Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 2)
Author Topic: Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
She has been blind for, say, around four or five *long* months. (...) She's adapted to the point of being able to get by day to day, (...) She's very stubborn in her own right, so she doesn't like pity. I'm not sure how the other players would work around her, but you can just *go with the flow*.
Companion: A grey wolf/wild dog (...) He provides protection and companionship.

I assume the dog could then function a bit as a guide dog as well.

And I get the feeling that she will want to be treated as "normally" as possible. So if we happen to forget about her blindness for a moment and say or do something unreasonable, perhaps she will only be pleased.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The profile list is updated.

I have seen from what people are bringing that Companions (i.e. animal companions) will need a separate entry.
So I've added that and edited the profile list accordingly.

Second post, about Barufiniel's parents, is also updated, and now contains most of the important facts about them.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
::rereads his profile::

::wonders if he went into too much detail [] ::

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

If it is too much detail to fit handy into First Post, maybe I should remove some of it from there and just link to your post?

There was a lot of historical background there that I quite enjoyed reading, all in one place, not just here and there in various appendices and footnotes of the books.

Experienced RPers - where is the best place to put such stuff?
Same goes for Second Post about Barufiniel's parents as well, to some extent.

Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Amananna ('blessed gift')
Race: Human (will elaborate)
Physical description: She resembles her mother (from Rohan) in sharing her height and wheat blonde hair, yet she is a touch more slender and has grey eyes of a particular shade not seen among her people. These traits, everyone assumes, are from her father.
History: Her mother, while she lived, was a clothier. She died while giving birth to her only daughter. Her father was a man who passed through their land, and his stay there was very brief. He has no idea that he has a daughter. His name has been forgotten. Amananna was raised by friends of her mother (and named by them as well, though why they chose Quenya is a mystery even to them, it just seemed right).
Special skills: She is an incredibly skilled clothier, something she was taught by her mother's friends, but a skill that she perfected on her own in a desire to learn something of her mother's life. She is also a skilled rider, though her work doesn't leave her as much time as she would prefer for that pursuit.
Companions: A white filly, Ëarsúl
Belongings: She wears on a silver chain, nearly always hidden under her clothes, a teardrop-shaped diamond pendant that was supposedly a gift from her father to her mother.

[ 03-25-2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Andreth ]

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rúnya Núrimehtari
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4053
posted      Profile for Rúnya Núrimehtari   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Player: Rúnya Naira
Character name: Alcaira(red ray of light)
Race: Elven(and a quarter Rohirric)
Physical description: Waist long wavy golden red hair, light brown eyes(a bit of green), very tall and slender(as all elves are).

History: Since her father, Callaráto,(who had mortal blood in him) was killed in a great battle a few months before she was born and her mother, Airamaurëa, died in childbirth. Alcaira was taken from her birth home, Rivendell, so she could be brought to her mortal relatives. When none could be located Rangers left her on the doorstep of a small Rohirric home hoping that the Valar guided them to a good family. The family that she was left to accepted and loved her as their own, and even though she was happy and content Alcaira always felt that she must someday go to her immortal birth home, Rivendell.

Growing up Alcaira wasn't very often noticed as elven even though she had the flawless skin of elves and her ears were somewhat pointy, everyone she knew assumed she was of human blood, of Rohirric blood.

Now is the start of her journey to Rivendell, her journey to find who she truly is....

Skills: She taught herself archery, and is very skilled with a bow. Also her mortal father and brother(adoptive father and brother) taught her how to use the sword, and she is known as being very skilled with a blade.

Belongings: A beautiful turquoise(more blue then green) gem that hangs from a golden chain on her neck, which was given to her by her birth mother Airamaurëa(red dawn). And a wondrous intricately made sword, which was handed down to her mortal brother, Rion, who gave it to her to take on her long journey.

Companion: Her faithful horse Hrívë.

[ 03-29-2004, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Rúnya Naira ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vandanye a varya Quenya ve i orohalla lambë mennai inye ná tarasselyallo lehta, var qualmë mapanye i quáresse Sindarinwa

A Proud Member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

From: Spruce Grove | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Andreth and Rúnya, very good! []

We're certainly collecting a whole pack of horses! But I shouldn't have expected any less in Rohan. And who am I to say neigh (to quote Eomer in the Opelë) ...
Good job there is one waiting for me, too!

