Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Sorry, there are no new posts today! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Sorry, there are no new posts today!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that many? posther girl

[ 05-07-2013, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[to tune of Barbie Girl] #I'm a poster girl, In a posting world...#
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why does these forums only have a smattering of posts, but the one ring has hundreds every day?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why does these forums only have a smattering of posts, but the one ring has hundreds every day?
Because people are posting more on the One Ring than they are here.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We're the elite, obviously. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course we are the elite []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

[]
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because people are posting more on the One Ring than they are here.
[] []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't say which One Ring, though did I! Even if having more than one One Ring could be said to be a bit illogical!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Heh heh heh... []

Well, not surprisingly there are two One Rings... []
.net & .com , & both have more activity.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

TORn and TORc saves confusion. []
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any idea how many active members One Ring has?

We never saw the rise in newbs and/or posts when TH movie came out. []

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Were the newbs reluctant to join MT because of our large number of purist and the many rages (of which I’m guilty of more than a few)? Or is there a similar number at the TORs? Or is it marketing: Did many think TOR is a cooler name? I personally think that name is trite for a Tolkien site.

How was that for wild, unfounded speculation? []

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Eurovision Semifinals. []
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Frodo Gollum-ized
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
ere the newbs reluctant to join MT because of our large number of purist and the many rages (of which I’m guilty of more than a few)? Or is there a similar number at the TORs? Or is it marketing: Did many think TOR is a cooler name?
Well, being there is a One Ring in The Hobbit, while the great city of Minas Trith is not even mentioned, I would say it may have a part of it. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

That and the purists are scary. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Minas Tirith is a better name.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Of course it is. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Not that I would really wish to disparage the One Ring, I post their regular myself. True some think the movies are the benchmark but there are some good posters. I'm even in Rohan!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

quote:
True some think the movies are the benchmark but there are some good posters.
Firstly, as a Sept '06 joiner I think you'd probably be thought of as a major movie-newb if this City was as busy as it used to be. [] Second, I don't like the implication that those of us who like the films are "bad posters". []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I think there is a difference between liking the films and thinking the movies are the benchmark. That said, you're a good poster girl Iauraearien. [] []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Agreed, but as I recall it was a difference rarely acknowledged by the oldbies of MT. [] We aim to please, Snowdog. []

E: Typo.

[ 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

quote:
you're a good poster girl Iauraearien
Double entendre? Intentional or not? []

I like your posts, and your debating skills, Queeny. []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

Intentional, I hope. []

Same to you, Aiwrendel. Always nice to have a good debate. []

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Sorry, there are no new posts today! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help