Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP] (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP]
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As I've stated before, I would be more than willing to help. I especially like the idea of reworking some of these into fanfics. And I think your plan for this thread is excellent, Mandin. Just let me know what I can do.
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your continuing offer of help, Andreth. I really appreciate it! I just haven't been able to set you to a task because I hadn't yet thought of a plan that would work. This looks like it might, so I may very soon be putting you to work.
As for the fanfic idea, that's up to Lugúrz's initiative at the moment, and I'll fall in with whatever plan he comes up with. I think he's trying to get some WGW support with his grand plans. I'm sure if anything comes of it, Lug'll get out a an update to everyone, and then he'll probably start putting together his group. Ah, though, I need to quit talking for Lug.
I'll put you to work on this thread soon []
edit: Andreth, Maha, yes or no about the sticky thread issue I brought up in page 3.

[ 04-07-2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to both endeavors.

As for the sticky issue, I would say definitely. It's an excellent resource.

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I'll iron out the plan mentioned in page 3, add some pertinent information, repost it and then we'll get to work.
Let's see.

Andreth, Barufiniel, Mahanaxar the Spoony Bard, and Mandin. Unless any of you say something within the next two days disagreeing with me, we'll start as the initial four opperating under the plan. If a fifth person joins us, we'll just hold them off until we're done with adding threads so that they can keep an eye out for any newly created threads.
edit: When you create our description complete with formatting, before e-mailing it to me, be sure to also make up the little bit that goes in the initial list. It's just the name of the thread in link form followed by: by [Insert threadmaster here]
No bold, nothing.

[ 04-07-2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds good to me, but there may be a way of allowing all four of us (or however many) to edit the first post so as to maintain an alphebetical order (which would be nice). I'm not sure how the UltimateBB forum software works, but I'm sure the administrator (WGW) could make it so certain people are moderators of a specific forum on the board index and not any others. I don't know if he'd go for this, but it's an idea. That way we could also help out on deleting conflicting posts when it is requested and the like.

[ 04-07-2004, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Mahanaxar the Spoony Bard ]

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*puts hand up* Where’s my name in that paragraph? []
quote:
I am thinking that all descriptions should be typed up in full UBB code, pasted directly to an e-mail, and then e-mailed to Mandin at Aradruin@yahoo.com with a subject including the words MT RP Descriptions.
Heh, that’s exactly what I had thought of doing a week ago (for the whole of your first post)… with the possible exception of the subject heading. []

I’ll be making my description of Zâira Nênud in code, anyway. []

[ 04-07-2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Making a person a moderator of a single forum I'm fairly sure is possible. Of a single thread, probably not. Since WGW has always been extremely reluctant -- and thus he never has -- to give people moderator rights, I doubt he would do so here. He may consent here in the GD, since the chances of power abuse is much less here than in a place like the PP. However, the only way it would do any good for this thread is if all four of us got Moderator rights. Can you really see WGW giving FOUR people moderator rights when he has never given anybody moderator rights in the past? Hey! Maybe it will work. I'll let you, Maha, or Andreth make the request. I would be all for it, but I don't want to make the request.

edit: Grumph and Crumpets! How did I forget Braeden!!!! Blah. Ok, so I've told this to several friends individually, now I'll tell it to you all. My brain this semester is in complete overload, so I'm making lots of stupid mistakes. We've got five people working now! That's great.
edit again: Barufiniel is the only person who has not yet specifically offered to help with the task according to my plan on page 3, so I can't say concretely that we have five, but I think it will turn out that way.
edit yet again: Braeden, if you want a copy of the first post in full code, don't waste time doing it. All I need to do is go to edit post and I can copy it all complete with code. So if you want me to e-mail it to you, I can.

