Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » A Short Tale - A Word Aside (Page 9)
Author Topic: A Short Tale - A Word Aside
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I tread lightly...on toes.
From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No! Bad MANDOS! Bobo does that!
They were looking for a quiet corner, you idiot.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
Well, the word I put there just makes it seem like there were brawls everywhere, but they found the QUIETEST brawl to be in the middle of.
From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Being in the middle of a brawl would not further the story; it would sidetrack it (again).
If there was going to be a brawl, there could have been one with the barkeeps outside when she snatched up the book and its pages.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
No, no, you see...their just "passing through" the brawl...it's some sort of background disturbance they don't have to pay attention to.

Would it be better if I put fist-fight instead? Than they'd have to dodge the fists, and THAT might not further the story. The whole point would shift to a short sort of suvival mode involving a run-in with an ancient book-snatcher on stilts pretending to be a giant.

[ 10-16-2006, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: MANDOS ]

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

You're weird.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
I have PMS and a handgun.
Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt.

Roll of Honor Eryndil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3905

posted      Profile for Eryndil   Email Eryndil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not weird, he just frequently behaves with immature stupidity.

[ 10-16-2006, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Eryndil ]

From: Salford, UK | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just wish he wouldn't do it here. []
quote:
The whole point would shift to a short sort of suvival mode involving a run-in with an ancient book-snatcher on stilts pretending to be a giant.
Oh please ... []
That's as side-tracking as anything.

Once before, there was a word that was absolutely impossible as a part of the story. We chose to ignore it and have not included it in the story. I wonder if we could do the same here? The difference is that the poster then only posted once and probably hadn't realised at the time of posting that this was meant to be a coherent story. With a word from one of the regular posters it might be more difficult ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just ignore his posts, maybe? Until he starts making sense, anyway.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
I like how you delicately refer to everyone else as people who aren't you by calling them "others" Varna.

I've changed the word.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, MANDOS []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry Lyra & Varna- but this thread(the "word aside") cracks me up. The past five pages are filled with Mandos posting something inappropriate, everybody getting mad, him trying to explain himself, him changing his word, and then the whole scenario repeats itself... []

Mandos- why on earth do you still post in "A Short Tale" when it's obvious that your brand of humour/story-telling isn't appreciated there? You are tenacious, if nothing else... this must be very frustrating for you, and all you are doing is giving the others a headache.

[ 10-17-2006, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

We do seem to have gotten into a pattern ... []
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*anticipates new problem*

*pops popcorn*

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

It seems to be grammatical this time.

Makes a change ... []

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

*sigh*
So do we petition MANDOS to change it, or ignore it and move on?

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Will it make sense if we insert "and" in front of it?
We would have to pretend that it has been posted by somebody, and include it next time we write out the full story.

You could even add it as an "emergency edit" in your post, to remind us. And you could then post next, after Mandos.

We would ruin some of the fun for Thingol, of course, but he would just have to live with it []

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

If we add "and un-" in front of "curled," we could make it "uncurled the pages of the book..."
But that would be planning ahead, wouldn't it. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Oops - I posted before reading that post of yours.
So now we're not really planning ahead after all ... []

Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
Thanks for trying to snatch my toes out of the fire....but I think I'll just edit mine to fit.

You guys crack me up.

Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
Um, I just read story, and I could either keep my post the way it was, or we could tweek it back the way it was before it was just tweeked, and I would then remove the word "curled" and put something else there?
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I'll let Lyra decide that.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Looks to me like we can go on from here.
Unless my two+ word post is a bad breach in the rules.
Don't go putting me in charge, now; I'm such a control-freak.

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
Unless my two+ word post is a bad breach in the rules.
You could add a reference to this thread, to show anyone who feels concerned, that it was a necessary move to clear up a tangle.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Isn't that what we just did?
~~~
Yes, I bent the rules a little bit.
I think it was necessary to detangle the snarl MANDOS put in the works.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » A Short Tale - A Word Aside (Page 9)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help