Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infinite Horizon - A Word Aside (first post updated regularly) !CHARACTERS WANTED! (Page 1)
Author Topic: Infinite Horizon - A Word Aside (first post updated regularly) !CHARACTERS WANTED!
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Prologue
Two Orcs strolled into a pub at the port of Umbar, sat down and ordered a few drinks. The first orc saw a slip of paper nailed to one of the pillars, he got up to read it aloud, "It's been nigh on fifty years since our lord Sauron has fallen to the men of Gondor. For fifty years we orcs have been pushed farther and farther back into Harad, our only and last safe haven. All the Gondorian's need to do now is launch one final attack on the port and we will fall to our doom." the orc sighed at this and continued, "Haradrim and Uruk sailors have brought word of another land acrosss the horizon. A new land without men, elves or dwarves. A land for us! All able-bodied sailors wanting a future and life beyond Middle-earth contact the Captain at the port for inspection.

Signed,
Captain Nazgrath "

The orc stepped back to the table and sat down in wonder. "You think its true? That there is another land out there?"
The second orc's hand was wavering, "Do you know who Captain Nazgrath is? He's a veteran and survivor of the War of the Ring, he fought at the final battle. Don't ask me how he survived, its a complete mystery. He lived on with the resistance and sailed under the infamous Captain Pirath on the Covet during the remnant war. First mate was he, and ever since the ship was lost, the surviving crew call themselves Pirates... in honour of the late Captain. This Nazgrath is the most skilled Uruk sailor on the sea, all sorts of legends surround him. If there is one orc to trust it is him. He's no lying." Just as he finished, someone -a man- in a black coat slipped out of his chair and hastily made his way out the pub.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok after reading the prologue you should get the basic idea on what this RP is about. If you have any questions post them here and you can post your character bios.

This section of the post will be updated regularly, it is here for a short sum up of what has happened so far.

Synopsis: In the fifty-years following the destruction of Sauron, the remnant of Orcs fought for their survival and were ultimately pushed back to their last haven in Umbar. The Gondorian military has only but one last siege to conduct before the resistance is brought to its knees. An old Uruk sea captain- to proud to let his people die like pigs -now plans to mobilize the remaining popultion of Orcs on an exodus and set sail for a rumoured/mythical new land beyond the horizon. Onboard the fleet of five ships the enemy comes in all shapes and sizes, from the pursuing Gondorians to nature to the racist views amongst the Orcs and Haradrim.

Where we are now: The Gondorians are conducting the siege on the port of Umbar and the Fleet of Corsairs are forced to set sail early. A heavy fog is on the harbor making communication, vision and navigation heavily impaired. The Conquest is lost, Grond is severely damaged and no one can tell what of the other three in the fleet. The mouth of the harbor was guarded by two battleships and only God knows how many are beyond that. The orcs escaped the harbor by making a run for it past the attacking Gondorians. All four ships have succesfully made it through the harbor exit and are now attempting to make the pasage through the fog. In the process Covetous and Grond were attacked by Gondorian vessels. Both Orc vessels conquered. Captain Lesturg now brings the captured Gondorian ship, rechristened Blood Legacy to Captain Ufnak.

Character ideas for newcomers (these are guidlines, not exactly what we need)
Officers of all sorts for any of the remaining ships (First mates, luetenants, master-at-arms, master's mate so on and so forth)
Midshipmen, able-seamen... expendable crew members of all sorts. There are hundreds of ideas so you can come up with something of your own also.
There will be five ships (counting the one that is lost already)sailing on the voyage and I plan on heavy casualties, some crews can be transferred from ship to ship if there is time while one is sinking but don't always count on it. When you join, be sure to request a post on one the ships below, choose wisely. Here is the list of the fleet and the statistics:

Grond
Flagship
5 sails, 15 catapults [(not cannons) 7 on each side and 1 on a pivot in the front)
crew of 116(including Jurd, Kuthreg, Captain Ufnak and the survivors of the Conquest ) and Captained by Nazgrath
summary: most powerful ship on the sea

Gothmog
Battleship
3 sails, 11 catapults
crew of 81 and Captained by Vahkso the Vein
summary: veteran ship of the resistance war, considered lucky

Conquest (sunk in the port of Umbar)
Battleship
3 sails, 12 catapults (11 in use and one backup)
crew of 76 (50 deceased or MIA) and was Captained by Ufnak
summary: newest ship of the fleet and testing latest technology in keel design

Angst
Battleship
3 sails, 11 catapults
crew of 83 and Captained by Serenity
summary: legendary for its brutality in battle

Covetous
Cruiser
6 sails, 3 catapults
crew of 51 and Captained by Lesturg
summary: fastest ship in the fleet

[ 03-13-2004, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Jango Fett ]

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harlow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4068
posted      Profile for Harlow   Email Harlow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I might be interested... my vote would go towards the gondorians (i just like being the good guy lol)
From: Everywhere you want to be | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
An orc? Vahkso the Vein does sound nice, i'll mull over it for a while.
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Orcs.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, the more I think about it the more I want to play as orcs.

Name: Nazgrath
Race: Mordor Uruk
Bio: Fought and survived (miraculously) in the deciding battle of the War of the Ring. After living in refuge in Harad for some years he joined the Navy of Corsairs where he served under Captain Pirath (a haradrim) for 20 years. Slowly making his way up the ranks he made it to first mate on the Covet until she sank with her captain in a battle with the newly formed Gondorian fleet. He survived with 15 other sailors and went on to have a command of his own. Since then he has been terrorising the Gondorian coast and raiding the seaside villages while he wages his war.
Appearance: Black skin, six feet tall and strong build. His left hand is missing and replaced with a hook while the rest of his body is in one piece but covered in scars. His hair is long and interwoven with the scalps of the Gondorian ship captains he's defeated. he typically wears a black trench-coat with dirt in its pockets(reminds him of home), tall boots, a cutlass and miniature crossbow at his side and tri-pointed hat. His name is feared upon the sea.

