Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Mission, Quest, Thing for the Sword - Word Aside (Page 13)
Author Topic: Mission, Quest, Thing for the Sword - Word Aside
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's good. Aerinha lives! Lol!

I'm sure it wasn't your fault. Even if they did post after your fighting. And you're not the only one that uses magic.

I can sort of see what they mean, but what is the point of having magic users if they can't use magic?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In place of the Dark Lord you would have a Queen. Not dark, but beautiful, terrible as the Morn. Stronger than the foundations of the Earth. All shall love me and despair!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*:. A Proud Member Of H.A.A.H.A.A. .:*

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

posted      Profile for Lady Pherloteiel   Email Lady Pherloteiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps just not so many, magic users...
From: Eglarest | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There really aren't that many of us that I know of (as being true magic users), not that post regularly anyway.

(Thanks for keeping Iaura on your horse in the RP. She appreciates it!)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
In place of the Dark Lord you would have a Queen. Not dark, but beautiful, terrible as the Morn. Stronger than the foundations of the Earth. All shall love me and despair!

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But I'm still confused! []
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's cool having magick users, its just that using stupid magick or using it too often for trivial things makes it seem like Harry Potter.
I didn't in any way want Aerinha to die, I apologise for making it seem that way, but Suri, you are not the only one responsible, I'm responsible just as much as anyone else here so don't take it as a personal attack, I just think the RP could be made better if we take things seriously and try to imagine what you'd really do in that situation, use telepathic speach or pull someone off to the side?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)
A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A.

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

You're not the only one, El. I'm still confused too.

I like having the magic users in the RP too, Gollum. Admittedly we all seemed to be using a little more than we should of late, but then for ages none of us used any at all. Maybe we should all cut down on the amount of magic we use...

It would be nice to keep this RP fairly sensible, but it was never originally meant to be one of the really serious ones. Then again, it never really was anything but serious though once it got going.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Uldrin Aulundiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2224
posted      Profile for Uldrin Aulundiel   Author's Homepage   Email Uldrin Aulundiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
okay.

EDIT: I just don't think that magic should be used so commonly like it is. We should have more physical fighting rather than magic-using all the time.

[ 09-09-2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Uldrin Aulundiel ]

From: Kansas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Stryder Wolfbane
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 83

posted      Profile for Stryder Wolfbane   Author's Homepage   Email Stryder Wolfbane   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well im afraid im gonna have to stay with magic cause i dont have a physical form []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
He who controls the past,
commands the future.

He who commands the future,
conquers the past.

Kane - Command and Conquer

From: Ellesmere Port (UK) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Suriana
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1933

posted      Profile for Lady Suriana   Email Lady Suriana   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hm, well, if anybody come to revive Aerinha from her unconcious state, she has daggers. She'll fight with those.....
From: Hell | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Uldrin: I agree that it shouldn't be used all the time, but how would a sorceress might but with magic? Though I do try to write in more weapons than spells.

Stryder: Yes, I can understand that. It's perfectly reasonable. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't fight with magic, or any other way for you to fight.

Suriana: Once all this is sorted out, Iaura will save Aerinha. Ok?

Anyone: Can I have a brief outline of where the good and bad guys are right now in the RP? I'd like to post but really don't ahve time to read it all. Thanks in advance.

E: Iaura has a fine sword, but usually fights with magic due to being a sorceress. If you remember, a while back she was preapring her sword for fighting.

[ 09-10-2002, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: The Dark Queen Iauraearien ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

posted      Profile for Gollum the great   Email Gollum the great   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
just look at Gandalf, obvious power but does he go around blasting orcs with fire?
well Elmedhir and I have just gathered an army of woodland creatures and Soilia has run off to infiltrate your ranks, but I'm not sure that SSA or GDoE are going to return.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
...What we came to realise was that you don't have to put a sword in her hands to make her strong. And where we've come to now is all these true elements of who Arwen is. I mean this is an incredibley powerful and fearless woman filled with so much hope and belief and that is strong enough. ~ Liv Tyler (Arwen)

From: canberra , australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 83

posted      Profile for Stryder Wolfbane   Author's Homepage   Email Stryder Wolfbane   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well until ya get close to a patch of shadow(the nearest being a couple of miles away) im stuck in the wraith plane
From: Ellesmere Port (UK) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Gollum, you make a good point. I was just saying that Iaura is a sorceress, and in general in RPs etc, she wouldn't fight with a sword as her strength lies in her magic.
In actual RPs, if you play them anywhere except over the interent, the sorceresses always fight with magic and very rarely have weapons. They usually have the higher intelligence (to cast the magic) and lower strength (making it hard for them to fight with weapons even if they manage to get one).

Stryder, we'll have to ride fast to some shadow then, shan't we?

E: This is off topic, and I apologise. If any of you were trying to PM me, you should now be able to. Just post here or in my inn and tell me if you can't.

[ 09-11-2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: The Dark Queen Iauraearien ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 83

I dont wish to seem pushy but can we start bak with the RP again cause im getting bored
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Stryder, there's nothing stopping anyone from posting.

I'll post in the RP if someone can tell me what's been happening in those last few posts. I really don't have time to read them.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

posted      Profile for Lady Pherloteiel   Email Lady Pherloteiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
~Aerinha is near where the one evil guy and Naethial are, who have teleported away.
~Aerinha followed using her dragon but used to much energy and went unconsious
~Meanwhile, the Infernals ran away because they think Aerinha is calling death to them
~Malik is stuck in the Wraith Plain, tending to Kivel(sp?)
~He can't get out until one of the company is near some shadow so that he can return. (something like that)
~the rest of us are (1)either still under the shadow dome of Iaura, or (2)are fighting bad guys

I think I got everything, or most of it, and I hope that its correct

Does that help Iaura

From: Eglarest | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

ok, its official, Galadriel isn't coming back.
someone kill her off.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Thank you Lady P, that helps Iaura a great deal.

Gollum, if she has left she hasn't it posted here, which she should do. Nobody can kill her off until she does.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Gollum the great
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1642

I pmed her and she told me she doesn't intend to return.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

I'm not saying that she isn't leaving. I'm just pointing out that she should have posted here or PMed me, rather than sending a message through you.

Galadriel, if you really do want to leave, could you please post here and tell us? Thanks.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

Are we posting again?

And BTW DQ, I can't get any PMs to you. Maybe you should clean that box out faster. []

[ 09-14-2002, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Elendil the Tall ]

From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Yes, we're posting again. Or at least we can do.

Sorry, as soon as I clear a space I get another one to fill it. [] Have the PM ready and I'll go clear! lol

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

It sounds's like a hospital in here. "Clear" "Have it ready" Sorry, lol.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Lol! [] You're right, it does!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

LOL, I watched to many hospital shows on TLC. Anyway, I can finnally get two whole PMs off to you! LOL
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Mission, Quest, Thing for the Sword - Word Aside (Page 13)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  21  22  23 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help