Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Roll of Honor Deraj the Plaid
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1351

posted      Profile for Deraj the Plaid   Email Deraj the Plaid   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings, All!

*THIS ORIGINAL POST CONTAINS NO SPOILERS*

Anyone else extremely excited about the new Star Wars film? I haven't been this excited about a movie release since LOTR:ROTK in 2003! (I was, unfortunately, correct in assuming that The Hobbit films would underwhelm.) My hopes for "The Force Awakens" have been sky-high ever since learning that Lucas would have no direct hand in them. And judging from critics' response to the movie it looks like it will be a very very fun experience.

So, I've avoided actually reading any reviews (save for two that were explicitly headed "Spoiler-Free") and hope to avoid seeing/hearing any spoilers until after I see the movie Saturday afternooon. I'll come back here and let you all know what I think.

In the mean-time, feel free to discuss the movie here. If you are discussing plot/character details - anything other than what was included in pre-release TV spots and trailers - please put something like *SPOILER ALERT* as a header for your reply.......

[ 12-17-2015, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Deraj the Plaid ]

From: Del-Mar-Va | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Deraj! Greetings!

No spoilers here. I was extremely excited about TFA, until I saw it. []

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh it was definitely fun.

I did feel like it hadn't decided whether it wanted to explore new territory or be an homage to the older films. I would have liked it to be more skewed toward the latter ... it felt a little derivative in parts.

But much fun was had! I got a little teary when the old text scroll came on screen. []

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this a 2nd time on Blu-Ray and thought it better the 2nd time around.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help