Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Minas Tirith Oscars - The Nominations (Page 1)
Author Topic: The Minas Tirith Oscars - The Nominations
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Let's make this a tad easier: after wading through all of your contributions, friendly banter, mass histeria, confusion, and statements of love, I have managed to conclude the following nominations. All you have to do is vote for the person you think most deserved of the title.

If you have not been nominated, I ask you to forward all complaints via PM to ZENITH, as I have appointed him Chief of Rejection, he is also Head of Light Entertainment and Beverages (although this title is honourary).

MOST (TOLKIEN) KNOWLEDGABLE CITIZEN
1. Fingolfin of the Noldor
2. Nimruzir
3. Mith
4. Amandil
BEST OVERALL THREAD
1. LoTR Movie Pics (Fingolfin of the Noldor)
2. Ensa Lucis: a scheming, good for nothing... (The Laurenendorian)
3. Hello Beren (Natasha)
4. An Unhappy Homecoming (Tinelwen)
BEST RP THREAD
1. Peanut Butter Wars (Gandalf the White)
2. SwordQuest (Arra)
3. A Short Tale (The Laurenendorian)
4. Food Fight (White Dwarf Star)
BEST RP Character
I think this should just go to ARRA! She got so many votes.
MOST COMICAL CITIZEN
1. Ensa Lucis
2. Ninj
3. Gandalf the White
4. Caranthir
MOST MEMORABLE CONTRIBUTION TO A DISCUSSION OR THREAD
1. Arra's Picture, 'In Memory of Arra' (Arra)
2. "You have a head like a mellon", 'By Request', (Caranthir)
3. Men have pointed ears, '?', (Nimruzir)
4. "Why don't you shut the **** up carangayt person", '?', (Six66)
BEST RUNNING JOKE
1. The Grammer Police (?)
2. Pillow Fighting (Butterbur)
3. Trick Voting Threads (The Laurenendorian)
4. LAAMA (The Gentleman)
THE FATHER/MOTHER OF MT
2. SnowDog
3. Earendilyon
4. Arra
5. Tour
6. Tinelwen
7. Lady of Lorien

Well?

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you friend! beer and wine this way coke and other soft drinks this way!
Right we have a nomination to sing for us all
from Ensa lucis who wants to here staying alive by the bee gees sung by our own high pitched friend who we all love to hate NINJ!

If you feel regected you wont be added to the list s dont pm me!

------------------
We all will die it's
just a question of when!
And how love and honour!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

posted      Profile for Tinelwen   Email Tinelwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Most knowledgeable citizen: NIMRUZIR!!!!

Best overall thread: LotR movie pics (Fingy)

Best RP: Sword Quest (Arra)

Most comical citizen: I'm going to change my vote from earlier and go with Caranthir this time.

Most Memorable...:Arra's picture

Best Running Joke: I'm torn!!! I want to vote for grammar police and pillow fighting, but I think I'll give in and go for GRAMMAR POLICE! (Now that I think back, I believe I started that... )

Father/Mother of MT: I have to go with Tuor and Lady of Lorien

From: neither here nor there | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Most knowledgeable citizen: Nimruzir (I'd vote for Cian but he's not nominated and I forget how to PM!)

Best overall thread: An Unhappy Homecoming (Tinelwen)

Best RP: Sword Quest (Arra) - ah for the days of the Aeropholt and the intentional mis-spellings of the Aardvark

Most comical citizen: Ninj (I'd also add most worrying!)

Most Memorable Contribution to A discussion or Thread :Arra's picture

Best Running Joke: Pillow Fighting

Father/Mother of MT: Surely it's gotta be Tuor and LoL

From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady of Lorien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 442
posted      Profile for Lady of Lorien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What can I say? Thanks for the votes.