[ 04-07-2004, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don’t need a copy of the first post. I was just going to put all the links in and such as a gift for you. []

Which I have plenty of time for right now... []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Brae, I can't tell whether that last was sarcastic or not, but if it wasn't, you could go ahead and be the first person to work. We don't have a full week left, but if you want to, name the number that you're willing to do by Sunday MT time midnight, and then post the names of that many of the most recently posted to RPs that are not already included in this thread. Then, do the descriptions. Then, by the time you're finished with those, I'll have established the list of the rest of the people. If I"m starting off too fast, we'll just halt things. No problem, I'm just making a suggestion.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

If any sarcasm is there, it’s due to me having more time than I should [haven’t worked all week [] ].

I’ll check out the first lot of RPs, and then say how many I can do. []

Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I also have much time to procrastinate with, so I would be willing to help out...though after reading the last few pages you might want to keep me in reserve if you think you have too many people.

yes to the sticky topic btw []

edit-I've counted around 67 RP threads (just counting ones with more than 1 page) in the first 5 pages of the Green Dragon. Is this totally off? If there are going to be descriptions for all of them, it's going to be an extremely long thread...how will this practicaly work out?

[ 04-10-2004, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Aranel Charis ]

From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I'm very impressed with the amount of work and effort Mandin has put into making this "a better place", and others for wanting to do the same.

I mentioned earlier I will be gone for two months this summer. However I can help around that time, I would also be willing and eager to!

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Mandin, I think I might have jumped into this with my heart, and not my head [didn't consider things properly].

I still want to help, but more behind the scenes. Creating a description of my own RP-pursuits is hard enough without trying to come up with a description for something I'm not a part of. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

If Brae doesn't object, I can take this week (until 18 April) and get some done.
(also if Mandin has no objections to this)

ed-I recounted, it's about 50 in the first 5 pages.

ed-recounted again, 54.

[ 04-11-2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Aranel Charis ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I do believe in faëries. I do. I do." -Bungo.

From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been offline since Thursday, and I won't be much online until Wednesday. After that I could try to be one of the five, and see how it works out.

It's such a good idea ... []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Braeden, I'm glad you just said something. It reminded me that some threads are kind of lengthy, and it takes reading (or at least skimming) a good deal of it to make a satisfactory description.
Also, the simple fact that sometimes people will get behind whether they're dealing with long threads or not should make us deal with a less specific number than 7. We'll merely go by weeks. As of now, Aranel Chris will begin. She'll work until Sunday 18 April at 3:00 P.M. MT time. During that time, I will be at work, and at work I have plenty of time on a university computer to update everything, so that'll be really nice this particular Sunday. Most Sunday's, I'll not have that luxury.

Aranel, the first RP you do will be the one that has been most recently posted to as of the moment that you decide to commece work. Obviously, if it's already got a description, don't do it.
The second RP you work on will also be the one that has been most recently to, and it too cannot be one already with a description. etc. etc. etc. until the end of the week. By Sunday at 3:00 you don't need to have all the formatted RP's sent to me, but you will at least need to have in this thread the list of the RPs you have done/are doing.

Now, there are basically two ways to get a description.
You can read the RP and WA and make your own from what you read, or you can paste to the WA, or PM the threadmaster, and request that the threadmaster or someone else sends you the description. Chances are, they'll not get it formatted, so you'll have to do so after they send it to you. The information I like to see in it besides the overall description and summary is: who are the players (MT name, not who they play in the RP). Any cameo players scheduled specifically (Is Gandalf the White going to join in a few months to play somebody). Do they need new players now? Will they need them later? Is it a mindless smash 'em up RP, or not? Also, the link to the Word Aside is nice. I think as of now, I'm just sticking it at the very end.

We can discuss here whether or not other information should be included, and even if some of what I just mentioned is worthless.

Aranel, instead of starting one RP, finishing it and then starting the next, you might want to pick a manageable number right off the bat and immediately get to work trying to get a description out of the threadmaster.