I won't have much time online during this week-end. So we'll just collect characters for a few more days, and you'll have to wait a bit longer for an answer.

We're still waiting for a certain dwarf to turn up again.
And I still would like someone to promise us to play Gandalf! []

Is there anyone you could suggest it to? Preferably an experienced player.

[ 03-25-2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I would be a dreaful Gandalf, however this sounds like a spectacular idea and I would like to join!

At this point, would you prefer me to be Elven or Human (female)?

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I believe that in Rohan there would be mostly humans and not many elves. At the moment we've got
one elf
one 3/4 elf
one 1/2 elf
three humans (1 male, 2 females)
one dog
five horses
(one dwarf has been announced)
(one wizard is eagerly sought after)

I think that in order to give a realistic outnumbering of the elves, another human might be best (if you're happy with either).

Robin Baggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3263

posted      Profile for Robin Baggins   Email Robin Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
May I join? [] [] Here's my character profile:

Name: Robin Baggins
Race: Hobbit
Appearance: Long black hair and brown eyes.
Belongings: A green elvish cloak, throwing knives, and bow and arrow.
Companion: Horse named Shadowmane, who lived with her eversince she found her and tamed her in the Old Forest. Her horse is almost as fast as Shadowfax, being related to him.
History: Used to live in the Shire, but moved to Rivendell to learn from the elves.
Skills: Shooting arrows, throwing knives, sneaking, and climbing

Does that qualify?

--------------
I edited this so that i'll be right. If there's a mistake in this, please tell me!

[ 03-27-2004, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Robin Baggins ]

From: BagEnd Hobbiton, Shire | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

We certainly need a hobbit!

You have to rethink your profile, though.
This is nearly 300 years before the time of Frodo. It is the year 2758, while the events of Frodo's quest occur in 3018 and 3019. No Baggins family is recorded as early as 2758, but I suppose there could be some who just hadn't distinguished themselves much. (Tooks and Brandybucks were around, though.)

2758 is the beginning of the Long Winter. There is "great suffering and loss of life in Eriador and Rohan. Gandalf comes to the aid of the Shire-folk." I want our company eventually to meet Gandalf and to join him on his mission, helping with the skills and resources she and her companions have got.

I'm afraid you couldn't have the phial of Earendil, so you have to think of some other treasure. Also you need some other reason for being in Gondor/Rohan - unless you decide to meet us a bit closer to the Shire?

We won't be helping with the fighting in Rohan, we're getting away from it. Also Gondor wasn't able to help Rohan anyway, as it was getting attacked itself at the same time.

Read about it in the Appendices of RotK, both in the timeline and in the stories of the House of Eorl.

I don't know how early Gandalf would go to the Shire. This is still autumn, so he wouldn't know that it would be a long winter. Maybe you need his help for something else, and someone has sent you to look for him, and you are coming from the north looking for him?

Then we need a Gandalf more than ever!!

Robin Baggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3263

posted      Profile for Robin Baggins   Email Robin Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about the mistake. I'll be a Took then. Robin Took. []
From: BagEnd Hobbiton, Shire | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aduyulda
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3262

posted      Profile for Aduyulda   Email Aduyulda   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Player: Nameless_Teleri
Character name: Elyaliel
Race: Human (Gondorian)
Physical description: Long black hair which she usually keeps tied back. She has deep blue eyes.
History: Elyaliel was born in Gondor and was taught to fight, her father being a stout warrior. He died in a war, however, and passed his bow and arrow onto her. Her mother works at the Houses of Healing. Elyaliel's friend lived in Rohan, and Elyaliel went there during the war to help her escape. The attempt failed, and her friend was killed. Elyaliel survived, however, and fled.
Skills: Skilled with the bow and arrow, has basic skills with the dagger/sword.
Belongings: The bow and arrow she inherited from her father, a brown cloak from her mother that she treasures, a dagger
Companion: A horse she has named Éoli, in memory of her friend

[ 03-30-2004, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Aduyulda ]

From: Rivendell | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Baggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3263

