Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Ye Olde Swimming Hole (Page 21)
Author Topic: Ye Olde Swimming Hole
Marigold Took the Questor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1941

posted      Profile for Marigold Took the Questor   Author's Homepage   Email Marigold Took the Questor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elena nodded at her friend.
"Don't worry. I'm no drunkard." She took a sip of the wine, eyes widening at the taste.
"Good.."

[ 08-21-2002, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: The Lady Galadriel ]

From: Not Alabama! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Before Saruman had a chance to answer, Mandin suddenly leapt to his feet.
"What in the world are you doing?" he cried in a voice that could not decide if it were angry or scared (as you must know, fright often turns to anger, or a terrifying blend of the two). "Don't drink any more of that wine. It's special new fangled fire works wine that the dwarves and elves collaborated to make. They intend to sell it for gobs of money. If you drink it properly, it will be the best wine ever. If you light it properly, it will explode in the most glorious fireworks. But! If you drink it improperly, it will explode into fireworks inside your stomach, and that cannot be pretty. Come! come, let us put it all away, and find something else to feast on."

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

posted      Profile for Curumo the Black   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Saruman reached out a long skinny arm and pulled Mandin back down to the ground with a strength and force that surprised Mandin immensely. "Do not be troubled, my friend, as a great connoisseur of makings of the vine, I indeed already knew that the wine I brought was the El'Dwarven concoction of sixty-four and I took the proper precautions to eliminate any disastrous side effects. I assure you old chap they are drinking the proper stuff and it's the most glorious wine they've ever tasted." said Saruman handing Mandin some more tobacco as he saw his guest had run dry.
"So you added two honey to every ten?"
"Yes indeed," replied Saruman
"And a pinch of fairy dust to every barrel?"
"Ummm...I think so. You mean the powdery blue stuff that you scrap off the bottom of elvish boots and earrings?"
"Yes, yes," said Mandin mightily relieved. "Now tell Mr.Saruman why is it that you are in sudden need of a spade?"
"Ah yes," said Saruman turning a little pink again. He tapped his long white nose with a knowing look as he desperately tried to think up a reason. Then suddenly he screamed "Mucking Blood Spitters! What's that!!!" pointing to the left of Mandin. (Low warping base sound as everything goes into Bullet Time.) Quickly as Mandin was extremely slowly turning his head (BT) Saruman snatched off Mandin's hat and groping around inside for a quick second pulled out the afore mentioned spade reforged! Then he quickly hid it behind his back. (the roarkus noise of the party fades in as they return to common time.)

What a strange feeling thought Mandin looking at the again pink face of that old crusty wizard Saruman. Most unusual indeed.

[ 08-25-2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Saruman the Many Coloured ]

From: West Middle-Earth | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
lol. Saruman. We posted only four minutes apart. You must have missed my post. Please edit it to fit in with the latest event.

(Will delete)

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwen Undómiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1638

posted      Profile for Arwen Undómiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arwen walks in through the door to the pool area and, seeing Saurman and Mandin engaged in a seemingly pointless argument, rolls her eyes and dives gracefully into the pool.

[ 08-26-2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Arwen Undomiel ]

From: the Great White North | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1941

posted      Profile for Marigold Took the Questor   Author's Homepage   Email Marigold Took the Questor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elena jumped startledly when she heard the voice of Mandin, turning.
"Oh... Sorry!"

