Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Pen and Parchment Inn (Page 6)
Author Topic: The Pen and Parchment Inn
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, bring it!

I was considering sharing a tale of a wayward princess of Arthedain... []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was considering sharing a tale of a wayward princess of Arthedain.
[] And, how wayward will you make her? []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's already written with a co-writer who wrote the princess part.
Judging by your " [] ", I decided I won't share it on this site.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

quote:
I decided I won't share it on this site
[]
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I'm sure I can come up with something vanilla for the [] crowd.
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

peppermint candy would be better - that, or death by chocolate . . . [] []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Ok, then stand and deliver.
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

[] Misty mornings make marvelous mythcraft. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog smirked as he said to the watery tart,

"BAh. You seem to have no tale to tell. Surely I thought you would have many.

I on the other hand, do have many. I could tell the tale of the renegade Haradian that terrorized Rohan, but his deeds were evil and his end is unknown. There are some who say that Alfhelm, the captain of the riders of whom some claimed had caught him, ran him through and burned his body before burying the ashes. But other who claim to have been there say that the silver tongue of this Haradian managed to have him taken captive and he escaped when being brought to Edoras for trial. It is a mystery what became of him.

Or I could tell a tale of a soldier who served on the Eastern Watch of Arthedain in the days before the fall. He kept good journals, and were discovered with many many other writings in a hidden cellar at the Forsaken Inn. I think most of them have been cataloged in the newly rebuilt Library of Annuminas. Yes, there are many a tale that could be told from these Annals.

I will have an ale and some bread and cheese while give thought as to which one I will tell."

The fair maiden serving tables brought him a Prancing Pony Red Ale.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Faithfull regarded Snowdog with wide-eyed bemusement, followed by an impish grin. []
"Well, Mr. Snowy, some people are meant to live the adventures, and some are meant to tell the tales. Still others are destined to give rapt attention and provide the backdrop of support in the creation of the tales - Methinks one cannot tell, at a glance, whether someone is involved with doing any of those things, or perhaps all three. " [] [] []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

"Here be a short aside about an observation that I thought was amusing. while walking about the Midsummers Eve Festival ....

A young lady and her partner were walking in front of us, and I noticed she was wearing a Middle Earth map dress with matching map leggings. Later at the Stag Inn, she was there talking to a soldier of the New Varangian Guard. He was saying that he was a bit lost and asked if the road to the Forsaken Inn was through the Hills of Evendim. She was talking and laughing and pointing to where the Forsaken Inn would be while he was checking her out. She was rather chuffed, but her partner coming back to the hay bale with two beers, not so much. My guess was she was likely "asked for directions to many a Middle Earth locations" by guys through the day. Saw them later by the gate having a bit of an argument. She was then wearing his hoodie and looked cranky and pissed."

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Snowdog sipped his beer and said,

"And now for a tale about Lady Riannon. She was the Royal Palace Guard Commander's daughter who ended up becoming betrothed to two men within weeks of each other..."

He browsed hi snotes and took another drink befre starting...

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Pen and Parchment Inn (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help