Breakfast time,

Mandin

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Here are the RPs for which we already have descriptions:
The 13th Beast by Gollum the Great
Days of Venery by Dianthelle Queen of Spies
Death: The Grand Adventure by Braeden Fireheart.
Differences by Ith the Saucy Brunette, Killerkassandra, and Lestat's Only Vamp (eod)
Elessar's Christmas Party by Elessar
The End by Anoren the Elf
The Fate of the World
Foreigner by Mahanaxar the Spoony Bard
The Green Dragon by Mandin
Hiding from the Light by The Swordmaster
Infinite Horizon by Jango Fett
A Journey to Shion by Estella Brandybuck
LOTR an Alternate Universe: Fellowship of the Ring by Elessar
Outcast: A Soldier's Journey
Pilgrimage to Zanarkand by Dianthelle Queen of Spies
Return from Dol Guldur by Aduyulda
Rising Shadow by Ardil the Traveller
Road to Rivendell by Barufiniel
The Roots of Greenwood by Arianna and Finrod Felagund
The Royal Quest by Sir Thomas
The Search for the Light of Mordor
The Search for the Stone by The Swordmaster
Seeds of Evil by Jango Fett
Spirit of Fire by Finrod Felagund
The Stage Coach by Lugbúrz
The Sword and the Scimitar by *Tintalle ThÚle
The Theft of Umbar by Orofacion of the Vanyar
The Towers of Nim by Mandin
The Trail of the Adamant Adamant by Lugbúrz
Unrest in the Riddermark by Finrod Felagund
The Way We Were by Turambar
The Wonders of Youth by Arianna

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would call attention, Mandin, to the fact that activity in "Foreigner" will be suspended until after August when Anoren returns from her music camp. If you could append that to the info it would be ga-roovy.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

Current ETW for 1 description: 45 minutes-1hr.

I have Pmed the threadmaster of Quest into the Shadow Mountains, and am also going to be working on the following for this week:
Legend of the blade phoenix-in progress
OOSQ-done
The Battle-done
Sanctuary-done
A Short Tale-done
Walking Through Fire Revisited-in progress

If any of these pose problems, say so.

[ 04-16-2004, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: Aranel Charis ]

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Aranel, good work! By the way, I see no definite need to postpone other work until the end of this week. (Thanks, Aranel, for the sugestion). Basically, I wanted only one person working a week so that others would not get burnt out. However, so many people have volunteered, that having two people working at once will not be a problem. If anybody is adventurous, you could go ahead and pick a few RPs to do this week and post them here so we know what's up.

Oh, and Maha, the ga-roovyness is accomplished.

[ 04-11-2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Excellent!
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Here is a template for filling in the RP descriptions.

[Bold][URL=(enter URL here)]Enter name of RP here exactly as it is found in the GD forum[/URL]Threadmaster: Enter Threadmaster Here[/b]
Description by (enter your name here, or Threadmaster, if the TM did it)
Here, write a summary or description of the RP.
Current RP members: Here write down the members, their MT names, not their names in the RP.
Here tell whether more participants are desired.
Here, include a link called Word Aside that links to the WA.

edit: Aranel Chris has completed the first round of RPs. She did: Quest into the Shadowmountains, Overly-Ornate Scabbard, short-tale, and Sanctuary.

note: When you take the description almost entirely from the Word Aside, and you only change it a little bit, don't put it in quotes, just say at the top: Description by Threadmaster.

[ 04-18-2004, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Mandin ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

sorry mine wasn't up to template!
I did the best I could without really knowing how you wanted it to look.
Thanks for the intructions (for next time)

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

You did well, Aranel. Hey, are you still doing more, or do we need somebody else to get on it? After all, it's week two. Where is everyone?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I could be next.
I'll go and harvest a small list from the Green Dragon, remove those that have already been done, and see whether the rest is a reasonable weekly workload. I'll then edit this post and tell you which ones I'm working on, in case others want to work at the same time.

As for where I've been - I've been writing a complete summary of where all the characters of my RP are at the moment. We are going to form a company, but we haven't all met up yet, so we needed to get the location and time issues sorted out. As threadmaster, it is my responsibility and my privilege to do that job. Takes some time, but it's fun!

Edit:
I moved the list of threads I work on to a separate post.

[ 04-19-2004, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Barufiniel ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Role-Plays of Minas Tirith: Links and Summaries [RFP] (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help