Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Lost Inn: A Word Aside (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Lost Inn: A Word Aside
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will have Whitesnake coming back in a moment, though I have to think a little about what he can say. Couple of points about Whitesnake. He can actually speak perfect Quenya and in fact every language spoken in the west in Middle-earth, he just preferred not to say that to a stranger. But he's not very good at all that emotionally, feeling, wishy-washy type of thing. Not having ever had any real feelings for anyone himself. So I hope Amarie's not expecting any sympathy from him, because she isn't going to get it!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this.

Amárië expects no sympathy from anyone. She doesn't see herself as deserving of sympathy, but rather of envy. Yes, it is painful for her to hear that Finrod has died, but if you read Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, Amárië has much the same ideas on faith - estel - as her husband. She believes in the wisdom of Eru, even in times of her greatest despair, and when all hope and faith seems lost.

Amárië is not a creature to be pitied. She knows that she has known greater happiness than most, and her faith keeps her from depair.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure that sympathy and pity are quite the same thing. It's actually a little hard to put in words the difference, but I think that one can sympathize with a character without feeling sorry for her, can one? Not that Whitesnake will do either! I'm not sure he will feel envy either. He is, at present, reasonably satisfied with his lot, the odd irritating Hobbit nothwistanding but strongly believes his life is about to take an upswing.
I should also point out that this is Whitesnake, in this thread, not me and that the views represented are his, not necessarily my own! But I think that I will let Whitesnake pause for a while and think and let Amarie and Barufiniel chat for a bit. Whitesnake certainly has a lot to think about at the moment.
He's about to launch an invasion of the Vale of Anduin on behalf of his master the Necromancer!

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I should also point out that this is Whitesnake, in this thread, not me and that the views represented are his, not necessarily my own!
Of course; that's a given. [] I'm not Amárië either. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Enter...someone. []

Looking forward to this!

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Baru explains about the Inn quite briefly. He can ask more questions about it if he likes ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I'm afraid that you might have to have Whitesnake in the background for a while as I still have fairly limited internet access for a while. Plus, I haven't thought about that particular Whitesnake for a some time! Maybe in around a week's time he can say something sarcastic and witty to Feanor. Hmmmm, the first and probably only mortal that Feanor meets is Whitesnake! Quite a responsable role for him! Not that Whitesnake would give much of a stuff. He is quite good at various craftsmanship, however!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Meet Varna the linguist! []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

You know, if Whitesnake was feeling bitchy, he just might mention to Feanor that Barufiniel was trying to travel to Rivendell, the house of Elrond, the descendent of Fingolfin []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Of course, in order for that to be effective, someone would have to explain the entire course of the Silmarillion to him, which might not be the best idea. []

And plus, making Fëanor mad is probably not the wisest course of action.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
if Whitesnake was feeling bitchy
You mean feeling bitchy towards Baru? [] She would be the one getting into trouble, which Whitesnake should very well know, if he knows this much.

Baru has been avoiding that topic, in order not to mess with time-causality, and in order not to make Fëanor angry []

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been pondering - occasionally, over the past 12 hours - whether I should bring my Nando elf into the inn now. [] I'd write a little post in "Road to Rivendell" to introduce that new element. I think it would be quite cool for her to experience this strange thing - 'twould get her prepared for other strange things she'll experience in the future. []

I'm not sure how she'd cope with Fëanor, but she's very fluent in Quenya (unlike me)... And her late beau was a Noldo craftsman. []

*ponders over it some more* []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

quote:
And her late beau was a Noldo craftsman.
Pfft.

Not as good as me.

[ooc] [] The more the merrier! It would be fun to have more people involved in this.

And Hamfast, feel free to bring Whitesnake in whenever you feel like it.

EDIT: And Brae - your character and my mysterious original character are third cousins once removed... []

[ 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! I'm finding relations for her all over the place. []

Okay, Lóridrê is about to enter... []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Yay! It lives!

Now should I have my mysterious original character or Fëanor notice her first...?

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

And I have to figure out who this "ghost" is. [] (it's one of two males who only Lóridrê would recognise)

Yay, I've RP'd for MT again... []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Is the 'ghost' someone of those who have been playing recently, or someone who has been just quietly sitting there until Loridre spots him?
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

I've brought in my original character, as I think Whitesnake wants to talk to Fëanor.

Glad to have you back, Brae!

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

*likes being back* []
quote:
Is the 'ghost' someone of those who have been playing recently, or someone who has been just quietly sitting there until Loridre spots him?
Quietly sitting there... He'll probably still be in the background and not be part of any conversation (with her), because he won't know who she is. []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

We could use you in UitR, if you feel like coming back there as well. [] It just hasn't been the same without you!

Well, Loidre's third-cousin once removed has just introduced himself to the ladies. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Well, my character for UitR is Lóridrê... and she's not supposed to appear until Barufiniel has. [] (hang on... [] ) So, unless I can come up with another character, that may have to wait. [] *should try out some human-skin again* []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

We could always use more Rohirrim...
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I suppose you could play both in Unrest, Brae? Some human right away, and then Lori as well later on.

And Baru is in a bit of a dilemma - or even tri-lemma?
She wanted to explain some more to Feanor, but then a good friend turned up, needing attention, and also this other visitor whom she is curious about. If only he doesn't walk away before she has a chance to talk to him ...

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Well, Golden-Haired Elf doesn't want to be in the way...he didn't realize he was interrupting something. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Lori's just too bewildered to talk right now. []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Lost Inn: A Word Aside (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help