Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Trump Regime (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Trump Regime
Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know a handful of people who have said they did, and see more friends of friends on Facebook who have...but none of my immediate friends or coworkers have fessed up.

If you're insinuating I voted for Trump and lie about it, you're delusional. I was quite vocal in person and online about my feelings on the matter. []

From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lol. I wasn't 'insinuating' anything about anyone, just making a general observation. I do wonder when people seem to get sore about things thinking it may have something to do with them though. []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder away, amigo. Seemed like a reasonable response, given your post immediately following mine.

In related news, my wife and I have learned that we don't discuss politics with parents unless we're prepared to get into epic arguments. Both sets came to visit in March, both sets voted for The Donald, and both sets are pretty zealous in their support.

From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lol. Good to see you around her Ridder.

And so how many days will it be before the war starts ....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

....aaaand yesterday this nut made some remarks at the UN about destroying a country... I'm sure all you moronic trumpshirt voters are all right with this....
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Look Snowdawg, we all know that the key to defeating Sauron, errr, Kim, is to get on board with the one true ruler who is gonna look out for us, Sarum, I mean Trump!
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OMG this thread. Gotta love the idea that Trump won't run the government for his own benefit unlike those politicians. []

Also, while it may be true that not all Trump voters are racist, every single one of them decided that Trump's obvious racism wasn't a deal-breaker.

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] This administration is basically a robber baron emptying the treasury into his and his frieds pockets. ...and the trumpshirts can only say..."But Hillary... But Bill..."

And no, the racism and the sexual harassment accusations and all weren't deal breakers to stupid people who voted for trump. I still hopd that it implies they accept such, therefore they are.

And the Frontline show on the Russian election manipulations was eye opening.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

.... so... where are all you trumpshirts a year on? []
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, all the 'fine people' of the Far Right are ok. They're just good 'ol boys, eh? I know a few people who support them. One of them probably used to post here. You know, the ones who'd tie everything up in logical fallacies, sophists giving vent to their sophistry, you know, the American Taliban. Glad I don't live there.

MAGA.

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any opinions on 'Fire and Fury'? I'm going to buy it tomorrow.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Make sure you don't get the book about World War II accidentally. []

[ 01-14-2018, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Bout half way through . . . whatever else, I reckon the book is going to be a comedy classic. If your jaw isn't hitting the floor, then your laughing your head off.

If even half of it is true - hey, if even a tenth of it is true - we're all in deep doodah.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

... I still say all you trumpshirts are basically racist braindead pro Russian, anti-American Nazi sympathizers....
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The guy Trump picked to head the CFPB, the agency that's supposed to prevent banks from ripping off consumers:
quote:
We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress,” Mulvaney said at an American Bankers Association conference, where 1,300 bankers and lending-industry officials had gathered to hear him speak. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.
I have no idea what world Trump supporters live in. Must be interesting, or a bit trippy maybe?.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I've noticed the trumpshirts have gone to ground, here and elsewhere.
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Did you intentionally link directly to my post, Wandering Tuor, or were you trying to link to the beginning of this thread? If the latter, please disregard the rest of this post.  If the former, you now claim I’m a Trump supporter based on something I wrote 14 months ago and indicate I’m not sound of mind?

Are you also going to link to all of the bad things I wrote about Trump over a year ago? How I thought, and still think, he’s an a-hole?  My statement about our choice in the 2016 election was to vote for the a-hole or the a-hole? How some thought Trump was the lesser of two weasels? You can find those in the Obama Presidency thread.

Trump “supporter”? Try President of the United States supporter. Just like I was with President Obama and would have been had Hilary won the election. I don’t like Trump now and have disliked him for decades but he deserves the respect of being the lawfully elected President.

No “supporters” are coming here? Why bother? Rational discussion about the current administration is nearly impossible. Views are so polarized that both sides refuse to see anything of value on the other side. Those of open mind who try to see good and bad on both sides are castigated, threatened, and deluged with ad hominem attacks by both sides. So many people are living in their bubbles and embracing echo chambers and those in the middle stay away from both.

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
lol. []
Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] Ah... trump voters ... []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Aiwrendel – Yes I did deliberately link to your [] post stating that you preferred Trump because you are "sick of career politicians running this country into the ground for their own benefit". Trump and a dozen members of his administration have been looting the country like bandits from the moment they took office, so great fûcking point there.

But I guess your objection is that you aren't, and maybe weren't, a Trump supporter, but only one of those people who looked at a dedicated public servant whom Fox News had been lying about for 25 years, and a vicious, half-mad, racist assaulter of women and declared, "a pox on both their houses".

Well OK, Mr. Open-minded hater of partisans. Your idiotic both-sidesism is duly. fûcking. noted.

[ 05-09-2018, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Wandering Tuor said: "Aiwrendel – Yes I did deliberately link to your [] post stating that you preferred Trump because you are "sick of career politicians running this country into the ground for their own benefit". Trump and a dozen members of his administration have been looting the country like bandits from the moment they took office, so great fûcking point there.

But I guess your objection is that you aren't, and maybe weren't, a Trump supporter, but only one of those people who looked at a dedicated public servant whom Fox News had been lying about for 25 years, and a vicious, half-mad, racist assaulter of women and declared, "a pox on both their houses".

Well OK, Mr. Open-minded hater of partisans. Your idiotic both-sidesism is duly. fûcking. noted."

It may be a first, but I agree with every word WT says here. I'll just add that a trump voter for whatever reason is by default, a trump supporter because they supported him and got him in. Yes, you dolts are responsible.
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In their infinite wisdom, the United States’ founders created the Electoral College to ensure ALL
the STATES were fairly represented. Why should one or two densely populated areas speak for the whole of the nation?

The following list of statistics has been making the rounds on the Internet. It should finally put
an end to the argument as to why the Electoral College makes sense.

There are 3,141 counties in the United States.
Trump won 3,084 of them.
Clinton won 57.

There are 62 counties in New York State.
Trump won 46 of them.
Clinton won 16.

Clinton won the popular vote by approx. 1.5 million votes.
In the 5 counties that encompass NYC, (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond & Queens)
Clinton received well over 2 million more votes than Trump. (Clinton won 4 of these counties; Trump won only Richmond).

Therefore these 5 counties alone, more than account for Clinton's "winning the popular vote" of the
entire country.

These 5 counties comprise 319 square miles.
The United States is comprised of 3,797,000 square miles.

When you have a country that encompasses almost 4 million square miles of territory, it would be
ludicrous to even suggest the vote of those who inhabit a mere 319 square miles ought to dictate the outcome of a national election.

Large, densely populated Democrat cities (NYC, Chicago, LA, etc.) DO NOT and SHOULD NOT speak for
the rest of our country! But that 319 square miles are where the majority of our nation’s problems foment (projects, failed families, failed politics, and failed lives within failed bureaucracies).

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Right because as we know the Preamble to the Constitution states that "We the people, cows, tumbleweeds and telephone poles of the United States" formed the union. []

And Clinton won the popular vote by more than 2.8 million votes, not 1.5 million. Nice try.

[ 05-16-2018, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And, we have a winner. Congratulations!
Just checking to see who would be first to pull their pants down.

And, the whole site is now a riddle.
First to guess properly wins a . . . well, we shall see.

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Wrong again, Snowdog beat me to it.
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Trump Regime (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help