Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  106  107  108  109  110 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Obama Presidency (Page 109)
Author Topic: The Obama Presidency
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
President Obama takes over The Colbert Report

[] Good on ya Mr President! []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a very scary thought. Donald Trump as President. With Sarah Palin as Secretary of State!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Or Sarah Palin as Vice President?
From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
MAKE JIBBERISH GREAT AGAIN
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of gibbersih, I wonder if old Grim still has this thread on his alets? Or maybe he is busy running for President himself!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You think Grim is actually Ted Cruz?

Anyway, his favourite news magazine (NRO) really hates Donald Trump.

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone considered that Trump's candidacy is really a big ruse to run interference to ultimately make Cruz look not as bad as he really is?
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If anything, it's a ruse to make Clinton not look as bad as she actually is.
Unlike Cruz, she and Bill have a history with Trump. Also, Cruz is massively unpopular with the Republican establishment, and they're just now starting to regard him as the lesser evil. Or maybe not - apparently they're still hoping for Kasich or Rubio to have a chance (else they would've dropped out and endorsed Cruz). Poor souls.

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Not quite America, but here in the UK the Tories seem to have unexpectedly and dramatically slipped into total chaos! I wonder what Cameron's reaction was when he heard of IDS'S resignation!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

.... and getting back to the Obama Presidency, good on ya Mr President for ending the whole Cold War relic Cuba policy! Now, clean out Guantanamo and give it back, and all will be well! []
Cernunnos
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 652

posted      Profile for Cernunnos   Email Cernunnos   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Re Guantánamo, I never understood why Obama, having promised to shut the place, did not simply GO THERE in the first week of office and close it down himself. Is he Commander-in-Chief or isn't he?
Faced with a fait accompli, I doubt even a Republican-dominated Congress would have RE-opened it.

[ 03-21-2016, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Cernunnos ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Whereas the light perceives the very heart of the darkness, its own secret has not been discovered.

From: Perth, Scotland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I read a few old pages of this thread just for the heck of it. Pretty funny stuff, and it helps you better understand how an ignorant racist piece of **** is leading the Republican primary race.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Does anyone here know the name of this celebrity who has taken out an injunction in this country to stop anyone mentioning his name for having an extra-martial affair but he is known in the US and elsewhere? I can't find anything myself on the net, and I probably don't care, but it would be nice to know. At least before the injunction gets lifted as it obviously will be.

[ 04-19-2016, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[] [] [] Hamfast?

I think you got the Obama mixed up with someone else....

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Obama's Treasury Department announced that abolitionist, Underground Railroad pioneer, suffragette and all around bad ass Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the front of the $20 bill.
 -
(That's not the real design but it should be.)

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Interesting watching the Trump campaign crash and burn. Looks like Grim wont be President after all!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Interesting watching the Trump campaign crash and burn. Looks like Grim wont be President after all!
There is still plenty of time... 3 months.... for may things to happen. He could "re-re-reinvent himself with help of some strategic handlers, and manage to sell himself once again to the white racist moron voting class while Hillary Bill manages to yawn the voters into not giving a crap an not vote.

Basically, the only argument given to me from friends who intend to vote Trump is that he isn't Hillary, Bill, or Obama. They can't give any positives.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I wonder how the previous posters would have voted in this one? Would our conservative friends like Ney be endorsing Trump? Which way did swordy back in the EU referendum? I don't suppose that I need to ask who Grim backs!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I wonder who Swordy will vote for... Clinton or trump.
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops!

I’m “deplorable” as the Wicked Witch of Washington has said, or as Snowdog says a “white racist moron”! Yet I don’t consider myself to be deplorable, nor a racist or a moron.

You do realize you are disparaging approximately half the population of the U.S. with your outlandish comments? There are two sides to every coin. Why is it I can see your side yet you cannot see other’s?

“Basically, the only argument given to me from friends who intend to vote Trump is that he isn't Hillary, Bill, or Obama. They can't give any positives.”

So you have friends that are racist morons. Very magnanimous. (Hmm - Do they consider you a friend?)

And a single “positive” for you – he isn’t a politician… Cheers

From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And a single “positive” for you – he isn’t a politician… Cheers
[] Ahem, Flamm, did you mean to say he hasn't yet practiced politics in a governmental position? Just wondering . . . []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
posted      Profile for The Flammifer   Email The Flammifer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. That's a given given the conversation...
From: East Bight | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
The Flammifer said: "I’m “deplorable” as the Wicked Witch of Washington has said, or as Snowdog says a “white racist moron”! Yet I don’t consider myself to be deplorable, nor a racist or a moron."
It usually doesn't enter the small minds of deplorable white racist morons that they are indeed such.
The Flammifer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11407
quote:
Snowdog: It usually doesn't enter the small minds of deplorable white racist morons that they are indeed such.
And now I trust the good people of this forum will understand where TRULY the “small mind” lies. . . as Snowdog ‘outs’ himself.

Shame on you!

[ 10-13-2016, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: The Flammifer ]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
And now I trust the good people of this forum will understand where TRULY the “small mind” lies. . . as Flammifer ‘outs’ himself.

Lol... []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Obama Presidency (Page 109)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  106  107  108  109  110 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help