Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  64  65  66 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside (Page 34)
Author Topic: The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*bows head*

And so ends the human life of one the of company, probably the most mysterious and battle worthy, my friend and warrior brother. May his spirit be free from the Darl Lord's clutches...

*lays sword flat on the ground and touches the blade with his forehead and murmurs aloud in a way of prayer*

'For he who today sheds his blood for me, shall be my brother'

Stormcrow you are not Gandalf The Grey, you provide relief for worried friends of a warrior that provided protection and insight in so many ways.....

Thankyou,

Adanedhel

[ 11-21-2002, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Adanedhel ]

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

posted      Profile for Gandalf the Grey   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Since my last post here was ill-placed, being at the very bottom of Page 33 of this Word Aside thread, (and thus easily missed now that the thread has just started on Page 34) ... I now direct any interested parties to go back and take a look at Page 33. * bows *
Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gandalf the Grey,

It's been too long since you've stopped by old friend, a shame you could not stay longer. I would enjoy it if you would visit more frequently.

Your plot twist is interesting, but I'm afraid it won't fit the timeline. Not only are all the kings already turned to wraiths, they have also been sent out by Sauron to do his biddings.

I do not believe Madmartigan would want his character becoming such a thing as well. Of course we can only assume what he would want, but none the less I'd like to leave it as is just in case.

All,

Finals are over and I'm out till January so we are back in business! By the way... we've reached GONDOR!!!

*sits back and sighs "finally" *

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, finally. That suits my landlubber-mind. []

I'm not sure what Valkyr will do while in Gondor (I guess it depends on how she's treated), but I'll try to add a post today.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Finally regains consciousness from the swig of ale he had four months ago* Gondor? Where?

In all seriousness folks, I'm back, partially. Though I won't be on as much as I used to, I'll be here. And I can swear to you, Aglod will draw his sword and march with you to Umbar.

From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused as to where we are exactly.

Ad has posted (6 days ago), seeing our ship come to port.

Have we travelled further inland than Pelargir? Can ships get any further? Is Adanedhel in Minas Tirith now, or has he gone south a bit?

I ask, because I'm confused, and I don't want to add to the RP until I know exactly where we are.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Nárindo: Platypus of the Night... Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë
"Platypus - I'm amazed at how your mind works." Snow Wizard
"That's far too smart, Brae. You take that intelligence elsewhere, it doesn't belong in this thread!" Éomer
"Platypus- you were always a monotreme with exquisite tastes!" Thingol

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to drop in to say hello to Gil-galad. It is wonderful to see you posting here after your break. I trust everything is well, and that you will be around regularly.

*bows*

*Notices Gandalf the Grey in the distance, makes note that it is another of the high points in the city on the same day, after a very long time.*

From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Adanedhel can edit his post slightly to adjust to the miscalculation. The Pelargir is not that far from Minas Tirith, two or three days ride. I've done a little eyeball measuring and it looks like Minas Tirith to Pelargir is about the same distance as the Shire to Midgewater right before Amon Sul.

Thank you Lugburz for your concern. It's good to know other citizens keep up with our little exploits.

*bows in equal fasion*

[ 12-05-2002, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Oro, fixed it now, and I'll add the same correction to the latest post of mine...

Good to see you guys again! []

A very happy,

Adanedhel

From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Adanedhel: No one in the company knows of Valkyr's real name yet. They all know her as Örvisek, so Arcon would have introduced her to you as Örvisek not Valkyr.

[]

Perhaps Valkyr will feel safer in Gondor to be able to give out her real name?

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Braeden,

Edited......Seems like I am making mistakes galore! Must pay more attention from now on.....I think it's the working as a labourer that is making me tired!

Adanedhel

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

That's okay, Ad. There should be no mistakes made soon.

I just need a way to get Valkyr's story out. Maybe it can be forced out of her, after a bit of resistance from the Minas Tirith crowd?

I'm glad to be finally RPing with you, Adanedhel. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Just a simple query to clear things up:

Do we have Kaino with us? Valkyr's first question to Arcon once the ship had docked was "What are we to do?"

I forgot about Kaino in my meeting-Adanedhel post. Valkyr would have forgotten him too for a while.

I'm guessing he is with us. But who is keeping an eye on him?

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Braeden,

I assumed he would go his merry way once back in Gondor, but I can edit my post to adjust. Let me know.

All,

Minas Tirith is a thriving city with colorful and "expressive" citizens running about. That said I have invited a few fellow citizens here at our Minas Tirith to play cameo roles to give the RP a more realistic feel. This not only takes the burden off us for inventing the various people we will meet, but allows other citizens here to RP with us.

