Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  45  46  47 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar (Page 25)
Author Topic: The Theft of Umbar
Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

posted      Profile for Kailash   Email Kailash   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kailash turned to Kharnun.
"I think our presence brings danger. We must be cursed or hunted by evil to have such dangerous occurences follow our company wherever we go. Let us make for the ship so as to lure any more perilous enemies away from this village."

With that, Kailash and the dwarf jogged back to the ship, weapons bloodied and still in hand.

From: Northlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Are we all still whole?' Kharnûn asked. 'Gandalf is gone, you say? Alas, at our hour of need. And Bethberry, has she escaped the fire?'

The dwarf helped a wounded elf-maiden onto the ship.

'Wait!' he cried suddenly. 'Adan! Adanedhel is not here!'

[ 09-25-2003, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Cernunnos ]

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Nor will he be with us on our journey south Kharnûn," Arcon said as Madmartigan and he stumbled back up the gangplank, "He has found another path, different than our own, that he must travail. Though it saddens me greatly, non may stop him now, that flame is gone for now."

Arcon turned and stood against the sides of the boat, watching the inferno engulf what was left of the inn. With a loud and thunderous crack, it finally collapsed, as flames shot out from underneath the rumble and black plumes of smoke floated into the air. "Worry not Master Dwarf, both Bethberry and Gandalf were long gone before the foul yrch approached," Aglod said giving Kharnûn the letter Arcon found in Bethberry's room.

All the survivors of the attack were onboard the remaining ships in the harbor, which had already set out for the coast. Aglod's boat had taken in a handfull of elven women and a few children, most of the men were on another boat. The company walked around attending to minor wounds sustained during the attack, both physically and mentally.

As Arcon passed one young woman who was sitting on the deck, he noticed that she was not elven, and infact, had a exotic look to her, as if she was born in a land far from elvish realm. "Are you ok?" Arcon asked kneeling down to her eye level...

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sight of the elf startled Valkyr. She rose immediately and flashed her sword at his face, the point just missing his nose. Gasps of surprise and dismay surged around her like a rope cutting through her wrists. Valkyr eyed the elf, ignoring what went on behind her and focusing on his face.

The words of her father came back to her: ‘Those pointy-eared demons are not to be trusted. Kill when necessary. But know they are skilled beyond your training; you may be defeated. Use your cunning at all times, and be sure to always watch your back.’

Feeling the hilt of the cutlass at her side, Valkyr stepped back, wet her lips, and stepped back again. The group of elven women and children moved away; the sight of this stranger, hooded, but clearly darker-skinned, caused for much alarm.

Valkyr let her eyes wander over the other warriors on the ship. Two men and a dwarf, and another stood by the portside of the ship; but all were noticeably taken aback by the new proceedings. Some held their weapons close, and Valkyr realised she was outnumbered. She lowered the sword and sheathed it, but kept her focus on the elf before her.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

posted      Profile for Kailash   Email Kailash   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kailash eyed the confrontation between the hooded woman and Arcon. It was a pleasent suprise to see a sword in the hand of a woman, something usually quite rare in most parts of Middle Earth, except, of course, among Renshai. He recalled how a band of ruffians sought to attack the Renshai village while the men were absent, and how not one of them had escaped the shockingly furious sword blades of the skilled women and children.
Kailash's thoughts returned back to the present, and with an amused grin, he sheathed his swords and leaned back against the main mast. Watching the scene unfold, the Renshai warrior was as curious as everyone else as to the identity of the female stranger.

From: Northlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aglod stared at the woman in fascination. In his days, he had seen many women beautiful to behold, but this one held something more. Not only beauty, but a sort of danger.
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There was a glimmer of bright sunlight that flashed off the strange woman's sword, and flashed across Arcon's face. He leaned back as the sword swung towards his face, stopping right before his nose. "Easy," Arcon said with a raised eyebrow, "I'm not here to hurt you. See." Arcon raised his hands up beside him in a gesture of disarment.

"We are all here to help you, but such assistance will be scant if you decide not to sheath your blade my lady," Arcon said. The woman said nothing, only backed away. "There's no way off the ship until we make harbor once more, unless you excell at swimming. It would be beneficial for both of us if we did not resort to violence, wouldn't you agree?" Arcon asked the woman. "Hasn't there been enough bloodshed for one day?"

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Valkyr remained silent. The words of the elf confused her and his actions moreso.

