Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » What's the stupidest thing you've ever done? (Page 1)
Author Topic: What's the stupidest thing you've ever done?
Tinelwen
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 261

posted      Profile for Tinelwen   Email Tinelwen   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't just mean something that showed a blatant lack of intelligence (but you can tell about those kinds of experiences if you want. ). What is the one thing that just makes you want to kick yourself for doing? It could be a poor decision or just making a fool of yourself...whatever.
(I just did a few incredibly stupid things tonight, and I want some assurance that I am not the only one who does these things... )

From: neither here nor there | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am in love the other night I perchased a dozen red rose for her I delivered them to the house in the middle of the night!
only to find out that I delivered them to the wrong house ! £50 down the drain!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
oh... how unlucky!

I've never really done anything stupid enough to be worth sharing.

yet.

From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elbereth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 481
posted      Profile for Elbereth   Author's Homepage   Email Elbereth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah fallen in love -- big mistake -- take my advice and never tell someone you're in love with them -- they'll only break your heart!
From: Guildford, Surrey, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

ELABREATH

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
SHE IS THE ONE!
LOVE AND HONOUR

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ensa Lucis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 596
posted      Profile for Ensa Lucis   Email Ensa Lucis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid things I have done - Part 1, by Ensa Lucis.

(The following events are in no particular order, but are all 100% true)
The day before my year 6 SATS, I purchased some badly fitting roller blades and fell over and broke my arm. They bolted the bone together with metal plates and screws. I had to do the first math exam in hospital and the rest with my arm embedded in a fibre glass cast on top of a pillow.
On our Duke of Edinburgh award hike last year, we happened to stop on a bridge. I put my bag down and realised that I had put it in a rather large and unavoidably smelly pile of dog excrement. On the same hike I managed to lose our pack of bagels which I had secured most rubbishly in my roll mat. This, incidentally was the hike where Mark beat Owen about the shins with a large stick.
While on a school Latin trip to Greece earlier this year, my friend hung my nice new 70 quid jacket on a lightbulb. When we got back to the room, we wondered what the strange smokey smell was. Then we saw the gaping melted hole in my coat.
The other day whilst at work, I said to a woman "Could you sign there please sir?"
About an hour ago, after leaving work, I walked into a purple bollard for no particular reason.
Several years ago, on a windy day, I was playing in the garden, the door slammed on my finger, all but severing the tip and causing me extreme pain. The bone was sort of stuck in place and they sewed the skin back on.
In 3 consecutive years at my last school I managed to concus myself whilst playing football; on someone else's head.
While cycling an incredibly hard piece of single track on my mountain bike a few months ago, I managed to flip the bike over my head and onto my back, in a rather unpleasant, spine crunching sort of position. Needless to say; it hurt.
At last year's school sports day, I was in to run the 800 metre race, when I was pulling a backflip over a 6 foot metal bar in the car park, when I fell down mid-roll and landed on my head. Then my ribs. I went to hospital but got away with a bruised rib or some such nonsense.
Last year in an English class, I contracted Munta's disease and I couldn't speak for ages. It was scary.
A couple of years ago, I was climbing in a tree and fell on my back and winded myself.
Climbing on the small overhang at the Vertex, I decided I couldn't hang on while I clipped in - so I fell instead and took a 6 foot fall on Owen's rope.

------------------
Ensa Lucis
Fraudulent Teabags?

This message has been edited by Ensa Lucis on 09-02-2001 at

From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evenspire
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 689
posted      Profile for Evenspire   Email Evenspire   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
During my time at the University, I couldn't seem to decide on a major. Journalism? Yes! Well, no. Geography? Yes!...no.Psychology? Yes!!..no. Geology? Anthropology? Environmental Planning? History? Too many choices! I should have just picked one. ANY one and went with it. Instead, I worked altogether too hard for too long for a Liberal Arts/Humanities degree that I couldn't use. I had a good time though.
From: U | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor KingRichard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 26

posted      Profile for KingRichard   Email KingRichard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you like hearing about well-told stupid things that someone's done, here are some links:

