Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  64  65  66 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bit pushy Gil-Galad?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*wipes a tear from his eye*

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! I must of inherited the Feanor gein since I am impatient rebelious and I have a temper. But I am trying to over come all those bad habbits!
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good!
We don't want an elf with a bad temper, they can get awfully nasty........

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Slaps forehead.*

Ah! I didn't know you were expecting it tonight! I was gonna do it first thing tomorrow. But check it now I sent it.

The Apologetic,

Orofacion

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

No problem Oro! Check your pm.
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

posted      Profile for Gandalf the Grey   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings All,

I am writing to you from a computer at the public library. The computer phone line where I'm staying has gone down. No word on when it will be repaired. Hopefully this afternoon, but maybe not until after the weekend.

Meanwhile, the snow storm rages on, and the National Guard has been deployed. Good news is, travel ban does not apply to my particular county. Bad news is, travel ban applies to the counties I need to travel through to get home. Plus, they've closed the thruway again. Tomorrow, the storm moves South, directly over my path home, which might mean I'm stranded here yet another day or two.

So life permitting, I will be around. (Maybe from the library again tomorrow, if I'm not on the road.) Please feel free to continue the RP without me, knowing that I shall reappear as soon as I'm able.

Gandalf the Grey

Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

posted      Profile for Gandalf the Grey   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hullo Bethberry,

I would just like to join Orofacion of the Vanyar in expressing my hopes that you'll stay.

Sincerely,

Gandalf the Grey

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

YEAH! Me too!

don't go bethberry!

Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy winter, All,

I wonder, Adanedhel, do you call this hot weather you have now summer or winter?

I will stay in the RP; many thanks for your statements of support. It is just that now it is difficult to post quality messages, since my time is otherwise occupied. I am on the other side of the continent, staying with relatives and making daily visits to a family member who is gravely ill in the hospital. There are horses to feed here and wood to chop and this morning a coyote came within five feet of the window. The bird feeder is busy all day, but I haven't seen a falcon yet!

I would like to post a lament for the departure from Rivendell, but I don't know if I can do that tonight. I can always alter it to fit a song on the voyage if passage hits a boring,dull lag between enemy attacks. *G*

BTW, I just saw LOTR yesterday. You guys might be interested to know that I composed Bethberry's ride through the forest to defeat the Wargs before I saw Arwen's ride to bring Frodo to Rivendell.

Cheers,
Bethberry

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Summer

and i had to work yesterday in 36degree (celsius) heat!

i work for the chemist about 2 kms away and i do deliveries

very hot!

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What would that be in Farenheit for us Yanks?

Bethberry it's quite alright about your predicament and I sincerely hope your family member gets well soon.

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

Dear Bethberry,

I'm sure I speak for everybody here when I say, please take all the time you would like to visit your family member in the hospital, even if it means that you can't visit Minas Tirith at all during that time.

As far as the horses to feed and wood to chop, I find that sort of rustic life eminently appealing. Adanedhel's summertime also sounds attractive, though without the bush fires!

I definitely look forward to whatever song that you may come up with at your convenience, knowing the talent you can bring to bear.

Bethberry's ride through the forest had a unique and personable twist to it, IMHO, such that while in some ways one can liken it to Arwen's ride, your story passage clearly stands out for containing your own original ideas.

Gandalf the Grey

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Sorry Orofacion i wouldn't have a clue!

But is is REALLY hot!

okay, it was hot anough to cause the worst bushfires Australia has had for about 5 years

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Greetings All,

Been doin some research on the timeline and found some interesting things going on in Gondor AND in the south at this time. But I will remain quiet so I won't spoil the fun. The ruling steward is Turin II. Just a little info to keep things chronologically correct.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

Ah, I believe he is right before Ecthelion, no?
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

If this helps, 30C = 90F.

Thank you, Gandalf the Grey, for your kind remarks about Bethberry's ride and your expectations about the poem. :-)

Pictures of the Australian bush fires are on our news reports right now.

See you guys tomorrow.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Bye Bethberry.

Correct Gilgalad.

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Really?

I didn't think that they would even report them in America, hmmmmmmmm

Anyway, bye!

Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

My post did not turn out to be a poem. Sorry. Hope the prose fits.

Should someone write a description or poem about Aglod's ship, as way of augmenting detail and atmosphere, before the battles begin? Is it a Vikingesque longboat or more a 16th century galleon? Who is the crew--and how many--and what special roles do we have on board?

And, what kind of provisions do we take on board? Are the horses coming? Wyrd, of course, can fly with us and perch on a mast.

Bethberry

Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

I'll write the description.
Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

posted      Profile for Kailash   Email Kailash   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,
I've been looking for a good RP thread to join and this one stands out most of all. I was wondering if I could join in along the way.

Seeing as how you are still in Rivendell, I don't think I'll be able to introduce my character properly until you continue your journey.

Will you accept the introduction of my character in the (hopefully near) future?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."

From: Northlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

* walks in, encircled by pipeweed smoke. thoughtfully utters a single word ... *

Borcha.

~~ Gandalf the Grey

Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

posted      Profile for Kailash   Email Kailash   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Grey Pilgrim is wise indeed.
From: Northlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Kailash,

Of course you can, been hoping for some new blood (not that I have any problems with the current blood . You guys rock!) Well care to explain the "Borcha" fellas? What kinda character you lookin to play?

Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

"Borcha" is the name of a fellow that I used to know (very well).

But anyway, I suppose I should give a short description of my character. Or actually, my character's heritage.
I am born and raised of a warrior race. My people are known as "Renshai". The Renshai are a small tribe of Northmen that live in the region by the Blue Mountains. They are a warrior race, mighty among men and admired for their sword skills.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  64  65  66 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help