‘He has magic elsewhere,’ she thought. ‘He can’t kill me here, in front of everyone. He wishes to trick me… He is not kind… He is sly… As all elves are.’

The thought to reach for her cutlass and dagger passed through her mind, but the tension that rose from all aboard the ship told her to keep them hidden. Such things should be used carefully, in flight or in defence.

‘Attack is not my strongpoint.’ Valkyr reminded herself, ‘though at times I wish it were. But to kill a shipful of people is not the best plan. I do not know how to steer a boat, and fish is not the best food in this world…’ Valkyr smiled, as she remembered her life on the coast of Enedwaith.

As whispers were heard from the elven women, Valkyr showed her palms to the elf before her. And for the first time since the sun rose that morning, she spoke:

“Örvisek.”

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

Aglod went below, taking no more heed of the woman. Finding what he needed, he came back up onto the deck. Crawling up onto the crow's nest, he yelled back down to Arcon, "Old friend, it seems to me that we're heading further out to see, in the wrong direction."
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

As she waited for the elf to speak again, Valkyr found that one of the people had disappeared; the unidentified person had been standing by the portside of the ship only moments before. She feared there were more warriors to come and so took hold of her sword again, but she did not unsheathe it.

Very soon, the person came up onto the deck once more and Valkyr saw that he too had pointed ears. The discovery that two male elves were now in her midst scared her more, and she desperately tried to remember the words of her father:

‘They can see things we men cannot. Hear things we can’t. Even be aware of details that no man could dare to seek out… Some see this as wisdom, but I find it sinister; as only a crafty and selfish race could be…’

Valkyr watched again as the other elf climbed up to the top of the mast. He then called to them.

“Arcon…” Valkyr whispered and turned again to the named elf. She spoke aloud once more, “Where do you journey?”

[ 08-09-2002, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Kharnûn had barely read the letter Bethberry had left behind her when there was a sudden disturbance on the already chaotic deck. A hooded figure, now revealed to be a woman of southern appearance, had whipped out a blade and threatened Arcon! There were cries of alarm from the others on board. The tactful words of the Elda had succeeded in mollifying the warrior-woman, at least for the moment, and now the ship had come out of the estuary of the Brilthor, leaving the village smoking in the trees in its wake. Happily the sea was calm, with only a moderate swell. The stranger, at whom the elves were looking askance, enquired where they were headed. Kharnûn would have been glad to know the answer himself.

'Master mariner!' one of the elf-women called out. 'We should make for the next settlement to the south, many from Ethir have kin there.'

The Marchwarden continued to study the Southron - for so he assumed her to be - with close attention. What was that accent of hers . . ?

[ 09-25-2003, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Cernunnos ]

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

"We head south," Arcon said without moving his attention from the woman, "to Ethir Duilwen." The two stood before each other, elf and cloaked woman, a twain of equally strong opposing spirits. Arcon lowered his hands back down. "We are travelling south my lady, how far is our own business," Arcon said to the woman, "Once we reach Ethir Duilwen you can go on your way, I'm sure south is not the direction you are meaning to take." The elda glanced at her dark hand that was gripping the hilt of her sword.

Arcon kept his glance on the woman, but backed away. Unfastening his sheath from his belt, he placed his blade on the deck of the ship, and stepped farther back, away from his weapon. "Whether you believe me or not, I shall remain unarmed until you depart. You appear to be one of noble mind, I trust my senses are not wrong, and that you will stay your attack." Slowly Arcon made his way over to Kharnun, who was still reading over the letter Bethberry had wrote. "Master Dwarf, could you please tend to our guest," Arcon said turning his head to the Marchwarden, "and keep an eye on her too Kharnun." he said with a keen look.

Going down to the lower deck, Arcon grabbed a map of the Eriador coast off of the table in Aglod's chambers and returned above deck. He relieved the elf who was manning the rudder. Arcon sighed heavily as a bitter sea breeze whipped his cloak behind him into the wind.

[ 08-15-2002, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

As the elf left her, Valkyr sighed and smiled. ‘South’, she thought. ‘That is well. Whatever place he speaks of, I know not. But Feilan is without me; I hope he sees this ship from the land.’

She watched as the elf spoke with the dwarf; he then disappeared from the deck only to return again. Valkyr turned her glance upwards to the elf at the top of the mast.