From: Not Alabama! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

posted      Profile for Curumo the Black   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Saruman looked back at Mandin. For the last five hours all the good wizard had been doing was stare out across the lake with blank expression on his face. Must be some type of strange epileptic fit thought Saruman to him self as he watched a beautiful elve dive into the lake. I wonder who she is he thought chewing on a piece of grass.
Gabrog spied his master sitting by the lake beside a motionless Mandin. Running quickly over trying not to make too much noise less he awoke Mandin he grabbed Saruman by the shoulder. "Master I have urgent news!" said the orc quivering with excitement. "In fact I have three pieces of urgent news!"
"Tell me quickly then," said Saruman spitting the piece of grass from his mouth and picking up his staff.
"Firstly, Azog is coming ten thousand strong. He is only a hour from this place and sends for your orders."
"Yes, yes very good, now what else?"
"My lord, the woodking that you did visit has sounded the call to arms. The whole forest is amassing. They mean to repay the kindness you have shown them with bloodshed."
"I had a feeling this might happen. Elves are such unreasonable fellows."
"And lastly my lord. I have seen east from here and small group of shiny elves. Which hurt my eyes to behold."
"Yes. I have felt their presences. I fear the kin slayer has returned."
Saruman stood up and grabbed Mandin's hat as he did so. "We will be needing this," he said to Gabrog. "Now we must revive our guests for there is a battle to be fought and I will need ever being I can lay hands on." Saruman came up to the banquet and began to rouse the sleeping elves. Dunking the grogging ones heads in a bucket of ice-cold water he had drawn from Mandin beaten old hat.

[ 08-26-2002, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Saruman the Many Coloured ]

From: West Middle-Earth | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mahanaxar put on a rediculously short red bathingsuit and climbed atop a lifeguard tower. He blew the whistle that was dangling around his neck at Saruman and said, "EXCUSE ME, SIR! PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ALL ROUGHHOUSING IN THE SWIMMING AREA! THANK YOU... SO MUCH!"

[ 08-26-2002, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Mahanaxar the Crimson ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Though stunned for a long time zenith stood up in the pool and prseeded to swim at an easy pace
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

posted      Profile for Lady Pherloteiel   Email Lady Pherloteiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
With all that was said between the orc and Saruman Pherloteiel was able to pick up bits and pieces. Enough of it she heard to whisper frantically but almost silently to Elena. "There is something going on with that wizard, come, we must gather our things and prepare for battle." She rose casually and walked with Elena around the pool. Caustiously they flitted from shadow to shadow and reached their baggage where they had left it on the other side. Pherloteiel fixed her sword and numorous knives back onto herself in their numorous places, ankle, leg, side, and neck. There were others of course, but those remained hidden. "I'd like to know who it is we're fighting here, and on whose side we're on." she paused for a moment and then spoke again, "I think I'll go out and do some scouting, and I want to talk to one of the armies coming here. Do you have a horse to ride? If not my horse, Lahna, will take us."

[ 08-27-2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Lady Pherloteiel ]

From: Eglarest | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Galadriel Daughter of Ear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Wow. Nice whistle there Mr. Lifegaurd." Galadriel said rather sarcastically. "My ears could have done without that!" She laughed though and patted the man on the back. Then she realized how ridiculous he looked in his swim attire. On second thought. I may steer clear of this one. He's a bit odd. She thought. The lady ran back to Little Alia to start up her daisy chains once more.
Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

Saruman sent Gabrog to bring Azog and company. The Long Party Of Special Magnificence came to an end as Saruman rallied the lake elves. Each elve carried two long bows, long white knives and cruel blades of mithiril. Saruman was pleased. With these elves behind him and the strength of Azog at his right hand the Lord Feanor and woodking's light-footed horde would find it hard going, bringing their retribution upon him. Just then Mandin looked across and grimaced. That old fool, thought Mandin, his blood and the blood of my friends and brothers shall run unstopped it he carries on in this manner. Galadriel walked over to Mandin. "I say are you acquainted with that freakish fellow over there in the red bathing costume?"
Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

posted      Profile for Lady Pherloteiel   Email Lady Pherloteiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
On a hilltop above the Swimming Hole Pherloteiel and Elena looked out at the armies that would be fighting each other shortly. Something strange was happening, for a lifeguard was wearing too small red swim trunks below them and a blue squarrl sat in front of their path smacking his lips and looking knowingly at Pherloteiel. She looked down suspiciously at the squarrl and then crazedly at the scary lifeguard, hmmm she thought. She turned to Elena and said, "Why don't we just sit back, drink and watch this one?"
From: Eglarest | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

