Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Page 1)
Author Topic: The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully this will keep people from shiddng all over the Obama Presidency thread.

Through the expensive, years long process that is the selection process for candidates for the Democrat and Republican parties to contend for the job of the President of the United States, the main choices are rather bottom of the barrel....

Hillary Clinton and Don Trump.

Now I can only assume anyone who supports trump for President must support the majority his views, otherwise I don't understand why they would support him. I did say:

quote:
There is still plenty of time... 3 months.... for may things to happen. He could "re-re-reinvent himself with help of some strategic handlers, and manage to sell himself once again to the white racist moron voting class while Hillary Bill manages to yawn the voters into not giving a crap an not vote.

Basically, the only argument given to me from friends who intend to vote Trump is that he isn't Hillary, Bill, or Obama. They can't give any positives.

This is when the [] [] took exception, and so I assumed that it must have hit a nerve. Why would it hit a nerve? I can only assume that it would only hit a nerve of anyone who may consider themselves as part of the white racist moron voting class.

to which I will add

quote:
It usually doesn't enter the small minds of deplorable white racist morons that they are indeed such.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who will be joining the white racist moron voting class in voting for trump who are not of the white racist moron voting class, but have reasons of their own to do so. They must be some darn good reasons to willingly associate with such folk as David Duke and Rocky Suhayda and their organizations. Not sure where [] [] got where I said that everyone who supports trump is a white racist moron. It seems to only appear in their paraphrases of paraphrases and their own words. Again. I say, nobody can come up with anything positive. I would still like to hear any. Anyone?

Now, Hillary is a corporate shill, and is really not a great person. I can't come up with many positives other than I don't think she will steer the ship into the shoals. There seems to be some making a lot out of the whole email deal, and the conspiracy theorists are alive and well with this. But she likely has a wrap on the majority of the women and most non-white voters.

So, On November 8, we will take a headcount and deal with the outcome.

[ 10-28-2016, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is an interesting site where they project the Electoral College based on their analysis and polls.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding those voting for the Donald who dislike most of what he stands for, but not enough to withdraw their support, I understand it's to do with being "single issue" voters (abortion). They defend their stance by comparing it to a value such as freedom of speech.
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I think it's much more to do with the really bad teaching arising out of the mainline churches and the whole, "male headship/Barak as cowardly Judge hiding in Deborah's skirts/Prima fascia nonsense that the Greek-influenced misogynists have been teaching since the worm was cursed. [] The climate in the evangelical realm reminds me of the Israelites telling God that it is entirely too much trouble to be individually accountable to God, themselves and one another, and would He please just give them a king ? Most of us have read about how that one turned out. []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Let's see.....
quote:
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof[/b]; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
How can anyone accept the 2nd part without accepting the first? But then the gun nuts seem to not read the first part of the 2nd Amendment either.

Only a few days to go...

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Aaaannnndddd.... here we go! Time for the headcount! []

U.S. Election Tracker

Edit: Thank you 58 million + voters in the USA for Fvckface Von Clownstick for president. []

[ 11-09-2016, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Edit: Thank you 58 million + voters in the USA for Fvckface Von Clownstick for president.
I’m sure you meant – Thank you 58 million + deplorable white racist moron voters…

Look on the bright side. You’ll have X number of years to exercise your whine machine. []

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] If that's how you read it [] []
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yep! They’re your words. Any other way to read ‘em??
Love your cutsie little emoticons. Very intelligent…
quote:
Snowdog: He could "re-re-reinvent himself with help of some strategic handlers, and manage to sell himself once again to the white racist moron voting class…

It usually doesn't enter the small minds of deplorable white racist morons that they are indeed such.

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] [] [] That has REALLY got you in the craw doesn't it? Since it has so gotten under your skin, it tells me that you must consider yourself as part of the white racist moron voting class and has entered your mind.

Also my words... "If the shoe fits..."

Well, you got your guy, and you got a supposedly friendly Congress. Let's see how that works out for you. []

The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
You need to learn that your words have a meaning. Your use of “white racist morons” is the only contention here. To call half the voters such shows an irrational offensive and adolescent world view. And it matters not which party you are disparaging.

Perhaps one day you may mature enough to find a way to express your opinions without such unnecessary vehemence.
Perhaps one day you may learn the meaning of “tact”.

But then again some people just never do. One reason that Clinton lost was her calling half the Trump voters “deplorable” (Ooops! Bad “tactless” error).

Now, you can continue to toss personal, foul and inaccurate remarks my way leaving me to quote CJRT: “There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away."

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
Tell us how you really feel, Snowdog.

Yes, it's been a truly gruesome election cycle this time. We had the choice of electing the a**h*** or the a**h***. I imagined the rest of the world was scratching their collective head thinking, "Really? Those two are the best you could come up with?"

But I must say it was more entertaining than any other election I've seen. There was so much mud slinging the whole country is neck deep in it.

