author Topic: Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
::shrug:: I don't really have any plans for Folcmund, actually. The way I do things is I give my characters a reason to be around, then work with whatever comes along as the story develops. []

He'd probably have a hard time reaching the Hornburg since there are Dunlendings all over the place down there. But if you want me to try...

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If it should work at all, it would be in stages - B.&Co wants to go north, F. persuades them to try to go south, they go south for a while and then realise they can't, but at least they are far enough south to meet the dwarf.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, though.
Why would F. turn back when once he had started trying to get to his King?
We would have to get a good reason first.
What do you think?

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Roccowen Eilonwyiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3727

posted      Profile for Roccowen Eilonwyiel   Author's Homepage   Email Roccowen Eilonwyiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*butts in*

Aran is walking back and is now in view of the campfire, btw.

From: waiting in a hall, watching a silhouetted figure through a doorway | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds fine, Barufiniel.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean it makes sense to you?
Would it make sense that we have to give up?

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

It could. Depends on what would force us to give up. []
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Am is pretty likely to go wherever anyone else is going. After all, her other choice is wandering off on her own, without any direction whatsoever.... []
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

And Folcmund might then decide that since he can't join his King anyway, because of this obstacle which we will work out later, he may as well make sure that this little obstinate group that insists on going through enemy territory in times of war (i.e. through Dunland towards the Shire), gets through safely?
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Yup, sounds about right. []
Rómenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2589

posted      Profile for Rómenya   Author's Homepage   Email Rómenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What about me 'n my doggie? How do you think we should "happen" upon B & Co or F & Co?

I have no ideas, but I want it to be sort of original... []

From: In the shadow of the day | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

B & Co will finish our evening meal, then, and I believe Alcaira will have some comment on the facts I've given her. (It's funny this, I know nearly as much about her history as she does, because we both only know what my parents told us separately.)
We will then discover that the horse is back, and then settle for the night.
The next morning we will decide not to try to go through Fangorn Forest (which frightens us even more than the war), but to try to go through the Gap of Rohan.

I don't know which company Raedyn & doggie should stumble upon. Anyone else got ideas?

Edit:
We've also got Ilandra still stuck in the village. I've encouraged her to make an effort and get out, perhaps finding useful items on the way. She's got a horse, so she can catch up on us, even if we get a bit ahead of her.

[ 04-15-2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Rúnya Núrimehtari
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4053
posted      Profile for Rúnya Núrimehtari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope she will meet up with at least some of the others the next day.
I think thats what should happen also. Though this time I think "tomorrow" should be way shorter than the first day was! B & Co, F & Co and Raedyn & doggie should meet soon, hopefully before B & Co start off on their long journey. What do all of you think?
From: Spruce Grove | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Co half of F & Co thinks that this plan is a good one. If, in fact, these groups were not to meet prior to B & Cos departure on their journey, it could get pretty convoluted trying to bring them together at some point later on.

I would post, but I was waiting for a response. If one does not come soon, I'll probably post anyhow.

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rúnya Núrimehtari
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4053
posted      Profile for Rúnya Núrimehtari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm probably going to be posting soon also, just go ahead and post Andre! I can't wait to read it!

Also, how did we get to being called Co.? Now I have no name? What is this?! [] []

[ 04-16-2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Rúnya Naira ]

From: Spruce Grove | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

quote:
I would post, but I was waiting for a response. If one does not come soon, I'll probably post anyhow.
Sorry. []
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I've been a little busy for awhile.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I sit for a couple of hours with my computer on stand by, with nothing happening TARP-wise. Then I'm invited for coffee and disappear for about an hour - that's the signal for the TARP activity to begin! []

Baru & Co are Baru, Alcaira and Elyaliel - that's why there is a whole Company. Then there are the other companies as well, only none of those have more than two people!

And when we start keyboard saving, it then boils down to B & Co []

Good to see you, Eöl! I'm going to be a bit busy myself over the next day or so, but hopefully we'll pull through. The good bit of being so separate just now, is that one group can be active while another is thinking ...
quote:
If, in fact, these groups were not to meet prior to B & Cos departure on their journey, it could get pretty convoluted trying to bring them together at some point later on.
It really needs to happen before we get to the Gap of Rohan.
Perhaps it's better if Folcmund & Am and Raedyn & doggie meet first (leaves me some time tomorrow when I don't have to answer), and then they come upon Baru, Alcaira & Elyaliel after that.

Ilandra can choose whether she wants to meet the group of four or the group of three.

The group of four may already be on the day that is "tomorrow" to the three, there is no need to put in a night's camp if the story does not naturally lead into it.

Rómenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2589

posted      Profile for Rómenya   Author's Homepage   Email Rómenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perhaps it's better if Folcmund & Am and Raedyn & doggie meet first
That can work...if Folcmund & Am will actually start moving... []

Here's an idea: What if I don't tell you that I'm blind, then you find out some weird way?

Folcmund(angry): Hey! Watch out! You ran right in front of the horse! What are you blind or something?
Raedyn: Yeah, actually, I am...

[] []

Éomer, you and Andreth can decide how you want to do it...I have no ideas right now...

From: In the shadow of the day | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just going to grab supplies, and join a group.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

A pity about your sword, Eöl - but I like the irony in your telling about it!

Who is behind you? Or is that a secret for now?

I should try to post myself soon, and get my little group safely to bed (no, I won't tuck around them, though) []

Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
Its something I tried to do in another RP before it utterly died. I'll PM you when I get the time.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any advice?
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

It depends a bit on what you will do about these caves of yours. You may discover them, only to find that the entrance is blocked by the King being besieged by the enemy. Or you may just reach it before the siege starts - Eomer, would that be feasible?

We will not be able to explore them with you, I'm afraid - by the time we get there, the siege will certainly have started. So maybe you're on your way home, then, proud like anything on earth to prove your doubting comrades wrong.

If Eomer thinks it's reasonable (PM him if necessary), you could find the caves while we are gathering the group.

E.:
You could go into the caves - and then, when you were going to get out, find that a war and a siege had just started, and that you might have some trouble getting out.

[ 04-16-2004, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I kinda need to wait for Rómy to post, before I can, as I want to know how she's reacting to stuff... Rómy, get your butt over here! []
From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I'll get in contact with Éomer, then. I'm so confused due to the parallel storylines. []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  26  27  28 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help