Everyone who was invited, feel free to introduce yourself and your character here in the Word Aside and we can get started.

Oro

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone.
I am pleased to announce that I am one of those invited - and who has accepted the invitation - by Orofacion to join for however short or long a period as is necessary your excellent and highly successful RP. I have not yet decided upon a character, though ideas are already flitting through my head.
I had a couple of questions first.
Will you be staying in an inn at MT or what?
How much of my character do I have to tell you about? I like bringing my characters in as completely new people, and let you only know what I say in posts or through conversation.

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Mandin,

Welcome friend! You may give us some more excitement in this RP besides the mucking about and practical jokes played by 'Adanedhel'! []

We most likely will be staying in an Inn, it is in the first circle of Minas Tirith and is well known to Adanedhel and he has been staying since he arrived in Minas Tirith.

Glad to have you aboard!

Adanedhel

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Mandin,

How much you tell us of your character is up to you. The same goes for everyone else. I think you have the best idea however in introducing your character through the actual RP, not the Word Aside.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

Oro, that's fine. I just noticed I had actually written "... what am I to do?", so Valkyr was just thinking of herself at that point. However, it still seems a little odd that Kaino was no longer mentioned. Perhaps a little note that he had left on his own could be included? I can be a little pedantic about the flow of a story. That's just the author in me. []

Mandin, welcome. Finally a chance to RP with you a little more seriously. [] I look forward to your intro-post.

Mormegil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2296

posted      Profile for Mormegil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am happy to announce that I, too, shall be joining you. I'm working on reading through the entire story right now, it may take me a few days. I was also wondering, is there any specific type of character that is needed at the time? Man, woman, elf, man?
From: Nargothrond | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Eruanne,

At this time there isn't a strong demand for any gender, just a character in general. Although if you need some inspiration, an innkeeper, guard of the citadel, soldier of gondor, or even a innmaiden of some kind would all be a good place to start. A merchant is also a strong possibility as we will be needing fresh supplies.

Don't worry about catching up too much on the story as a citizen of Minas Tirith would have no idea what we've been up to. But if you feel it will help then by all means take your time.

All,

I'd like us to hold off on new posts until we have all the guests here and their various roles sorted out.

[ 12-12-2002, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Guesting on 'Theft' is a great idea, and I look forward to the contributions of Mandin and Eruannë (and others?).

Having been unable to get at a computer for what seems like ages, I see we have come far fast (certainly seems fast compared with other stretches of the quest so far!). Ashore in Gondor at last, and even in Minas Tirith itself.

If I had been able I would probably have put in some description of the voyage up to Pelargir from the Mouths of Anduin, and of the city itself. JRRT nowhere described it, but there is a hint in one of his letters: a trip to Venice put him in mind of it.

On a point of probability: wouldn't the arrival of the voyagers in a port on a war footing have produced some challenge from the authorities of Gondor - at least some enquiry from the harbour-master as to who they were and what they were doing there? Also, since Barlong is a mariner in the fleet, shouldn't he have, as it were, reported in? One of the reasons I thought a shipwrecked Gondorian would be a good idea is that it would give an 'entree' to the South Kingdom - the commanders would be grateful for the companions saving one of their men.

I'll try an entry with something of the sort in mind - i'll alter it if others would definitely like them to be staying at an inn, or wherever.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kailash
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 666

posted      Profile for Kailash   Email Kailash   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back for Christmas break! I hope to post more often now and look forward to meeting our new RP guests.
Kailash's long sea voyage has also developed a craving for visiting the inn and tavern establishments. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."

From: Northlands | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Cern,

Great to hear from you finally! [] As always, great posting. Actually you put a most interesting twist on the story, either on purpose or not I can definetly work off of it in a most delightful way. Shame on Turin for bringing so much attention to a company on a secretive mission, perhaps words will be exchanged.... []

Kailash,

Great to have you back! I hope the break was pleasant. I'm sure Minas Tirith will have some fine ale for you my friend. Perhaps Arcon will match your mug with a glass of wine.

All,

There are others who have been invited so please be patient. We have 28 pages, a daunting task for any newcomer to catch up on.

Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your kind comments, Oro. The plot thickens . . .

Adanedhel: great to be back all together again. 'He loved the way that he could smell the ladies of Gondor . .' - there's a line and a half!

PS Remember it's the Steward they're going to see!

PPS Might this be a good time for Gandalf the Grey to reappear, if that were possible?

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

Possibly my longest ever post.

Are the names of the Princes of Dol Amroth recorded anywhere? If so, I'll change the made-up name.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside (Page 34)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  64  65  66 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help