Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » A Short Tale - A Word Aside (Page 15)
Author Topic: A Short Tale - A Word Aside
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks to Nimruzir, seems like we can move on !
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Q and Inc' could add quotation marks around the word out?
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Done []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please Q!

"Ugly"? Can't you use a word that fits more with the storyline?

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They were ugly, as seen from the newcomer's perspective. Which just means that they were actually quite good looking, and this newcomer was a raving lunatic. I thought it was easy enough to put that together. []

[ 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Q ]

From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

No, no, no... it's not that kind of story, and you know it. []

You've started plenty of RPs here where you can let loose with your unique brand of humour. Like...

here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
here,
and here.

You have a weird and quirky sense of humour. We get it. [] But can't we try and keep this story a lit bit more "saner" and you can get all goofy in the other threads? []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Thingol. The newcomer should not be a raving lunatic.
Play him as a sane person, and make him say something that makes sense as coming from a sane person - or don't play him at all.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
Look at it from my perspective...oh wait, that might take eons. Oh well, if any species has a gift for brevity its the Q. Poof! The word has been changed.
From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now that we're moving again [] , I have even updated the full story. Last update was in June ... []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

It's possible to stop the sentence there and put a question-mark, or to continue it for a few more words. This time I decided to leave it open for the next poster to decide []
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay, I am very confused by the dialogue []

Does it make any sense ? []

LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When Luke Q. MANDOS posts the last word, hope of making sense flies out the window.
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I want to introduce a new rule here.
Whenever Q posts a word that doesn't make sense, we're free to ignore it and continue the sentence from the word before it as if he hadn't posted.

State in this thread that this is what you're doing, though, and I'll know to ignore his word when I update The full story.

Q, I hope that this will encourage you to work with us (as you have done occasionally) and not against us (as you have mostly done). Try to see where we're going and try to go in that direction, instead of running off on your own.

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Let's try with his word this time.

But your rule seems [] to me, Varna []

I remember that we'd already zapped one of Q's word in the past, once []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Yes, we did.

This time it's actually possible to use it - at least with your addition, Inc' []
Whether it moves us on in the right direction, I'm less sure about, but at least it shouldn't lead us off the track.

Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We fight with sharper blades than you do. Alas! This is not the best place for discussing which of the swords is sharper.
Although I really want to be clear that mine is sharper. But not here, it isn't right place for discussing this. Follow me into the kitchen and I'll gouge your eyes out.

Women!

*ducks*

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love how I get to post the short words sometimes. My average post on the current page is two and two-thirds letters. []

[ 12-06-2008, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
Just moving in the right direction.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

ARRGH!

not

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Unless you effortlessly see a way to make Q's word 'feminine' a part of the story we are trying to tell, use the new rule and ignore it.
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

I suppose we should be thankful his seven previous words were normal...
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a record for him?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

probably
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Yes, I would think so.
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » A Short Tale - A Word Aside (Page 15)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help