Thanks for the corrections, I'll try to fix them. I wasn't reading carefully. []
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good Barufiniel,

The streets of Minas Tirith are busy indeed, so busy in fact, I've not had the pleasure of meeting you personally. I am Orofacion of the Vanyar, you may call me Oro as most do. Your journey sounds intruiging, the fact that you are maintaining accuracy to Tolkien's works is even more encouraging. If you wish, I am more than willing to portray the Grey Pilgrim once the opportunity presents itself. I have had some experience with Role Playing as I am also in a little RP here at Minas Tirith penned "The Theft of Umbar," perhaps you have seen it. Should you wish I will post a profile, though I'm sure most here know of Gandalf's origins, either immediate or otherwise.

At Your Service,
Oro

[ 03-27-2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Robin:
Not such a fool of a Took, this one!
I'll await your new profile, then.

Aduyulda / Nameless_Teleri, welcome to our company! []
It was about time for some more humans now.

I've added a bow and arrow to my character's belongings too. It was her father's, and is possibly a bit big for her. But when he went to Valinor, he didn't expect to need it, so he gave it to her.

Orofacion of the Vanyar, I'm most honoured to have you as our Grey Pilgrim! []
I started reading The Theft of Umbar a little while ago, and haven't finished it yet (apart from reading the newest posts, of course!). No, we have indeed not met, apart from seeing each other across the crowd of the Hall of Merethrond. Mostly I've been frequenting the Opelë of the Floating Log recently, though. Encouraging place for RP'ers.

Gandalf's bio should be well enough known. I'll put up the basic facts in First Post just for completeness.
You decide whether you would want to put in something about why he is wherever he meets our company when he meets it.

[ 03-27-2004, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Robin Baggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3263

I edited my profile. Just look at the previous profile I made, I corrected it. []
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder... Is there room is the RP for another animal? I'd love to be something.
From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Robin - have you decided finally on Took or Baggins?

I suppose "Shadowmane being related to Shadowfax" means that they are distant relatives. They would have common ancestors way back when the Rohirrim lived further north, ancestors also to the horses of the Old Forest.

You're now living in Rivendell. Are you out travelling when you meet us? And perhaps you don't meet us until we're out of Rohan?

Elyrka - another animal without an owner might make the group too crowded, but maybe you could cooperate with the owner to play one of the existing ones? Check your PM for details.

[ 03-28-2004, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you want, you could be Ídáe...it dosen't really matter.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Personally, I'd recommend the dog, as I think that is the remaining animal that could benefit most by being actually played by someone.

But it's of course up to the owner as well.

Robin Baggins
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 3263

I'm a Took. Thanks for the help. And I'll be traveling when I meet up with you.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Robin Baggins, you're enlisted in the company as Robin Took, then! []

I corrected the name in the Players' list, you may want to edit it in your own profile as well.

Just one more day, and we should be ready to be off!

Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, people. Me and Rómy decided to work together,so I'll play her dog, if all parties agree. []

I'll post up a spec now, to be approved by Varna.

Player - Elyrka Redsmith
Character name - Rabô
Race - Dog/wolf
Gender - Male
Age - Unknown.
Physical description - Grey fur, with darker paws. Scarred and injured, many times, so have ugly wounds all over, the most noticable being one on the belly, where the fur is lighter, but streaked by dirt and mud.
History - Rabô knows nothing of the ways of Men, of Elves, Rabô knows very little, he knows nothing of how Raedyn and himself can to be together, for he lives only in the present, but, somewhere, deep inside his memories, lies the dusy images of finding the blinded girl, knowing, somehow, her scent, finding her starving, week, finding her, and helping her. Before that, his life was simply a struggle to find his next meal, to survive.

Sound okay, Varnafindë?

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Romenya said in her profile that this was a dog that she healed many years ago. Now you say that he has memories "of finding the blinded girl, knowing, somehow, her scent". I assume that means that he has not been with her in between, but that they have found each other again after she became blind.

Yes, then you're with us, Elyrka! []
I'll add your profile right after Romenya's.

And in case non-Opelë people wonder why I'm suddenly called Varnafindë, just read Barufiniel's profile. Please feel free to address me with whatever language version of my name you feel appropriate.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help