But PLEASE don't call me LoL -- I hate to be the but of jokes I'd rather be LL

This message has been edited by Lady of Lorien on 09-12-2001 at

From: Oklahoma, U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
anything you say, LL

This message has been edited by Ninj on 09-12-2001 at

From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nimruzir
BEST OVERALL THREAD
Unhappy Homecoming
BEST RP THREAD
Sword Quest
BEST RP Character
Arra
MOST COMICAL CITIZEN
Gandalf the White
Arra's Picture
BEST RUNNING JOKE
Pillow Fighting
THE FATHER/MOTHER OF MT
Tuor and Lady of Lorien

------------------

25 Hobbits

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galdor of the Tree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 260
posted      Profile for Galdor of the Tree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You vote a RP thread for best overall thread yet you vote a different thread for best RP thread?
From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
yup. (note:Sword Quest WAS an RPT)

This message has been edited by Gandalf The White on 09-12-2001 at

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Err...I forgot to vote:

BEST OVERALL THREAD
1. LoTR Movie Pics (Fingolfin of the Noldor)
BEST RP THREAD
1. Peanut Butter Wars (Gandalf the White)
BEST RP Character
ARRA
MOST COMICAL CITIZEN
1. Ensa Lucis
1. Arra's Picture, 'In Memory of Arra' (Arra)
BEST RUNNING JOKE
2. Pillow Fighting (Butterbur)
THE FATHER/MOTHER OF MT

------------------
Don't Read This Because You Will Be Disapointed

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dont really understand the father/mother business
From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Citizen # 718

Sorry - the father and/or mother of MT. Just vote for one person - if you vote for two make sure it is one male and one female.
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MOST (TOLKIEN) KNOWLEDGABLE CITIZEN:
Nimruzir (definitely then cian I am really surprised(on both counts) that I was nominated and he wasn't )
BEST OVERALL THREAD:
Unhappy Homecoming
BEST RP THREAD:
Unhappy Homecoming
BEST RP Character:
Arra
MOST COMICAL CITIZEN:
Gandalf the White
Arra's Picture
BEST RUNNING JOKE:
grammer police (many a time I have disregarded grammer in the pursuit of speed but as of yeet can only remeber a few tickets[whhat happened? ])
THE FATHER/MOTHER OF MT:
Tuor and Lady of Lorien

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

posted      Profile for Tinelwen   Email Tinelwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You are under arrest. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to a lawyer.....and you better get a darn good one at that!
*cuffs Fingy*

From: neither here nor there | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go, Tin!
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

A woman in uniform, hey EAR!

------------------
We all will die it's
just a question of when!
And how love and honour!

This message has been edited by ZENITH on 09-15-2001 at

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Furthermore, TheGentleman is to come with us, for inaccuracies in the spelling of the word 'grammar'. He will be held together with Fingolfin of the Noldor and any others we see fit to imprison for their sins. ZENITH shall be placed under maximum security for an utterly incomprehensible last post. Tinelwen will have her pay docked for the omission of the word 'had' prior to the word 'better' in her last post.

That will be all.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

Ahem!
Laurenendorian will now be fined for the use of an extraneous comma.

Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Zenith, no comment.
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What have I done???

This message has been edited by Fingolfin of the Noldor on 09-14-2001 at

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I shall be forced to countersue if you persist in not putting the article into my name.

---

List of charges against Fingolfin of the Noldor for his contributions to this thread thus far:
- Ommission of the indefinate article from the name of Tinelwen's RP thread.
- Failure to capitalise the first letter of the second word of Gandalf The White's name.
- Repeated mis-spelling of 'grammar'.
- Two occasions of doubling of letters when none should occur: in 'yet' and 'what'.
- Incorrect syntax: "but as of yet..."
- Using multiple question marks.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

I was typing fast...honest

the but as of yet was just a mistake becasue I changed how I was going to word it...honest

Galdor of the Tree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 260
posted      Profile for Galdor of the Tree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
i'm lost whats all this arresting business

This message has been edited by mog the elf on 09-14-2001 at

From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warg
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 67

posted      Profile for Warg   Email Warg   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
you arent the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

I was using a colloquial style. There fore I am exempt from all charges!

------------------
We all will die it's
just a question of when!
And how love and honour!

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » The Minas Tirith Oscars - The Nominations (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help