Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 28)
Author Topic: Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose technically Yule is before New Year anyway, if they follow a similar calendar to ours.

I second the idea of a common event in Tharbad. I think of start/end-of-year celebrations as being over just a couple of days at most, and if everyone were inviting everyone else round for little parties it could take much longer. But that's just me looking at it from RL-perspective.

Anyway, my piece of Lembas, or whatever elves might have instead of small change. []

Edit: By the way, I am now up to date with the RP. I just need to find an appropriate way and moment for Iaura to (re)appear. []

[ 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hrmm. I guess we should discuss New Year before we actually get there []
(Sorry about the looong delay! [] )

There are two events that I want as part of the story-line.

I want a big party for the whole town, where people can celebrate the New Year and get to know each other. Baru's companions who have settled in the town will be there, the healer with her new colleague will be there, Baru and her closest friends will be there, and the Mayor will be in charge of it all (I think his wife is organizing the food, checking in advance what each one is planning to bring, and making sure there is a variety of food).

I think this should be on New Year's Eve, with midnight as the peak of the celebrations (but I doubt that most people go straight home after midnight ...).

I also want a party where Tom and Heather and Baru and Alcaira have a chance to talk. I see that I've already written that Tom and Heather have invited Baru and Alcaira, and Cirsolmë and Elyaliel will of course be there as well, since that's where they live - and if your healer wants an invitation, DQ, there can surely be one for her colleague and herself, as said colleague was one of Baru's companions.

This could then be on New Year's Day, keeping the celebrations down to two days, and having the great festivities to meet up in, before going to the more intimate event.

If more discussion is needed, do it here - but perhaps it's possible just for anyone to start writing about their preparations for the NYE Party, or simply start telling about it?

Hamfast, feel free to make up your own characters of people who live in Tharbad, and have them turn up at the NYE Party!

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrackinAndProudOfIt
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11375

posted      Profile for CrackinAndProudOfIt   Author's Homepage   Email CrackinAndProudOfIt   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a plan!

Out of curiosity, how many days are there until all of the festivities? Will we have several posts of planning and arranging up until the big days?

I'm excited to get the story moving again! []

From: Formenos, later Himring | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good to have you back!

The story where we're at, is in early to mid December.

So if you want to post about preparations, there's certainly room for it during the two weeks in between. (If anyone wants to play the mayor's wife, who hasn't been mentioned - I think - before my previous post, feel free!)

Or if you want to skip the preparations and go straight to the NYE party, I'm happy with that, too - and that might move the story forward the fastest, perhaps?

It might be best to decide here what we do, so that we're consistent, and get things in relatively right order.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for my slow response to the call to arms. I've got my usual Christmas bug and have been mostly sneezing and hibernating.

quote:
I see that I've already written that Tom and Heather have invited Baru and Alcaira, and Cirsolmë and Elyaliel will of course be there as well, since that's where they live - and if your healer wants an invitation, DQ, there can surely be one for her colleague and herself, as said colleague was one of Baru's companions.
That would be good. Give a good excuse for writing her in at any rate.

I will post as soon as my brain is once again connected. Coherent sentences are a bit of a problem ATM. []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrackinAndProudOfIt
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11375

posted      Profile for CrackinAndProudOfIt   Author's Homepage   Email CrackinAndProudOfIt   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So if you want to post about preparations, there's certainly room for it during the two weeks in between. (If anyone wants to play the mayor's wife, who hasn't been mentioned - I think - before my previous post, feel free!)

Or if you want to skip the preparations and go straight to the NYE party, I'm happy with that, too - and that might move the story forward the fastest, perhaps?

I'm good to go either way! A little bit of preparations might work, but you're right, we could move along the story much more quickly is we elapsed a bit of time.

(Sorry it's taken me so long to turn up!)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Crackers

From: Formenos, later Himring | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I think that settles it, then - next post is about the New Year's Eve Party. If you want to say something about the preparations as part of your post, that's fine, but the post should take us to the party.

Hamfast, that means you can write something soon, too!

*goes away to think about what to write ...*

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

*thinks for a year and a half* []

*prints out the latest writings to see what she can do about them*

I had a word with Crackers the other day, and she seems willing to come back if things start working again.

If so, are you still interested in playing your elven healer, DQ? Sorry I held you both up so badly ... []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I am indeed, I have a little less time than I did but I should still be able to post. []

That must have been some excellent thinking you were doing! []

[ 08-26-2014, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I expect that Ferdy and the boys are still out having fun.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

*thinks for another year*
*not very excellently*

Should we try to get this going again? DQ, you never got the chance even to start ...

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 28)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help