“I knew there was another floor, but there was nowhere to hide,” she muttered before hearing loud footsteps coming towards her. She stared at the dwarf, “Refskegg… I have seen your type before.” Valkyr let go of her weapons and knelt down beside him, “You I shall like without knowing your name.”

The dwarf stepped back for a moment as the woman touched her boot. Valkyr raised her hands before him, “You have no need to fear me. The others might, but you don’t.”

Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

After watching the dwarf peacefully approach the Southron woman, Kailash sheathed his swords and stretched his arms with a groan. Suddenly remembering his battle wounds, Kailash removed his shirt and inspected his left side where he saw a large black and blue bruise. Poking it with his index finger almost made him wince, but he decided to leave it be for the time being. Reaching behind him, the warrior's hand touched the gash across his back. Looking at his hand, painted in his own blood, Kailash motioned over for Madmartigan.
Madmartigan, being familiar with war wounds such as these, helped to cleanse the injury, and then proceeded to stitch it up. Thankful to have a comrade tend to his unreachable wound, Kailash just sat silent and expressionless, as he took swigs from a jug of ale.

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

The reeds along the banks of Ethir Duilwen swayed in the cold northern wind. It was early morning on a cold January day when the ship sailed into what was left of the once great river. The sun had no risen yet, but the moon was bright in the morning sky, casting a pale glow onto the ripples in the wake of the elven ship. Arcon was manning the rudder again, while Kailash was keeping watch in the crows nest. Everyone else appeared to be asleep, except the cloaked woman who stood looking out over the plains.

Ethir Duilwen heavily resembled Ethir Vrilthor, with more sparce patches of trees. Further south along the coast of Eriador, the land became more and more low and open. Tall green grasses grew about the upper banks of the river and extended out across the open plain. A few leagues to the left of the river, within view of the ship, there was a farely large patch of trees, pines that grew near the sea. Further down the river, small lights could barely be seen in the morning gloom.

A low horn rang out in the cold air, the port town had been expecting them.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

The sound of the low horn caught Valkyr unawares. She had stood near the side of the ship since it came into the river. Sleep had not disturbed her thoughts in the hours she spent at sea; she had been without a long deep sleep for many days now.

As the vessel travelled further inland, Valkyr’s eyes searched the wooded area for a sight of someone she knew. “He’s around, I can feel him,” she whispered. “He would not let me go, but I had to find my own way… Now I wish he was here.”

Hearing the noises of awakened bodies, Valkyr turned to look at the elf that stood by the rudder. “Arcon,” she recalled his name, and she felt a shiver as he instantly stared at her, but she did not avert her eyes. Time seemed to slow down as they looked at one another, and an uneasy feeling came upon Valkyr, until the horn sounded again, and Arcon turned towards the port.

Valkyr took hold of the rail once more, feeling sick, but she had not eaten since two days before. The sensation of hunger rose within the woman; yet the mere thought of food nauseated her.

As she looked up again at the sight of land, a low figure strode out from the trees. Valkyr smiled; forgetting her position she gave a long soft whistle. The figure stood still. Valkyr leaned over the rail a little; her eyes glistened in the waning moonlight as she whispered, “Feilan.”

Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

Kailash sat in the crow's nest and peered into the distance from whence the horn sounded. Seeing the lights of the port town, Kailash leaned over and made sure Aglod and Arcon were aware. Seeing them make preparations to dock, Kailash took another swig of ale from the jug in his hand before climbing down. As he jumped the last few feet to the deck, Arcon looked at the ale and frowned.
"Liquor in the crow's nest can be a risky combination my friend."
Kailash, with a large, jovial grin on his face, answered in his northern speech.
"Engi skip skulu sigla burt!"
As Arcon paused in thought, and attempt to translate what the Renshai spoke, Kailash laughed and repeated in the common tongue.
"No one is so weak of a drinker!"

Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

'Refskegg,' Kharnûn said as he pondered the apparently friendly words of the stranger-southron. 'I am a Redbeard, lady. Kharnûn son of Adhrûn, Marchwarden of the House of Shazûr, though now on quest with my comrades here. You I did not see in Ethir Vrilthor, though it is well you escaped the Rakhâs - your pardon, the Orcs. At your service and your family's.'

The dwarf bowed politely.

'You seem put out by the elves, if I may say . . be assured, they mean you no harm. Unless I miss my guess you are far from your homeland. Your accent is not familiar to me, though it seems you know something of the tongue of the Northmen. You have visited Rhovanion, perhaps?'