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #8

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #228

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #1746

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #4721

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #5733

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #6080

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #7690

Stupid Things Jason's Done, #9433

Stupid Things Jason's Done, The Medley

Enjoy,
KingRichard

From: U.S.A. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArchAngel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 651
posted      Profile for ArchAngel   Email ArchAngel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have this friend who's name I won't use, let's call him Mandin, and we did this long walk. It was about 17 miles in one day. That wasn't the stupid thing. Then we got to our destination, and played capture the flag for a few hours. Again, not the stupidest thing, but not to smart. The stupid thing was waking up the next morning.
From: The Valley of Paradise | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 336
posted      Profile for Estel   Email Estel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I jumped seven feet of a pine tree branch trying to be superman (I thought the snow would be soft. It was Ice ) I went off a 5 foot jump on a mountain bike, missed the seat and then ran into a log (a double whammer. As a human of the Male gender that really hurt) I walked into a womans bathroom. And last but more will indefantly come, ran into those stupid signs that people put in the middle of the walkway at the mall. I don't know if this counts but I was chasing my freind and runing from me he pushed open a dubble door. It was the kind with a bar down the middle. I laughed for ten minutes. It was great.
From: Pottstown PA USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HT
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 282
posted      Profile for HT   Email HT   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A number of years ago, I was in an improvisational theatre group. Break time came around, so we had fifteen minutes to go and grab snacks and generally blow off steam. A friend and I both bolted for the exit, and as we were rather hyper it quickly became a race. We were in a second story studio, and after much elbowing and jostling for position on the stairs, we sped toward the front door, which was made of plate-glass. Having arrived first, I tore through the door and, without, thinking, slammed it shut behind me. My friend reflexively put out his hands to stop this cuisinart on hinges, and SMASH!! He got away with sliced-up forearms instead of a cut throat. I guess he was lucky. I guess.

Let this be a lesson to you, always put one of those hydraulic thingies on your doors to slow them down, just in case they happen to be made of glass.

------------------
Vala he is, thou saist? Get thee gone, thou gore-crow of Mandos! Etc.

This message has been edited by HT on 09-03-2001 at

From: Cambridge, ON | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Elanor
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 807
posted      Profile for Lady Elanor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
O dear! This isn't exactly the first impression I wanted to make on everyone.

I was driving home in the wee hours of the morning once and witnessed a hit and run accident (two cars, not car/pedestrian). After seeing that the victim was okay, I took off in pursuit of the car that hit him. I really only wanted his license number. I chased him through a very bad area of town. Apparently I wasn't the only person looking for him that night, because I ran across two other men who were pursuing him - and they had guns. And they were shooting at him. (Honest!) I made a quick turn into the nearest open place I saw that would have a phone so I could call the police. It was an all-night convenience store. Within a few moments the two other pursuers headed for the same store. The clerk told me to get out of sight. I found myself in the back storage room of a convenience store, hiding beneath an old desk from two men with guns. It wasn't one of my better nights...

Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I ate a banana muffin then went outside, threw a toy sword up into the air on to have it get stuck up in the top of a tree, and, barefooted as I was, I climbed up to the very top of the tree, got my sword, then climbed down. Then I went and played with my dog, still barefooted, only to nearly slice off one of my big toes. My mom didn't have any vehicle - my sister was at ballet and my dad at work - so an ambulance came, and I went off to the hospital. I couldn't have the toe sewn on till about midnight, however, cause of that muffin I ate. The two stupidest things I've done, therefore, were to eat a banana muffin and to run around barefooted. I've havn't done either since.
From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elbereth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 481
posted      Profile for Elbereth   Author's Homepage   Email Elbereth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Zenith -- was that you trying to spell my name?!?!?
From: Guildford, Surrey, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sauron's Nagging Wife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 693

posted      Profile for Sauron's Nagging Wife   Author's Homepage   Email Sauron's Nagging Wife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I survived a very scary bout with cancer. That same year, on a trip to Thailand, I tried smoking opium. I still cringe and ask myself:

Girl!!
What were you thinking????

------------------
"Will you stop planning the downfall of the West and come and eat your dinner before it gets cold?" -- Legrace, the Lady of the Dark Tower

This message has been edited by Sauron's Nagging Wife on 09-03-2001 at

From: The Great Tower, Mordor | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Singing:

"Two world wars and one world cup, do dah, do dah."

Whilst in a crowded pub on my own in Munich.

------------------
Arra lives in us

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Germans have such a good sense of humour that I'm sure there was no problem...
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

JOINS THE GENTLEMAN
three lions on a shirt
jewels remain still gleaming
thrity years of hurt and we beat the germans!
sorry elbereth I cant spell!

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
SHE IS THE ONE!- Helen
LOVE AND HONOUR
ENGLAND

Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't it 35 years actualy?

------------------
Waste of a good apple
~Arra (1986-2001)

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was 30 years when the song was written, for Euro'96.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

true but it was also 32 for france 98

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
SHE IS THE ONE!- Helen
LOVE AND HONOUR
ENGLAND

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

true but it was also 32 for france 98

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
SHE IS THE ONE!- Helen
LOVE AND HONOUR
ENGLAND

The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

Which is why the words of the song were changed to 'No more years of hurt'.
HT
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 282
posted      Profile for HT   Email HT   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bollard?? What the hey is a bollard? Help me out here, Ensa.

------------------
Vala he is, thou saist? Get thee gone, thou gore-crow of Mandos! Etc.

From: Cambridge, ON | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aha, I see...
Yes now I remember- Germany beat England in Euro '96 semifinal.

------------------
Waste of a good apple
~Arra (1986-2001)

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » What's the stupidest thing you've ever done? (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help