Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP] (Page 5)
Author Topic: The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP]
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's interesting to see how this forum is shaping itself. You people are like busy bees.

I stickied this, although I could un-stick it if that is deemed best. If it's going to stay this way, I suggest a better subject title and I also suggest removing it from Role Players' Resource for redundancy reasons.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, many thanks for your support of our efforts here. [] Now that this is a sticky thread, I will change the title and take the link out of the resource thread.
Thanks again.

Barufiniel, go ahead and do what you suggested.

Aranel, I'll get to the other two descriptions you sent me as soon as possible. I already put two into the original post.

Edit: Does the title work? Check the first post. Any suggestions? Corrections? Etc.

Edit again: New idea: After the Word Aside link, what do you say we include the following information: a) When the description was updated b) Whether, at the time the description was updated, the RP was 1) active 2) slow 3) lethargic 4) dead 5) archaic and 6) finished We could have more or less categories, and even call them something different. I think the categorization would go something like this.
Active if posted to within the last week.
Slow if posted to more than a week ago within the last month.
Lethargic if posted to more than a month ago within the last four months.
Dead if posted to more than four months ago within the last year.
Archaic if most recently posted to over a year ago.
Finished if closure has been brought to the RP.

edit again: Not sure if this would be useful or not [] Maybe just more work for nothing [] tell me what you think []

[ 04-19-2004, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I edited in the RPs I'll be working on. Since this is now on a previous page, I repeat a question:
quote:
I have also found the following Inns, should they follow the same format, or do I just adjust it to their particular character?
The Hall Of Merethrond
The Last Homely House
The Pen and Parchment Inn

Apart from that, thank you for stickying it, WGW! []
I think the new title is good for new people who come and want to find their way around the forum. They might not understand the "RFP", though - it even took me a little while to get it, I was going to ask, and I was going to ask about asking everybody to read it - and there it was! So it may have to be stated explicitly, even though it clutters the title.

You seem not to be making it mandatory for threadmasters to send you a description, and that's probably just as well? But there could perhaps be an even stronger recommendation that they do. The invitation for anyone to do so, is good, though.

"Last updated" date seems a very good idea. It will explain any differences between this thread's description and the actual status of the RP.

Some indication of the RP's activity level might be useful as well, but even more dependent on a "last updated" date, and would be outdated very soon.
Comments on the categories:
I don't see the point of an "archaic" category being more dead than dead - I would skip that, and rather have longer spans for the other categories. And what about an otherwise dead thread where the threadmaster is making a last effort to resurrect it?

Whether we introduce the other categories or not, I would have a separate list for the finished ones, right at the end of the first post (second post would have been even better, but it's a bit late for that [] )
These RPs are not for joining at all, they are just for your reading pleasure, so they shouldn't be mixed with the others.
How many would there be? Only a few, I guess?
(And should all of Arra's RP threads come in this category?)

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Would it be beneficial for me to send descriptions of all the RPs I've started (or had part in starting), or should I instead wait until they come up as people work through the Dragon? I'm going to work on those (A Daughter of Kings, Healing Bond, A Memory Fair but Unfinished, Troubles Yet to Come, and an update of Wonders of Youth) just to get them out of the way as it likely won't take me too long to sort them through. After that, and once Barufiniel has posted a list of which she intends to start, I'll get to work from the top of the Dragon.
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I knew that my edit would disappear when I put it on the previous page! []
I'll move it here instead: []
My harvested list consists of

The Guardians of the Empire - Mandin, the Threadmaster, will describe this himself
Seven Saviours - Finished
A Tale of Two Cities - Finished
Zâira Nênud - Finished

I have also found the following Inns, should they follow the same format, or do I just adjust it to their particular character?

The Hall Of Merethrond
The Last Homely House - Deleted
The Pen and Parchment Inn

So I'll work on these.

And Andreth, I think it would be really good if you are describing your own RPs - we might ask you for it otherwise when that thread turns up!

E. missing word

[ 04-21-2004, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Eep! I should have known you had already posted it. Last post of the page always mixes me up. Right then, once I've finished my own, I'll set a list here of the ones I'll begin work on.
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
Last post of the page always mixes me up.
Me too - I took a long time over that edit, and I was checking the page from time to time, nothing happened - and later I realised that everything was happening on the next page, complete with WGW's approval!
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead and do the inns in as appropriate a fashion as you can think up. All the initial link stuff and formatting will be the same. Obviously, there'll be no Word Aside. In Merethrond, we'll need something explaining Adanedhel's purpose for having the place, and maybe a few brief comments about what has been done so far.

