Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 3)
Author Topic: Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Road to Rivendell - the story - is now up! Go post!
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rómenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2589

posted      Profile for Rómenya   Author's Homepage   Email Rómenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool post, Ely! I had no idea my dog thought I was beautiful... [] You play him very well, thanks!
From: In the shadow of the day | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the interaction between you two is going to be a great asset to our Role Play! []

Good posts, all! Isn't it great to be actually on our way?

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful to see this up! I shall be back at university tonight and thus will hopefully be able to join in then. I can't wait!
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Folcmund son of Fasthelm has arrived!
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aduyulda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3262

posted      Profile for Aduyulda   Email Aduyulda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Update: Elyaliel's birthplace and home is now Rohan- after thinking about the geography of Middle-earth a bit, I realized that Gondor did not make one bit of sense. She has been living in the village which was destroyed by the orcs and was just RETURNING from a visit to Minas Tirith.

There.

From: Rivendell | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I've finally posted again - a bit long, perhaps, but there were a few threads to tie up.

We've now got all our present characters nicely gathered in three small groups.

I like it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Double post and bump:

I've just realised that most RPs require their posters not to use signatures in their posts (in the AWA it is OK).

Signatures do break up the flow in the story. So could those of you who have got signatures in, please remove them?
And no more signatures from now on, please.

Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry.
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Nolofinwë, how far from the East gate are those three figures you see? I suppose they are meant to be Barufiniel, Alcaira and Elyaliel, but I didn't mean us to be close enough to the burning village to be able to see it and still ignore it.

Could you change that to seeing us some time after you've left the East gate? []

And Alcaira is on her way to her own village, which is not burning. Her history contains a different kind of drama ... []

Edit:
If those three figures are not Barufiniel, Alcaira and Elyaliel, then no change is needed as far as I'm concerned. Though I think perhaps we should consolidate our positions here in the AWA before we move the chess pieces around much more.

[ 04-01-2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clear up my position (in case it needs clearing), Am is near Folcmund somewhat.
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it's such a good idea to be standing near a heavily-armed man caught up in the lust for battle... []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

She was sewing at the beginning of the orc raid. Nobody ever said she had good ideas. []
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here's my character pending your approval.

Name: Grîm
Race: Dwarf (Durin's Folk)
Physical Description: Grîm stands at an average height for dwarven males, about 4'. He is stout and sturdy with rough brown eyes and an olive complexion which is typical, but what makes him stand out a bit is his fiery red hair.
History: Grîm is currently leading an expedition to find a certain haven of metallic resources and jewel deposits that is rumored to exist somewhere on the edge of the White Mountains in the human nation of Rohan. He figured that Man has no real appreciation for such things so he felt obligated to relieve them of its burden. He just needs to figure out where they are... his companions have since left him due to their lack of faith and overwhelming assumptions that Grîm had in fact gone mad with lust for this alleged cavern, as he does have a rather unhealthy obsession with presious stones.. even for a dwarf.
Skills: He's miner and jewel expert but is also quite adept at close-quarters combat. Has medium skill with throwing axes.
Belongings: A general-purpose backpack with ordinary supplies (rope, food, etc.) in it as well as mining tools. For weaponly he carries one battle axe strapped behind his backpack and carries five throwing axes just in case.

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I edited. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

After Nolofinwë's edit, no characters have now been seen near to or far from the East gate, as she is still inside the village and not that close to the East gate.

So Am is near Folcmund, while Barufiniel and company (minus Alcaira who left for her own village further off) are out in the plains, out of sight from any village.

We're heading basically north, but either by reaching Fangorn Forest or by knowing or seeing on a map that we would reach it, we turn west to go through the Gap of Rohan to go north on the West side of the Misty Mountains.
That's right through enemy territory (Dunlendings), and Folcmund knows all about them ...

Then there is a dwarf wandering about the White Mountains ...
Welcome, Mahanaxar! []
quote:
He figured that Man has no real appreciation for such things so he felt obligated to relieve them of its burden.
[]
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Barufiniel,
Please send me a description of this RP similar to the ones found here: http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000555
Include at the end a) a list of the MTers participating and b) whether or not you could use more characters and c) whether it's a smash 'em up fighting sort of RP or a more literary sort of RP.

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'll do that! (Edit: PM sent!)

I mean it to be fairly literary. We will need some smashing'em ups in self-defense (and have had some good ones already), but I don't want that to be our main focus.

A question concerning First Post:
It is getting loooong! []
Should I leave out the history bits and just link to the individual posts for the full version?
Should I shorten any other parts?

I'll wait for some comments before I do any editing work of this kind.

Edit:
And just to emphasize: Yes, this is the year 2758.

[ 04-04-2004, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And now it's time for good ol' Grîm to enter the fray... or something. WHOOP WHOOP!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Good to se you, Grîm! I don't know how far we all are from each other, but I'm sure it will work out.

And now my little threesome are about to settle for the night.
For those of you with more "war experience" than myself - is it safest for us to light a fire or not to light a fire? I would think it might attract unwelcome notice, just for a guess.

There will probably be some more exchange between Barufiniel and Alcaira before we settle for the night as well ...

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Just lemme know when a good time and place would be to meet up with y'all.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Barufiniel and her companions are now having their evening meal, and it's getting dark.

I hope she will meet up with at least some of the others the next day.

I don't think anything has been said about the time issue that ties this day up to any of the others' timelines, though, so if they are already into the next day, it should be no problem.

This has to be fairly late in the autumn, otherwise we would already have reached Rivendell before there is need of any help in the Shire. There should be snow soon, and we will be travelling most of our journey in the snow. Is there a village along the way where our weaver can weave us some blankets?

(Even in an RP game I don't like the thought of all that snow [] )

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

I'm still waiting for an opportune time to jump in. I'm gallavanting about the White Mountains at the moment and see no real need to develop my story further until I meet y'all.
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

The only problem I see with your storyline so far, Maha, is the White Mountains are south of us all and we want to go north... []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

And where he really wants to go, is to the Glittering Caves, right where King Helm Hammerhand is being besieged ...

He doesn't know that that is where he will find them, though ...

Edit:
Maybe we should go south first?
If Folcmund wants to go to Helm, we could try, and then find out it was too late, and then turn north?
Does this fit with your ideas, Eomer, or should we just forget it?

[ 04-15-2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  26  27  28 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help