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Ufnak
Race: Uruk-Hai
Weapons: Bow and arrows and a cutlass.
Appearance: Typical Uruk Hai looks, tall (6 foot seven), dark and gruesom (scars all over his body, 13 in gash stretching from one cheek to his upper chest). Has long blond hair tied in a pony tail that reaches to his belly button when hanging in front.
Bio: Truly a freak of nature. Bred to fight, born to philosophise (is that even a word?) Although he is known to do a great deal of fighting and is very skilled at it. He was the only commander of a boat in the Uruk-Hai army. His ship sailed up and down the Anduin preying on hapless human villages. Although none knew his name his banner (no, not the White Hand, a red ship on a black field) was feared for as long as Sauraman was in Isengard. Now he plans bigger things, namely traveling with the famous Captain Nazgrath to this "new world."

From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Sounds great!
One thing I forgot to mention is the crew of the ship can be Orcs, Uruks and men. Unless of course someone wants to play as an evil dwarf or something like that.

Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Vahkso the Vein
a deserter
that's how he survived the wars of the rings

bow-legged
filed teeth (well if you can call them teeth)
has cataracts in his left eye, from when he had to swim a dirty river to escape from his own people.
big, black mountain orc, who's ancestry dates back to the orcs of Moria who fought Durin the deathless.
will stab anyone in the back, if a threat is posed to his existance.

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Name: Lesturg
Race: Uruk-hai
Weapon: The geniune pirate weapon, a cutlass
Appearance: 7 feet of muscle and bone. His jet black skin is carved with white scars. His left arm has a red stained scar that looks suprisingly like a tower of fire. No hair.
Bio: He had been one of the orcs surrounding Aragorn and he ran to the sea when the ring was destroyed. Then, by the grace of sauron, he came to the pirates and became one of them.

From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

you're both in. But Sepi one thing about your character needs adressing. You said by the grace of sauron he was sent...blah blah blah. Don't forget this after the WotR and Sauron is dead.
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

posted      Profile for Sepiroth Strife   Email Sepiroth Strife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know, but Sauron was a godlike figure and my character does not believe Sauron is dead. Merely withdrawn, readying another fight.
From: Temple, Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Ok cool, I'll get the RP up and running here real soon.
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

ok []
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

quote:
I know, but Sauron was a godlike figure and my character does not believe Sauron is dead. Merely withdrawn, readying another fight.
Technically, Sepiroth, Sauron is a god... depending on your views of the Maia []

I was going to suggest that people could RP both sides... but what fun would that be?

Formal name: Serenity
Nickname: Scourge
description: Blue eyes, blonde hair, 5'8''
Weapons: several daggers, assorted stolen items
Bio: Despite her name, this woman is nothing near Serene. Originally from Rohan, she was kidnapped at a very young age by dunlanders, and was sold as a slave to men of Harad when she was 14. after being bought and sold several times, her last master was killed in a 'dissagreement' and she escaped. She was picked up by a pirate ship, and was taught the ways of a harad pirate. however, when she wanted to leave the ship, the Captain, being greedy and lustful for the 19 year old, refused. so Serenity killed him, and his first mate for good measure. The remaining men dubbed her Scourge, and she became captain of the ship. Her ship, The Flesh Rotter is currently docked in the port of Umbar.

What say you, Jango?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
A - Y - L - A - H. A-la. as in hay-lah, without the h.
"I'd better get my "Ride for ruin and the world's ending!" and "Death! Death! Death! DEATH!" the way it's supposed to be or heads will roll."~ Eomer
"Ah, what shall we play now? How about Chutes and Latter Day Saints? Or maybe Cardinal Land? Maybe Eternal Life? Pin the tail on the doctrine? Hungry Hungry Heretics?" ~ Talan
"What language is this again? Dumb ass?" ~ Imrahil

From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Cool, I like it. Just one problem though, could you cahnge the name of your ship to something a little more daunting? flesh rotter just doesn't make a good ship name. I'll keep it as flesh rotter for now until you can think of somethign better. I also like your idea of people being able to RP either side... I'm just not sure whether toi start a seperate thread or just divide the posts in one thread. Oh sorry about the delay people (very buisy week for me) but I'm starting the RP now.

[ 12-21-2003, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Jango Fett ]

Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll do something with the name, however I cannot think right now... Thanks Jango.

*thinks* daunting, eh? hmm...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I'd better get my "Ride for ruin and the world's ending!" and "Death! Death! Death! DEATH!" the way it's supposed to be or heads will roll."~ Eomer
"Ah, what shall we play now? How about Chutes and Latter Day Saints? Or maybe Cardinal Land? Maybe Eternal Life? Pin the tail on the doctrine? Hungry Hungry Heretics?" ~ Talan

From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Are Viscount and Sephiroth still in this?
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

no idea...

angst it is then []

[ 12-27-2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Astarael the Sorrowful ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

I like it! it works great.
Sepiroth Strife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2646

Sepiroth is here, and can Lesturg captain the Covetous ?
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Good, I was afraid you jumped ship (pun intended). Ya, you can be captain of the Covetous.
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

somebody post please
EDIT: thanks for posting, but note that Nazgrath was taken below deck to see the surgeon because he lost his hand. You might need to edit the post to make someone else throwing you the rope.

[ 12-31-2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Jango Fett ]

Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

yes sorry i am [] , reading through now...
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

Which ship are you on?
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

Covet
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Infinite Horizon - A Word Aside (first post updated regularly) !CHARACTERS WANTED! (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help