Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  64  65  66 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have edited my most recent post to try to situate better the end of the fight.

Yes, indeed, Gandalf. "Take time to smell the flowers."

*skips away with a chortle and grin*

Bethberry

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

Good cheer and happy tidings, Guys. I will try to check in again later tonight, but then will probably be away from access until at least the 27th. Happy Christmas to you.

Bethberry

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas Bethberry and A happy new year!
From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

posted      Profile for Adanedhel   Email Adanedhel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
By the way who is going to play Elrond? I'm asking because of our proximity to Rivendell and as soon as we get there we are going to have to talk to him aren't we?
From: Hithlum (Dor-Lomin) | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess me that way I can get my idea across best. The spots still open to anybody in MT and any one of us can, seems kinda greedy if I do. If your up for it I'll have to fill you in on all my thoughts and it'd be really good if you could do some research on Elrond, really get into his character to make it as real as possible. But I might be going overboard with this, just tell me.
From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

posted      Profile for Gandalf the Grey   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Orofacion of the Vanyar,

With you being the mastermind behind this quest, and with your evident RP talent, background LOTR knowledge, and writing skill, I would say you are perfect to play the part of Elrond. While it is generous and noble of you to offer Elrond to any citizen at all of Minas Tirith, to my mind it makes sense for you to communicate those subtle and highly urgent thoughts you have in mind for Elrond, yourself. No matter how good any other volunteer would be to portray the Half-Elven, no matter how qualified ... you are the source and originator of this particular adventure, and thus are in the best position to relay vital information to the rest of the company, for our quest to be successful.

Thank you for your kind consideration of my words.

I remain at your service,

Gandalf the Grey

Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Bows very low.*

Truely kind.

Gandalf if you cable access right now i suggest you quickly turn to MSNBC, movie special is on RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

He is right Orofacion, You originated this journey you should have the honour. It may be hard but i think you would be up to it

If you want i can do some research. I have the Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales so if you tell me what you want to know i could have a look

At your service

*bows*

Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

posted      Profile for Gandalf the Grey   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... And now, I will be without computer access from now until at least the night of December 26th. Next three days are travel days, weather permitting. The place where I'm staying overnight from December 25th until the afternoon of the 26th has no computer that I can use.

I'll be looking forward to meeting with and interacting with Elrond on my return from celebrating Christmas.

Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!

Gandalf the Grey

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Merry Christmas Gandalf! I wish you a safe trip and return. Elrond will wait for your return to MT.
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

Thank you, Orofacion of the Vanyar.

So far so good, for me personally, anyways. Snowstorms coming through haven't affected me, beyond having to shovel the driveway three times. As of tonight however, they've closed the airport again like they did Christmas Eve due to the weather, and a major downtown highway is closed, up to 9 more inches expected to fall, and the lake effect snow storm is forecast to last into tomorrow.

All's I need do is have a successful travel day tomorrow, and I'm back home to my normal computer. (If only I could borrow Adanedhel's Australian heatwave!)

So at this point, I'd like to say, ON WITH THE STORY !!! (with the understanding that if I'm a bit late replying to the posts in the RP thread, you'll know it's just a snow delay and I'll get back into the game as soon as I can.)

Meanwhile, I continue to be highly favorably impressed by the excellent quality posts which all thread participants are contributing.

Gandalf the Grey

Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

Greetings All,

I wait with much curiosity for Elrond's words. I won't be back to my own computer until the 4th, and so must rely on borrowing my brother's. This will limit my participation, but I do hope to be able to post a little daily.

Very little snow on my journey, but deep cold is said to be setting in by Friday, with daytime highs of minus 21.

Bethberry

Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

State of Emergency has been declared here, with a travel ban in the city. They're comparing it to the Blizzard of '77.

So like Bethberry, I'll be on a borrowed computer again tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to travel tomorrow.

Gandalf the Grey

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

maybe it would be good if you did have an Australian heat wave, but then again we have bushfires raging here right now and that ain't too good...........
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Greetings All,

Seems everyone is having a little conflict with the weather, from blizzards to brush fires. Well normally I would stop and wait for everyone to get back home to their computer but with me being off and away Jan 6th and my access will be extremely limited, it might be best to get the ball rolling. I'll go ahead and think up most of what Elrond is going to say and I'll post most of it tonight. WARNING: It might be long.

Also I have avoided speaking for other people (ex. Adanedhel said "Wow it's Elrond") cause I don't want to change the planed personality of anyone but I might have to in the Elrond speach, but nothing major I assure you. I might not even have to. Still deciding.

Guys I really wanna thank you all and praise every single one of you for posting so amazingly! It is so much better than I ever planned.

Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

Am greatly looking forward to your post featuring Elrond tonight. * bows *

Gandalf the Grey

Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

That's a good idea!

You'll do fine and if you put words in my characters mouth for the good of the story i don't care

Madmartigan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1291
posted      Profile for Madmartigan   Email Madmartigan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, any of y'all can feel free to write for my character, I have no problem with it.

And yeah, Oro should be Elrond! :-)

From: Houston | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gandalf the Grey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1090

I can write for your character, Madmartigan? Don't tempt me. * wizardly enigmatic look *

Gandalf the Grey

Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

Orofacion,

This is perhaps a question I should have asked when you asked me to join the RP. How long do you expect it to run? Do you want to conclude it before you leave on Jan6th? I don't wish to be a poor sport, but it is hardly worth my time to try to continue it now, when I have many family obligations, only to find it over once I return to my own computer and have more time to spend.(This is not to say that I don't appreciate and enjoy your skills at RP or this quest!)

Bethberry

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Bethberry my intentions were to either kill myself off, sorry to spoil it, or let someone take over my posts, to speak for me. I was hoping you guys would take it over with me posting whenever i could. But I'll worry about it before i leave. Just please dont leave the RP!
Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Since I am going to be your point man in Umbar I think I will travel with you until we reach Gondor. Once I know who the spies are, I will go down to Pelegir and pilot a boat. Now, in order to get into the city I will have the boat painted and the sails changed so it will look like an Umbar ship. If I come from the Anduin, they may get suspicous so, I could go far out into the Bay of Belfalas and then make a u-turn back to the havens of Umbar. I will also need a disguise of some kind of another as well. Once I reach the city and enter it, what then will I do?
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

Gilgalad i'll pm you on my thoughts on what you could do. That way it won't spoil it for the rest of yall.
Adanedhel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1011

Good job on Elrond Orofacion!

So we have to go to Minas tirith and then on to Umbar.......interesting.........

Gil-galad
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 576

posted      Profile for Gil-galad   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not trying to rush you, but are you ever going to pm me?
From: TX | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Theft of Umbar - A Word Aside (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  64  65  66 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help