Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Could Tom Bombadil have a normal conversation with say, Gandalf?
Author Topic: Could Tom Bombadil have a normal conversation with say, Gandalf?
Mind Undone
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 725
posted      Profile for Mind Undone   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did Tom ever come down to earth and talk normally? Or did he talk to Gandalf in as silly a manner.

"Gandalf! It's the Gandamater! Gandarama! Gandameister!"

From: Tigard OR USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 733
posted      Profile for West Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course he could try if he had reason.

I'm Tooo, uh er, I'm, uh, pleased to see you, G, G, Gandalf.

I think he sang and talked like that to hide a stutter.

From: Vancouver BV Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
a conversation between gollum and tom bombadil! that i would have to hear!
From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gollum: Nasty man, Nassssssty man
Tom: Hey Dol! Merry Dol! Come and be merry!
Gollum: Iss it... juicy? Yess my preciousss
Tom: Come and rest in the house of Tom Bombadillo!
Gollum: Where is my preciousss?
Tom: Did you say something about the fair lady Goldberry? Her hair is like the sun! She is my precious!
Gollum: Show me the preciousss, Let me touch the preciousss.
Tom: Hey Dol! Merry Dol! Don't touch my fair Goldberry!

This message has been edited by Gandalf The White on 08-15-2001 at

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Arra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 401

posted      Profile for Arra   Email Arra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
LoL
From: America | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I tried to have a conversation with Tom I would probaly end up slicing him in two or going insane....
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
West Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 733
posted      Profile for West Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tom is a compulsive rhymer. (Bipolar disorder can cause this too.)

Kind of a dancing, leaping, rhyming Santa Claus. Maybe Santa never did live at the north pole. No wonder he couldn't go with the hobbits, winter was coming.

From: Vancouver BV Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Strider
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 730
posted      Profile for Dr. Strider   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Rhymers' Annonymous. Rhym management.

Could he do a russina dance? I thing P.Jackson missed an opportunity to hire Michael Jackson.

From: Eugene OR USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
posted      Profile for Ninj   Email Ninj   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
tom bombadil and ned flanders

have some merry derry dinner-dol, ned

why thank-diddly-ank you tomberino

so now...serry, what have you been doing a dillo today then-a-dol meery dol

i've been to church

preying-dol to Eru?

Eru? no thank you siree, none of your skank-a dank fake-diddly-ake cultist nonesenserino for me, good old God

God eh? you into one of those new religions then? spung-a-dol up over night. Ring a ding a dillo! So tell me about this wacky 'God'

love to bombadeediddly-eedareed-o, pass me some more of that ham

goldbery could you... my fair river daughter! oh ring a ding a dillo! she's passed out-a-dol! what could've made that happen...a-dillo

sorry, what were you say-diddly-aying about armadillos?

well, armadilla-dilla-ring-a-dilla-ring-a-dol-a-dillos are small armoured mammals...

From: The magical elven realmadi-blah-di-blah | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL!!!
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nienna the Weeper
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 364

posted      Profile for Nienna the Weeper   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Gandalf drop by Tom's house? Kinda makes you wonder what they talked about. And where do you think Tom went after all the elves had left? Would he still have stayed in ME?

------------------
For we are but Atani and death is our Fate. Such is the gift of Iluvatar.

From: Why are you looking down here? | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

Tom probably stayed in Middle Earth, although after evil was gone he probably roamed to further lands.
Mind Undone
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 725
posted      Profile for Mind Undone   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He and his brood spread their language far and near, wide and...how did Goldberry stay immune?
From: Tigard OR USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gray Matter
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 755
posted      Profile for Gray Matter   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I were a speech therapist, I'd have Tom slow way, way, way down.

I'm........Tom
Tom.......Bombadillo
Merry-o,....Derry-o
Tom...... Tom......
Tom........Bombadillo

How else could he communicate with Fanghorn? Hoooom! Hom! I'm Fanghorn!
Hooom!.....Hom!

From: san diego CA USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 336
posted      Profile for Estel   Email Estel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Since we are all tom bombadil despisers. I want to know has any one read "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil"
From: Pottstown PA USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ninj
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 681
i dont despise him the guy's ace!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
tom bombadil and ned flanders
have some merry derry dinner-dol, ned

why thank-diddly-ank you tomberino

[] Lol! I missed this when it came around! From back in the day when there was no real order to the Green Dragon... []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He and his brood spread their language far and near, wide and...how did Goldberry stay immune?
I love it! []

*singing* Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, Wooden shoe!"
[]

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think Gandalf would correct Tom if he said that?

FOOL of an enigma! It goes like this:

Mares eat oats
And does eat oats
And little lambs eat ivy
A kid will eat ivy too, wouldn't you?

[ 01-13-2016, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Kiddleeatiue, Mare'leatoates"

"If I wish to be a French-fracturing high falutist, well, there's just no hope of turning me back. " [] []

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Could Tom Bombadil have a normal conversation with say, Gandalf?
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help