Saruman woke up and started to think evil and dastardly things. He had been taking a nap during the battle preparation. As all good wizards do. But the clamour of Azog's horde had awakened him. The ragged and reeking troll-sized orc approached Saruman. Saruman got to his feet. "Ah yes it is time."
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1941

Elena laughs softly.
"Perhaps.. perhaps. Though at some point I won't be able to stand it. I'll have to jump in somewhere."

Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

"ah yes, that goes for the both of us" Pherloteiel replied back.
Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

The raging horde of orcs rallied around Saruman as the elves of the lake formed ranks under the command of the valiant Gofinor. Some fighting had broken out between the elves and the orcs so Saruman thought it would be best if they were separated. Putting the promising young (or old? Saruman could never tell) elve Gofinor in charge.
Saruman began to position his troop on the high ground to the right of the clearing. Having a main body of phalanx in the centre and archers behind them with their backs to the lake. To the left of the formation the Lake Elves came into position and to the right the warg mounted warriors of Azog. In the middle near the back of the main body of troops Saruman and his commanders stood on a small hill that lifted them high enough above the formation to have a clear view of the battle field.
As the elves and orcs were falling in the scouts came running from the forest bring news of the advancing enemy.
Saruman looked about. Ten thousand strong in orcs, two thousand of those astride wargs. And then about thirteen thousand lake elves to his left well versed in the art of war. Against six thousand wood elves hell bent on revenge and coming from the south a party of High elves of an unknown number. None of the scouts had returned from that direction. This disturbed Saruman greatly. A bit of a dark horse he mumbled under his breath. Looking up he saw the first of the wood kings probes peering out of the forest across the clearing. Strange trumpets began to sound in the forest...

[ 09-12-2002, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Saruman the Many Coloured ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

posted      Profile for Galadriel Daughter of Ear   Email Galadriel Daughter of Ear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Galadriel couldn't help but laugh quite robustly at Saruman. He was standing at the top of the high dive, yelling nonsense about wars and orcs and so forth, and waving his hands about madly. The others relaxing at the swimming hole had looks of entertainment and confusion on their faces. It seemed she wasn't the only one wondering who this lunatic was speaking of and to.

"Saruman...Honestly...come down from...there!" Galadriel yelled between spurts of laughter.

Lady Pherloteiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1791

Having already drunken a full glass of the wine Pherloteiel suddenly woke up from a strange dream. Her empty glass was still in her hand. She sat up dizzidly and laughed at the sight of Saruman. Getting up she stretched, yawned, and fishing about her numerous belongings found her brother's strobe light. Somehow in her drunkiness she found a plugin, and then turned off the overhead lights. This had caused a rucus, for indeed, she had also forgotten to turn on the strobe. The party was in sudden confusion.

[ 09-15-2002, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Lady Pherloteiel ]

Little Alia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 616
posted      Profile for Little Alia   Email Little Alia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the party was in great confusion. That is, all except Alia, who had just looked up from meditation in a yoga pose.

"That's pretty cool!" she said aloud, happy with trying new things. Realizing no one was listening, but laughing at Saruman on the high dive, she got up off the ground and brushed herself off. Chuckling at him, she set off to find her friend Mandin.

She saw him by the edge of the water looking rather distraught. "Mandin!" Alia cried worriedly, promptly sitting down beside him. "Mandin?" she shook his shoulder and he turned his face sadly to her. "Oh, you poor thing!! What happened? I was sort of out of it for the rest of the party last night." She pulled a rose from her hair and began picking the petals off slowly and ripping them while staring intently at Mandin, waiting for his reply.

