Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » A Short Tale - A Word Aside (Page 3)
Author Topic: A Short Tale - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to butt in to the actual thread again -- can I participate ?
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmyTheElementMage
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 2081
posted      Profile for AmyTheElementMage   Author's Homepage   Email AmyTheElementMage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee hee. ....mother.. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
~Not all who wander are lost~
-J.R.R. Tolkien

From: Laffette Castle | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I certainly don't mind, Wandering Tuor, but then it's not my thread . . .
From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think that the last 'sentence' is actually a sentence.
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sir Laur, may I participate?
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I stand by what I said about who could post in the first post of this thread.

Who would I be to deny you, anyway?

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aelish
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3520

posted      Profile for Aelish   Email Aelish   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds absolutely intriguing...
May I? *takes literary liberty and joins in*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Live each day to the fullest for fortune favors the bold.

From: It's kinda like playing "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego." | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banazîr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3466

posted      Profile for Banazîr   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Suddenly, nothing quite mananged to happen.
How could nothing manage to happen suddenly?
From: Bagshot Row | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

O ye of little imagination.
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Khalid, its quite simple, imagining something happening suddenly, lets say there a sudden bang. Got that? Right, now remove the bang. You've then got a Sudden nothing
From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

[]
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banazîr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3466

Using the same imaginary thoughts, you were speaking silently in your last two posts [] ?
From: Bagshot Row | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

Don't be silly, you can't speak silently! []
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Meneldil, I hope you don't mind me ignoring the period and extending the sentence. There are many twists and turns this sentence can take.

[ 04-19-2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banazîr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3466

Celebrían -

quote:
Suddenly, nothing quite managed to happen the
I think that's grammatically wrong? Shouldn't the 'the' be a 'to'?
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Khalid, that depends on what happens next.
Banazîr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3466

Ok, although I don't know anyway to continue it correctly.

Khalid

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Curufin, nice plot twist!
Banazîr
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3466

Indeed! I couldn't think of something that actually fit in there.
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Meneldil, at Lugbúrz's prompting I apologize for not waiting for your reply before posting to the RP thread. We can delete easily enough, and start anew. Your thoughts?
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

Thats fine, don't worry Celebrian
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So there's a word aside! I should've remembered that!

How did this get past the gatekeepers?

quote:
A problem, greatly involving the way they were heading.
Makes our present sentence like a quote from Mark Twain in comparison.

The tail is supposed to speak a tale, not just form meaningful sentences! Let's delete that sentence out and make sure we approve of a full stop before we begin a new sentence.

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Lugbúrz, I agree we don't want to be too hasty. Perhaps we should also acknowledge the effort taken to get that far into what appears to be a side comment. We could enclose it in parentheses and add it to the sentence prior.

[ 04-28-2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
After that, anyone may post, providing they have read these rules and endeavour to keep to them.
Which I have done and will do.
So I have joined and posted.

btw, *bump*

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » A Short Tale - A Word Aside (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  16  17  18 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help