[ 09-25-2003, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: Cernunnos ]

Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

Kharnûn's acquaintance with Valkyr prospered, though she had given little of her background away. Now as the early morning light revealed the Duilwen and its surroundings, the dwarf came to stand beside her on the deck.

'Have you a friend here, Örvisek?' he asked.

Already small boats were setting out from the shelving beach below the elvish settlement of Ethir Dhuilwen to meet Aglod's ship. This village of simple fishing huts lacked Vrilthor's haven, and was nearer to the mouth of the river it was named for. Clearly, the inhabitants must know of the orc attack to the north, and were eager to help the refugees.

[ 09-25-2003, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Cernunnos ]

Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

"Aiya, aiya!" cried Aglod in the Noldorian tounge. "Hail, hail!" he then cried in the common speach. The ship slowly moved into the small harbour. Two crude pieces of wood served as the gangplank down to the small dock that strectched only forty feet into the water. After everyone was off, Aglod steeped onto the dock the cold wind cutting at his face like a thousand knives. "Now my friends, what shall we do?" he asked in anticipation.
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

The grim look that had been on Arcon's face since they departed the Vrilthor broke and the elf cracked a slight smile at Kailash's comment. "I suppose I would have it no other way my friend," Arcon said as he patted the Renshai on the back.

The sun was now beginning to rise over the shadowy mountains far away to the east as the last of the refugees were helped off the boat. The other ships from the Vrilthor were already being docked in the small bay, and the passengers were being welcomed by familiar faces. Throughout the coast of northern Eriador, within the elvish realm, families had spread out up and down the area over the years. It wasn't uncommon to find immediate members of one elvish family living in each of the small bays and harbors along the coast of the elvish realm of Cirdan.

"We head south, with no delay. We've taken our last stop until we reach Gondor," Arcon said as he walked over to where he had layed his sword. "If trouble desires our company, which it appears to be so, she shall find us on the open sea away from innocent people," he said as he sheathed his sword once more. As Arcon turned around, he saw Valkyr standing off to the side of the ship, looking out over the field near a clearing of trees at a strange figure.

"As I promised," Arcon spoke up, keeping his distance from the woman, "we've taken you to safety. I would expect you should be leaving now. We have quite a ways to go still and will be leaving immediately."

A wolve's howl went up, sending a sharp chill through the bitter morning air...

[ 08-22-2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Valkyr, paying little attention to the elf, quickly crossed over the gangplank, and ran towards a clump of trees north of the port. From where he stood on the ship, Arcon could clearly see what appeared from behind the thicket of wood, as it howled once more.

Valkyr stopped just outside the copse and called to the wolf, “Feilan, I am here.” She bent down and waited until the black-furred creature came to her. She started to laugh as he licked at her face, but sensing the eyes of those onboard the ship upon her, she carefully pushed the wolf away and kissed his muzzle.

“I found a ship, my friend. Remember those tales I told you about Umbar? Well, this ship is nothing like the ones I saw there. In fact it is even grander, though there is nowhere to hide. But I was not hurt, thankfully. That white demon did not even raise his sword at me; but I guess as my father told me that he was only playing me…” She rubbed Feilan’s ear, and the wolf turned his head sideways, enjoying every moment of attention.

Valkyr placed her other hand near her boot. As she did so she remembered that the Refskegg dwarf, Kharnûn, had cautiously backed away from her the night before. He must have known what she hid there, though he did not speak of it. Little did she speak to him that night, at least little of herself did she speak. Valkyr was certain she could trust Kharnûn, but knowing that he was a friend with the two elves brought suspicion to her thoughts.

Looking to the port, it appeared that the ship was now empty. She turned back to the wolf, “If there was a hiding spot, I could spend the night there and they would not know I had come with them till later… But I saw nothing in my search. There was room for horses… And I don’t know how you’d get along with them, Feilan.”

The young wolf whimpered a little and Valkyr turned and stood up, quickly taking hold of the dagger that was hidden in her boot. No one was near them, but Valkyr could see Kharnûn, and the man that had been called Kailash, watching her from the port. Valkyr sat down upon the ground and hid the dagger once more, sliding it into her sleeve; the cold metal lay against her skin.

“I’ll stay here with you this day, Feilan. If they come, they come.” Valkyr kissed Feilan’s head and grimaced, “But for now we shall just reminisce.”