[ 11-11-2016, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Still going on about it? * offers [] [] a cup of concrete* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

quote:
[]
Tell us how you really feel, Snowdog.

[] []

quote:
Yes, it's been a truly gruesome election cycle this time. We had the choice of electing the a**h*** or the a**h***. I imagined the rest of the world was scratching their collective head thinking, "Really? Those two are the best you could come up with?"
Yes they are, that is for sure. I am a bit over being asked, and trying to explain this whole ****-storm and the fallout. This thread helps, as I now show them a fine example of the kind of thinking behind how it happened.
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
[]
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Snowdog, I read your comments in this thread but am not sure of your specific concerns about Trump. In general, we all agree he’s a scum bag (as is Clinton) but will you tell us about any distinct apprehensions you have?
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Specific concerns about Trump.... I think he is unstable. He has proven this with his twitter account. His stated opinions (and in some cases, actions) on immigration, women, minorities, muslims, disabled people, veterans, ... have been made quite clear. Add to that his tendency to get bored, coupled with having Mr Pence as his VP who is already acting in some aspects as de-facto president, coupled with an all-Republican congress, makes the election of this man very dangerous in my opinion.

But the system is what it is, and the aforementioned mindset had their way. I will hope for the best, but expect the worst.

The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
[]
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

Can you give me examples of his instability or why he’s dangerous? He has never been in a fist fight, drank alcohol, smoked tobacco, or taken drugs. He has never started a fight in his life though he knows how to finish one. All of his Tweets were in response to attacks. That might make him strong and cause his enemies to reflect on their actions.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Can you give me examples of his instability or why he’s dangerous?
You're kidding, right? No, you aren't.
quote:
He has never been in a fist fight, drank alcohol, smoked tobacco, or taken drugs. He has never started a fight in his life though he knows how to finish one. All of his Tweets were in response to attacks. That might make him strong and cause his enemies to reflect on their actions.
Ok, if you say so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Good luck with that.

Edit: Now that I have a bit of time, I can say a bit more on your post . Individually, he isn't dangerous, but in the position that he has been put into, he is a danger to the country by putting people into positions of power. First there is VP Pence. His views are well known to anyone who can bother to look into them. second, take Stephen K. Bannon for example, chief strategist. Mr Breitbart News is the sort who the aforementioned white racist moron voting class lov, because it isn;t hard to figure out what 'strategy' he is working for. And there is talk of appointing Dr Carson as education secretary. That pretty much changes the name of the cabinet post to 'christian theology secretary'. Anyway, I'm sure mr trump is a very nice man as you point out, but the danger is in what his presidency will do to the USA, not whether he as an individual is a raving lunatic.

Like I said, you got your guy, and you got Republican majority in both houses of congress. We'll see how that works out for you. When it all goes to sh\t as it did in 2008 and 1932, progressives will come and fix things once again. []

[ 11-15-2016, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

When I saw that Clinton and Trump were to be the candidates I did thorough research on both of them. That is part of what I learned about Trump. I also learned Clinton drinks a lot, drinks during the day, and has been found drunk during business hours. She also is subject to seizures and seems to be heavily medicated (supposidly according to doctors who have observed her behavior.) She seems to be in very poor health, again supposidly. She throws tantrums and has been recorded making racial slures. Of the two of them Trump seems the more stable.

Please remember I don't like either of them and am not excusing Trump's big mouth and abrasive statements.

The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
[]
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Please remember I don't like either of them and am not excusing Trump's big mouth and abrasive statements.
Sorry, I missed this when I used the link I saved and I edited my previous post. I had a short break at work and didn't have time to write up a proper post. So what I get from what you are saying is any general policy or ideology doesn't matter to you, just the perception of the individual. Well, ok then. You got what you got.

Election Results:
Clinton: 232 Electoral Votes. 61,324,576 Votes (47.9%)
trump: 290 Elecoral Votes. 60,526,852 Votes (47.2%)
Stein: 1,255,968 Votes
Johnson: 4,164,589 Votes

Senate: R-52 D-46 I-2
House: R-246 D-194

The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
[]
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Springtime for Donald, in Washington.

Make Fascism Great Again.

"I love uneducated people."

Il Douché.

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

You might want to check the definition of fascism and rethink your statement.

Here's one of today's headlines:
Trump Considering Openly Gay Man to Cabinet Post

And he is considering Ronan Romney McDaniel to be chair of the Republican National Committee.

Would a fascist even think such things let alone express them in public?

We're all subject to perceptions. What's important is how diligent one is in reshaping them.

Edit:
I took my own advice and looked up the meaning of fascism. It turns out it has no agreed upon meaning in English. We get to pick our own meaning out of 10 or more definitions which makes the word, well meaningless. So I guess we were both right when we used the word.

[ 11-15-2016, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » The 2016 U.S. Presidential Election (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help