From: VA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

Five hundred years passed. An earth quake came and rent the earth, and the water of Ye Olde Swimming Hole poured down a fathomless casm to the fires below, and went up with a hiss and a white steam. And for many days there was a grey cloud over that land, but the winds blew it hither and thither, and the water was rained upon different parts of the earth.
Dirt gathered over the riven valley, and then the seeds of grass and trees blew there in the wind, and the valley became beautiful and green. High up in the rock cliffs was a spring that fell in a cascading stream of crystal white. It landed upon a white sheet of rock, regathered into a stream, and then wound down the length of the valley. In the very center of the valley was a deep cleft where the water gatherd into a wide pool. From the other end of the pool the stream formed anew, and continued on to the end of the velly where yawned a black hole, and once more the water poured back into the cold deeps of the earth.

Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

But in those long years the good people of Mandinland neglected to destroy the "Tomb Of Saruman" which tittered on the tip a large cliff, year by year crumbling and cracking until one day, as chance wound have it, it decided to take the lovers leap and came tumbling and crashing down the side of the cliff straight in the village of North Oakenshield. Ploughing through the village streets it came to rest half-berried into the wall of Tom Smith's Smithy.
Tom the cranky old half-hobbit was not in. For he was on business in township of Lakenshire. But he had left his young son Timble in care of the family business. Upon finding his home invaded by a large crypt covered in ancient and terrible runes, Timble naturally felt curious. He got up from the work bench and walk across the room to the stone casket and reached out his hand to touch the strange enscriptions.

Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

From that seemingly harmless act of touching the mysterious runes, the lad would undoubtebly have opened the tomb. If that had happened, any number of destroying plagues could have ripped through the realm in a furry of death and destruction. But it just so happened that Lord Mandin and Lady Tinelwen, good friends who sometimes met together to speak about the well being of the peaceful valley realm, were walking by, and saw the youth about to open to tomb.
"Hold a moment," said Mandin politely to Tinelwen. Then he ran to the boy, and told him to stand back. "This tomb is filled with evil and decay," he said. "I will destroy it, and never again will you or your father or all the people have to fear what it can do."
Mandin lifed the tomb, and bearing it's great weight upon his shoulders he took it swiftly away to the dungeon of his castle. Then he took up his hugest battle-axe and with mighty blow after mighty blow he destroyed every vestment of power contained within the tomb, and he ground the stone of the tomb into powder. Then, as a needless of added measure, he locked the dungeon, and then he went back to converse with Lady Tinelwen.

Curumo the Black
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2265

Yet even that dust contained evil. Deep and evil magic seeped into the foundations of the great castl. And it seemed to those that inhabited the place, that an ill will set it self against all that they did. Misfortune seemed to follow every endeavour. And also, another evil thing came about by this event. Garash, a demented knave, who was imprisoned in the same dungeon for crimes against the Lady Tinewel, after coming into contact with the cursed powder became as though possessed by a thousand demons and the chains that bound could no longer do so. And after clawing his way through the rotting dungeon door escaped to the dark forest that sat above the keep of Mandin. Taking with him the family jewels, among which was the fabled D'Arken Stone which legend had that the possessor would be invincible. Except in a secret place that the possessor would chose.
As you can expect the all the knights of the land were called forth to eradicate the menace of the land. Yet none were strong enough to destroy him. Nor were there any crafty enough to outwit, nor could any snatch the jewel that gave him invincibility for he kept it clenched in his jaws. And the people surrounding the castle of Lord Mandin were in great distress.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1690

Fearing the evil that was undoubtedly abroad in the land, the Lady Galadriel (better known as Gladdy by her friends in the area), came rushing up to where Lord Mandin and Lady Tinelwen were discussing matters of the lovely spring. "My dear friends," She cried, "What will we do now? It seems that no matter how hard we try, our place of relaxation and peace is overtaken my the dastardly rudeness of the forces of evil!"

[ 02-26-2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Galadriel Daughter of Earwen ]

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Green Dragon » Ye Olde Swimming Hole (Page 21)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help