Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  18  19  20 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 3)
Author Topic: Dreams...
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Or maybe we only think we're dreaming in color and it's some sort of cognitive issue?
[] But... our dreams are generated by our brains! Therefore, surely, if we think we're dreaming in colour then we are?

I used to dream in sepia- or blue-washed tones. I think it was because I had some seventies children's books that were printed in those colours that were extremely scary.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a sepia dream, too. It was a western-themed dream (cue Bonanza or Magnificent Seven music), so it seemed to fit in well with the genre.

edit: regarding dreaming in color or not, google "dream in black and white" and you'll get 48 million hits.

[ 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But... our dreams are generated by our brains! Therefore, surely, if we think we're dreaming in colour then we are?
Ha! That's just what they'd like you to think!
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
*feels paranoia crawling through her brain*
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I always dream in !technicolor! []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if I dream in black and white or colour, but one thing I am sure is that I never feel actual physical pain in dreams. But I do often get rather emotional in them. Often over things which when I wake up and think about it and think, 'what was the point in getting upset about that?' but quite often I do wake up shaking and it takes me about five minutes to calm down!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I get that too. I sometimes have to remind myself it was a dream, well after I wake up, because I think it really happened (for the more realistic dreams, mind you).
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't dream and haven't for around 15 years; I make up for it by having a very vivid imagination in my conscious hours! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
I make up for it by having a very vivid imagination
[] [] []
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not sure if I dream in black and white or colour, but one thing I am sure is that I never feel actual physical pain in dreams.
That's interesting. I am sure I dream in color but not sure if I feel pain. I am aware of when something should be painful, I guess. And often, physical discomfort in real life links up with me in dreamstate. There was a time I dreamed that dragonflies were shouting at me and stinging my arms, except it was more like electrocution. I woke up to find that both my arms had fallen asleep completely because I had them folded up on my chest. []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, last night's dream : I was watching Weeds, and Andy was like in the Army or something and was the direct superior of Peter, the DEA agent. Not sure what it means. Probably that I'm watching series too much.
I remember waking up during the night, thinking "Oh I have to remember the dream for this thread !!". I still managed to forget what was happening []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Does it seem for anyone else that when they dream, it's often like gender is irrelevant (like reality in general, I suppose)? That partly has to do with the fact that I often dream I'm in a different person's perspective anyway, but I just thought I'd ask.

I love my flying dreams. Usually I'm in a bird's body and there's a bunch of orchards or fields below me with the occassional foothill (or in British terms, a GIGANTIC HUGE MOUNTAIN) below. []

[ 11-13-2007, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Two connected, MT-related, weird dreams.

In the first I dreamt, with the posted pictures as sources, about MT-personalities. I vaguely remember Athene and Swordy being present, although all different than the pictures. [] Oh, how a complex dream (as that was all). []

The second was simply that I posted in this thread about the first dream. []

I wonder what the next chain of dreams will reveal. It's time to find out. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
I vaguely remember Athene and Swordy being present
im in ur dreemz
messn wid ur heds
[]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed that I was in a building on my campus late at night. Nobody was around except me and this guy who I think I was engaged with.

We were playing whist. []

Why can't I have more interesting dreams?

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
We were playing whist
*riffles through dream intepretation book*
[]
You don't want to know. Let's just say that if any men tell you they really like peanut butter, DON'T LET YOURSELF BE ALONE WITH THEM.
[]
[]

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I really like peanut butter []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed the wall in our kitchen had been painted anew.

Reeeally blows your mind.

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I dreamt that I was at a coffee place with a friend having a drink, which is kind of like the thing I do all the time []

Is this whole boring dreams thing a trend []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

When I had a mini-breakdown a few years ago and was suffering from insomnia, my dreams all became really everyday, whereas my perception of wakefulness became a bit dreamlike. It got so I couldn't tell the difference, and I still have some memories that are in the wrong place.

When I try to think about a dream I had that is filed under memories, my brain screams at me that it's real and I get... whatdjoocallit? Cognitive dissonance? And my brain feels all furry on the inside. []

Does your brain feel furry on the inside? [] []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
I forgot to say that the dreams I have most of the time are VERY real. Like I dream about the following day, or the previous day, or even about the minutes that are going by during the dreams
And as the dreams are all about reality, more than once I actually had to ask people if some things had really happened or not. Couldn't know

Also, I often have déjà-dreamt feelings That's a very weird thing to feel, too.

Me, from first page []
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a very vivid and emotional dream last night, unfortunately I have now totally forgotten it, that happens to me a lot!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
posted      Profile for Luke   Author's Homepage   Email Luke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hurumphidumph! I've decided to get right to the point:

1. The earth swallowed me up and I met Copernicus and Gallileo in the center of the earth. Gallileo wanted to show me his bald spot ontop of his head which had shadows of planets moving over it while Copernicus led me down a stairway that he claimed went to the sun but actually went to the planet core. Thomas Jefferson was there and I caught his kite string and it shot me up out of the earth, where I met the giant head of Albert Einstein with the earth inbetween his teeth and him bitting down on it.

I think it all means something. []

From: Granada Hills, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Okay, two nights ago I had these dreams. They're following each other, but I woke up between each one, too.

1° I'm on a boat on a cruise with a lot of people on some of Finland's lakes. The lakes are not profound at all, like 50 cm. All of a sudden we see a huge black-and-white fish. But it gets out the water, and people realize it's in fact a huge brown and white cat (like 10 meters long) []
I woke up.

2° The boat - which was a huge ferry kind of boat - is in fact Serenity [] And we're lost in space, all the people are gone - dead but I don't know how - and it's scary. I woke up thinking that being all alone lost in space is the scariest thing of all times. I didn't want to fall back to sleep.

3° I'm in a huge hotel, like 25 stories high, in the center of Helsinki - which is impossible as there is no building this height there [] - with a little girl dressed in 19th-century-farmer clothes. And there is three long but thin grey tornadoes coming right at us. The building isn't destroyed though.

[]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  18  19  20 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help