Andreth, go ahead and do the ones you mention.

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

The Last Homely House has been deleted by the threadmaster because of lack of interest, after several attempts over several months to revive it. Noone else posted.
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was the first role-play inn on MT, designed by me with help from WGW. And nobody would play....

I so wanted to revive it, as well, but not a soul posted.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jango
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 891

posted      Profile for Jango   Email Jango   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just post this here, make whatever edits need to be made, I am no writer.

Seven Saviours
Description by Jango Fett from the AWA thread
A small secluded village of Stoors has been pillaged and preyed upon by bandits for several years right after harvest season. In despair the townsfolk consulted their elders on the subject and were directed to seek out as many warriors for hire as possible. The townsfolk were wary at first from knowledge of neighboring villages that were robbed by such warriors and they fear that no warrior would fight for what little they have to offer. They must travel to the city Osgiliath to hire their Saviours to defend the hopeless village.
Participants: Jango Fett, Elessar, Roccowen Eilonwyiel, Sepiroth Strife, Jóhnny the Jester and Harlow MORE CHARACTERS ARE WELCOME
This is sort of a hybrid RP, part literary and part action (there will be some battles)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Sonofabitch I'm sick of these dolphins." ~Steve Zissou

From: US Virgin Islands | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

C'est la vie, malheuresment. [] Shouldn't have deleted it though...that implies that nothing useful was ever said there, and if that's the case, then it doesn't deserve resurrection....I don't want to be too critical, but - for all threadmasters - please don't delete your RPs...unless they're trash. Opinions - political or religious - can be regurgitated any day. RP posts, if they're quality, are not very reproduceable. Curufin, I think, lost a very good RP because she deleted it...she saved it on her comp, but then the machine died, or something like that....cause I think Andreth also tried to save it, but also lost it. If it had stayed at MT, it would have lived on.
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

General notes:
[bold] does not work if you want something bold. End with [/b] and start it off with [b], do not start with [bold]
Also, for some reason, a few of the url addresses were surrounded by ( ) which doesn't work at all. Those need to be taken out.

Ok, I've added A Tale of Two Cities, Seven Saviours, and Zaira Nenud.

edit: Note: I've done Nothing Gold Can Stay By Justin Warrick/Curu/Finrod/et al/etc.

[ 04-22-2004, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We've added Elrond to the list of players in A Tale of Two Cities, edit as you see fit old friend.
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Got it in there, Elessar. Thanks for the heads up.

[ 04-22-2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mandin, did you put all of my descriptions in yet? I've lost track...Are they not postable? Do I need to edit them? just wondering []
From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

I've lost track too.... If I haven't put them in, they're on my home computer, which means I can't get to them until this evening at the earliest. I'll see what I can do.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

Starting this Sunday, I can take some more to work on, if that's all right. I'll post the ones I decide to do, and this time do the format correctly. []
From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Sounds great, Aranel, thanks.
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

Here's what I'll be doing this week:

A quest for a cure
Legend of the blade phoenix (still in progress from last time)
Walking Through Fire Revisited (" " [] )
Remnants of Darkness

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I still have one inn left, and I won't be able to do any more than that this week. I'll be back later, though. []

And do we now just choose from the list in your first post, since most of the currently active ones have been covered?

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Do them according to their last posts, just make sure they're not already on the list. And Baru and Aranel, I think you're doing all the work. Hmmm. Is anybody else still out there who is going to help? I need to finalize the ones that have already been sent to me.
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

Sorry, I've been procrastinating again. I'm working on those which I started, but I have a question. Where we would list current RP members, if the RP in question is dead should we rather list those who had joined the RP when it died?

e: I've sent descriptions for Not for Arda, A Daughter of Kings, Healing Bond, A Memory Fair but Unfinished, and Troubles yet to Come. Hope they came out okay.

[ 05-03-2004, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Andreth ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

quote:
And Baru and Aranel, I think you're doing all the work.
erm, is there a problem with this being the case?
I can try to coerce (ie: politely ask) some more people if you want, but I thought you didn't want too many working on this in the first place.

Which reminds me, tell us all if you ever need help with the editing/proofreading of the descriptions.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP] (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help