profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Missing Harry Potter
Author Topic: Missing Harry Potter
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now that it is over a couple of years since the last Harry Potter story, is anyone missing him? I must admit that I do kind of yearn for another Harry Potter book. Oh, well, one supposes that it had to end sometime. I wonder who is winning the house Quiddicth competition at the moment!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm taking a Harry Potter Literature class in university right now. Just finishing the second book, can't wait to re-read the good two [] Not looking forward to going through the sixth one again, though []

No, I'm not wishing there were more books. Rowling ran out of steam in the middle of the fifth one, if you ask me.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rowling ran out of steam in the middle of the fifth one, if you ask me.
Yeah, there she started killing off all the cool characters [] What a sadist.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Ney, I love the books sooooo much but I'm glad they ended when they did. They ended well, we got closure and now I imagine that Harry is somewhere out there living a good life with Ginny, and now his kids are getting into trouble in Hogwarts and carrying on the Weasley legacy. []

Gods I would loooove to take a Harry Potter class, but ... no time now. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nuh uh, the epilogue was just a nightmare brought on by bad cabbage. Harry is married to Hermione somewhere []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The epilogue feels a bit lame. Especially considering she only did it to keep fanfic at bay.
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

That's a bingo.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mind, I did have that figured out long before the final book! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ney, you're insane. Harry and Herm? Eww!!! [] I know you've always liked that pairing, but... ewww! []

Nah Harry and Ginny were always meant to be, and Herm and Ronnykins.

You guys are weirdos, I liked the epilogue just fine. []
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
Well, I rooted all the way for Harry and Cho, for that matter.
[or how about Harry and... nevermind]

I found that after book three, there were more and more moments of suck. Of course the style improved, but something was lost along the road. And the epilogue had an awkward feel to it. Kinda forced.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Harry and Ginny? Eww!!! [] Hermione and Ron? Eww!!! [] I don't know which makes me sicker. ( [] )

Harry/Anyone but Ginny. Hermione/Anyone but Ron. They are TERRIBLE for each other.

quote:
I found that after book three, there were more and more moments of suck.
Yeah...They become less formulaic and children-bookish, but also much less inspired and natural.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

This however

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26397184

does amuse me. And if I finally get fed up with football which is looking increasingly likely, I might go for this sport!

Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Harry and Ginny? Eww!!! [] Hermione and Ron? Eww!!! []
I believe she admitted recently that it should really have been Harry/Hermione. I'll see if I can find the article.

Here it is.

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Epilogue? What epilogue? My copy didn't have one. []
From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Missing Harry Potter
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help