Feilan draped a paw over Valkyr’s lap as he lay down beside her. Resting his head on the ground, the young wolf watched the two figures keenly.

Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

Kailash eyed the strange woman resting in the distance. Addressing Kharnun beside him, he asked, "Well, Master Dwarf... What do you make of that woman? She acts as if she is in the presence of enemies, overly cautious and quick to draw steel. Mysterious, if you ask me."
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

As she sat beside Feilan, Valkyr’s thoughts drifted back to her last morning in Enedwaith. A smile crossed over her face as she relived the memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Resting peacefully upon the shore, Valkyr could unmistakably hear the sounds of feet coming towards her. But she did not stir; instead she formed in her mind how she would surprise the intruders as she listened to their movements.

There was a soft clink of steel and Valkyr knew she was in danger. It was perhaps too late now to move, as the heavy breathing became louder. Valkyr mumbled words even she could not clearly understand, “No one gets away with nothing.”

The surrounds became silent, and for a long time Valkyr was unsure what was happening. It wasn’t until she felt her dagger being slid out from her boot, that she knew there was more than one enemy. Still she did not move, and carelessly the men sighed…

Valkyr took hold of her sword and sliced at whatever hovered near her foot. Jumping up she turned to see two men - one with an axe, and the other holding a knife. They stared at her. The woman held two weapons, sword and cutlass. To her left groaned a third man; his right arm cut off at the elbow. The other two stared in dismay at the severed forearm, now lying dead beside him.

Valkyr smiled and kicked the rotten limb into the water, “Go into the sea. It should heal your wound.” She kicked the man’s legs, “Go on.”

The axe-wielder thrust his arm out to catch Valkyr’s hand, but only grabbed the sleeve of her cloak.

The first tug alarmed Valkyr and she spun around to lash out at the other two men. One fell down before her, his face impressed into the sand; while the second sprung away from her and dropped his knife before fleeing the area. Valkyr promptly took hold of the knife and threw it towards the escapee. She shielded her eyes from the sun, as she watched the man slip and fall on his back.

The screams of pain reached the ears of Valkyr easily and she grinned, mumbling to herself, “No one gets away with nothing.”

She upturned the axe-wielder and found a keen slit across his face. The man was still breathing and short gasping moans emitted from his mouth.

“That’ll teach you for messing with a Variag,” she announced. Ignoring him, she turned to the one who lost his forearm. He had started to crawl, albeit rather lop-sided, towards the glinting waters of the sea. “Wait ho! You still have my dagger!”

Sheathing both cutlass and sword, Valkyr strode towards the man, kicked him over and stood beside the wretch. He stared at her, “What land do you come from?”

“The land of Khand as I’ve already told you. I have no special magic, only great skill in defence. You had no need to fear me. And you still don’t. If you hand me back my dagger, I will do no more to you unless you force me to think otherwise.”

“What shall I do then?” he said, not moving.

Valkyr shrugged, “You can go back to your tribe. Take your companions if you wish. I don’t want their rotting carcasses near me.”

The man sneered at her, “I could bring a whole army upon you.”

“I could sail off to a distant land,” Valkyr retorted, and crouched down beside him, “The dagger.”

The man moved his severed arm towards his belt, gasped and then took out the blade with his only hand. He chucked the dagger towards his slit-faced companion and then continued to crawl towards the sea.

“What of that army?” Valkyr asked; confusion filled her eyes, though her expression remained calm.

“They will come.” The man said, and he spoke no more. Valkyr watched in silence as the man became consumed by the morning tide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whimpers of Feilan brought Valkyr back to the present. She looked to the port once more and watched as elves welcomed elves. Kharnûn and Kailash had left their prior position, but Valkyr was not concerned.

“I think I could trust both of them,” she whispered to her furred companion. As she rubbed his neck she felt him growling. Feilan sniffed at the air and growled louder. Turning to her right, Valkyr could see who it was that caught her wolf’s attention.

[ 08-24-2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

'Mysterious is the word, Kailash,' Kharnûn replied. 'I exchanged a few words with her last evening - she seems well enough disposed to the dwarf-folk - but she gave little hint of her background. We may take it however that elves make her nervous! What is that dog she is greeting now . . . Beard of Ennûr, it's a wolf, unless my sight's getting thick!'

[ 09-25-2003, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Cernunnos ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar (Page 25)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  45  46  47 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help