Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infinite Horizon - A Word Aside (first post updated regularly) !CHARACTERS WANTED! (Page 3)
Author Topic: Infinite Horizon - A Word Aside (first post updated regularly) !CHARACTERS WANTED!
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is more me being in the middle of a desert so i know absolutley nothing on ships, and a bit of the lingo. i know starboard and port, what a bulkhead is, things like tha because of ROTC, marine and navy, but the slang is a little hard.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Cheer up everyone. Things are looking up. We have pie!!!
Marines don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.
*goes to email warnings to all the female Brit teenagers on the board*-SSA
"You get that right tickin’ rhythm, man, and it's on!"-Fats Waller
"Are you motivated?" "Of course not corporal"-Me

Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I only know limited amount of it myself, but I'll share a little for now and tell you some more later. ok

Bulwarks are basicly the railings along the sides of the ship

the are three masts: Fore mast, Main mast and Mizzen Mast in order from front to back.

There are also three decks: the quarter deck, main deck and poop deck.

the Bowsprit is that long cylindrical wood piece on the front.

fore is forward, aft is to the rear and the stern is the back of the ship.

don't worry too much about the slang, just add apostrophes at random parts in words and end anything in 'ing' just drop the g and make 'ending' into 'endin'. End of lesson one. I'll add more later.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Sonofabitch I'm sick of these dolphins." ~Steve Zissou

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Alright. From now on everyone that shoots a letter or message should post in here or in the RP what it says. I think that would save space and lag times associated with asking "what is in the message?" and answering. *ends minor rant*

SO, Jango, what did the message sent to the Covetous say, and to save on further such posts, what did the letter the Flesh Rotter sent say?

From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
great idea Sepi!
To the Covetous, the letter says to hold position while the other three ships catch up. When that is complete, all four ships should try to hold formation until they can breach the fog. Saftey in numbers.

To the Gothmog and Angst is practicly the same, only telling them to catch up as soon as possible. and the rest that was in the letter to the Covetous.

And can we please refrain from shooting eachother so much!? I mean almost every arrow shot from ship to ship has hit another crewmate, I only started it for setting up a possible mutiny later in the RP. And also Aylah, I'll let it slip this once but Grond is several hundreds of yards ahead of your ship, not to mention the Gothmog is between them.

[ 02-03-2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Jango Fett ]

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
err. right. I knew that.

*is clueless right now*

*sorta*

From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Sorry I didn't clarify that last sentence, I had meant that the Grond was well far out of bowshot. But like I said, I'll let it slip, so don't worry about it too much.
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

posted      Profile for Jóhnny, the Jester   Email Jóhnny, the Jester   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
if jurd is need anyhting i wont be able to get to a computer for the next few days (till monday) so if need be some one can play him...sorry for the rush post as well.
From: Q-Tip | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

quote:
The helmsman onboard the flagship gracefully pulled up next to Covetous , anchor was dropped and planks streched out between them.
Tell me if I wasn't clear enough please, but what I had meant is that Grond had pulled up right next to the Covetous, close enough to run a plank between them and simply walk from one to another. And Johnny, there is no more need for you to be wounded, Alyah had deleted her post so no arrow was shot and you were never hit. The boat was sent behind Grond to the Gothmog and Angst, not to the Covetous. If I am not being clear enough in my posts please tell me, I won't be offended, if I know its something I need to work on then so be it.
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ok, guys i just read that Jurd 'never left the gothmog' so was it to me he gave the message too just before my last post in the thread?
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Umm. Did the Grond really just drop anchor in enemy waters? I could understand moving together allowing passage between...but stopping...
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Viscount: No, Jurd never was supposed to be on your ship at all, he needs to clear things up.
Sepiroth: Keep in mind that one: these are not enemy waters; two: we are completely surrounded by thick fog; three: Nazgrath had already noted that Gondorian will not attack (as is their way) while only firing random shots blindly; four: in order to move in formation they must wait for the last of the vessels to catch up. They're not holding postition for long.

Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

posted      Profile for Jóhnny, the Jester   Email Jóhnny, the Jester   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ok what i ment by "never left the gothmog..." was that he had never been on anyother ship. sorry for that...and by your orders sir jango, i am to be there
quote:
"Jurd, go aboard Covetous and tell Captain Lesturg I require his presence for a meeting in my cabin."
or am i just mistaken?
From: Q-Tip | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jango, I'll post as soon as you explain what message the longboat's sending for me, preferably in the RP itself []

[ 02-09-2004, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Aylah The Wishlahaylagon ]

From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

I hate it when there are misunderstandings in RPs.
Johnny: No you are not mistaken, but if you noticed above on the page I quoted myself saying that Grond pulled up next to the Covetous, close enough to throw a plank between them. Henceforth, Jurd would not need to hop in a boat and row to the ship that is right next to them, he'd only need to walk along the plank to get to his destination.
Alyah: All the message needs to say is that your ship needs to catch up to the rest and hold formation until they break free of the fog.

Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

You may notice that I started another RP, it does not mean Infinite Horizon is cancelled or anything of the sort. The Green Dragon economy is a little lacking as of late with only a few functioning RPs, so I am hoping to boost some activity by introducing another action/drama RP.
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

Right-o Jango.

how many active RPs are there? 4? not a good number.

E: Jango, would a flaming mast be visible to anyone on my ship, even though it's a good deal away through heavy fog? Fire is pretty easy to see through fog... if I remember correctly. []

[ 02-19-2004, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Aylah The Wishlahaylagon ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
A - Y - L - A - H. A-la. as in hay-lah, without the h.
"I'd better get my "Ride for ruin and the world's ending!" and "Death! Death! Death! DEATH!" the way it's supposed to be or heads will roll."~ Eomer
"Ah, what shall we play now? How about Chutes and Latter Day Saints? Or maybe Cardinal Land? Maybe Eternal Life? Pin the tail on the doctrine? Hungry Hungry Heretics?" ~ Talan
"What language is this again? Dumb ass?" ~ Imrahil

Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Sorry I hadn't seen this before Alyah, um ya I'm sure you'd be able to see the glow of the flame.
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

and I posted my signature in the prvious post too... []

I'll go see what I can do in the RP. I'm feeling a little creativity-impared right now though []

Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Johnny, I have only one problem with your post, you called that Gondorian ship the Crow Beam. I had already stated the ships name on the first post of the page; Morning Sun . I thought the name fitting for a Gondorian ship since men always look to sun's rising as a sign of hope and victory.
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

i was assuming that there were multiple ships attacking us, therefor i am on a diffrent ship. or am i on a diffrent ocean?
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

I think it was only one ship attacking us, and I think we had better keep it that way seeing as how Grond is suffering from major damage.
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

all right illg et rid of my post, and replace it once I un confuse my self....

E: all fixed i think....and hope!

[ 03-14-2004, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Jóhnny, the Jester ]

Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Are Viscount and Elessar still in this RP? Neither of them have posted in a while.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Sonofabitch I'm sick of these dolphins." ~Steve Zissou

Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
they are, at least i am, could i have an update please?
i haven't the time to read everything

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ëarlin Solmehína
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3289

posted      Profile for Ëarlin Solmehína   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You say you want characters; could I be a stowaway?
From: The northern shores | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infinite Horizon - A Word Aside (first post updated regularly) !CHARACTERS WANTED! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help