Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 15)
Author Topic: Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aermîr (or would that be Goldie?), is there any way our characters could meet up ... while we're waiting for the others?

Any suggestions?

[ 07-18-2006, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalena
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5475
posted      Profile for Lalena   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, can I be a hobit? I'd prefer to be Marigold Chubb or Lilly Burrows but whoever you want me to play is fine.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
All you need to do is fill in a full profile for Lily Burrows, and post it here. I hate to speak for Varna, but I don't doubt she'd accept another hobbit player.
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalena
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5475
Player: Lalena
Character name: Lilly Burrows
Literary origin: implied by Tolkien (Bandobras Took's wife), named by us
Race: Hobbit
Appearence: Slightly plump and short, about 48". Long but curly reddish hair streaked with the beginings of gray. Small black eyes that twinkle happily when she smiles.
History: Married Bandobras Took - S.R. 1132. Has four childeren, 2 girls and two boys. The oldest Martigan is 25. Other three children are not yet in their 20's.
Skills: Cooking and cleaning as well as taking care of young children.
Hobbies: Cleaning, cooking and testing her new meals. Or using her younger children as testers.
Temperment: Calm and easy going, hates fighting and trys to make peace. Though at first she was really upset that her husband kept horses, she has gotten used to them by now.

And I have no idea what else I should put...

[ 07-20-2006, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Lalena ]

Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Aermîr (or would that be Goldie?), is there any way our characters could meet up ... while we're waiting for the others?
Either name is fine, depends on whichever you prefer. [] As for meeting up, the only thing I can come up with now is maybe my character on her way home and she passes by yours... I'll put on my thinking-cap to see what else I can come up with.
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, a new citizen who goes straight to the Green Dragon! []

Lyra is right, the way to do it is to post a profile here and to wait for my approval - and I like your profile, so you're in, Lalena! []
quote:
testing her new meals. Or using her younger children as testers.
[]
quote:
And I have no idea what else I should put...
What you've got is fine. If you find later that you want to add something, just post it then, and I'll add it to the first post.

Although Lily's sister-in-law is Primula's main employer, Primula will do jobs for the other ladies in Great Smials as well - including Lily. She needs the money ...

Goldie (good, no awkward accents [] ), does Dwala live in Hobbiton? Perhaps she has wandered all the way down through Tookland and is now just outside Tuckborough (some fifteen miles away), where Primula could notice the pebbles flying? She's not at work today, she's taking a walk with her children. I could post next, and I assume they haven't met before.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I like your idea. Let's go with that.
From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalena
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5475
Varnafidë yes, newbie coming to RP imideatly. RPing is my life... er, not really. I'll try to post later today, but unfortinutly from tomorrow until August 7/8 I have to go on vacation without net access. *shudders* and Goldie told me about 4 RP's here to try and join.
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

All right, and it's revived!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Goldie, Primula may have a visitor for tea before she goes for that walk. I'll wait to see whether Lalena answers before she goes on holiday, otherwise I'll just serve the tea without many details and send her back, taking the walk afterwards.
Lalena
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5475
Answering in a moment. Try not to get too far without me 'kay?
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Of course, Varna , I might do another quick post then, but it will be short and Dwala will stay right where she is.

[ 07-23-2006, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Lalena,
quote:
until August 7/8 I have to go on vacation without net access
As you seem to have some net access (occasionally?) after all, should I post something about them drinking tea together?
I'll only do it if you're likely to answer.

[ 07-27-2006, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Goldie, we've sure had some fun now - I need to go to bed, though. I think that in the next post I should let the children talk to you, and invite you home for some blackcurrant tea. Or would you rather have them take their leave where they are?

If there are other things you think Primula should say or do, just tell me in here, and I'll work it in somehow.

*yawns*

Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Indeed, we have had quite a bit of fun. And your idea sounds fine, I was actually thinking of that happening too!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

If you want Dwala to talk more to Marigold on their way home, feel free. And Dwala still hasn't confirmed whether she lives in Hobbiton or not.
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Good point, I'll get to doing that.....

.....I just need to figure out how to work it in......

[ 07-30-2006, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Aermîr Goldenflower ]

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*pokes 3ARP*
*pokes Varna*
I started to get an idea for how to introduce my character, but I didn't want to jump into the middle of this convo between yours and Goldie's.
So, when are you going to get on with it, love?

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Good point.
I'll finish that part of the conversation, and take them inside to drink tea, which will be a more natural pause for the story to jump to somewhere else.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

[]
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

What about the others who have posted profiles? I haven't seen Hoom around much since she did - I hope she'll be back soon ...

I'm hoping for more posts - do I need to play even more characters myself?

Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

Sorry, as stated in another AWA, I'm currently having some writer's block. I'm working on trying to get over it.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Hope the block goes away soon []

Is anyone else up for posting?

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

quote:
There are no citizens in this forum.
[]
Looks like everybody has writer's block.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Road to Rivendell - A Word Aside (Page 15)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help