Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 2)
Author Topic: Dreams...
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean...what if it's Labour
Just as bad if not worse in my eyes! [] A horrible thought! *wakes up in a cold sweat*
[] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean...what if it's Labour
Well, then I suggest you go to the hospital right away when waking up ! []

I pollute my own thread. I feel like I'm some crazy citizen like Athene [] []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, sorry.
[]

I had a dream last night that I worked in an estate agents in Uxbridge high street (I have never been there, I think it was actually Taunton) and when I got into work one rainy September morning, this really campy bloke was sitting in my nice mahogany desk by the window, typing up his journal on Word.

He started having a go at me (pre-emptive strike) and I said "Don't worry, I'm used to working with queens," (a term I never actually use) and he started writing in his journal again. So I looked over to him and said "That's not how you spell "term of endearment"."

Then all these guys in suits started vomiting copiously all over the street, which is usually my brain's way of telling me it's time to wake up. Which it was.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ your dream.

I wonder if anyone got my joke []

I'll bring back my dream-diary this afternoon and tell my best ones.

I just remember now that a friend of me dreamt once that I was in a children hospital and that I wanted to rape all the kids []
She said it was pretty traumatic [] []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, I just got your joke [] I was a little slow on the uptake there, I think []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In about 40% percent of my dreams, wherever I am, I am swimming. Not only in water, but also if I'm in the street, at work, in the park, out partying....I have to swim through the air, usually front crawl. I think it's because when I swam competitively, I trained every morning from a young age and somehow the sensation of swimming has stuck some part of my subconscious. I was wondering if Gna or Singo or any other ex competitive swimmer gets this?

It's odd because in the dreams I'm the only who has to swim, so if I’m being chased then obviously I'm slower than someone running, but then I realise that I can swim upwards sort of like flying and my assailant can't follow with his/her boring old walking on the ground technique []

The other thing is I lucid dream all the time which is ace as it usually kicks in midway and I realise I can do whatever I want []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Swordmaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1302

posted      Profile for The Swordmaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got your joke Inc'...I just decided not to comment []

[ 11-09-2007, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: The Swordmaster ]

From: Paphos, Cyprus!!! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not very good at remembering dreams, but a recurring one I have is having to appear on stage, and I either don't know my part, or don't have the right costume, or both.
When I was a teenager I frequently dreamed about having to escape as a group from some kind of murderous enemy, and I escaped but the others didn't, and I felt a mixture of relief and guilt.

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I once dreamt I was a Tory MP..............worst damn nightmare of my life! []
Then I had a dream about eating a giant mashmallow; when I woke up in the morning my pillow had disappeared! [] []
Ok so that's an old one..........but it makes me laugh []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I frequently dream that I am under-dressed... like I am in the office with only a towel on etc!
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My sex dreams are usually pretty weird and random as well. Most of the time the guy has no face. [] And, I'm someone else... or watching it from above. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc', when you mentioned a dream diary, I got mine out and started readin over it... I was dreaming some CRAZY things in 2005. And apparently, another common theme I forgot to mention is that I find myself living in trees an awful lot in my dreams. Not living in the forest or a forested area, mind you. Like, my house is a tree. []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

That's very Zelda : Ocarina of Time-ish, you know ! []
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

It would have been if there wasn't the distinct feeling that my little tree community was a very, very suburban place. Like whole families standing on the lawn to wave at the neighbors... except no houses or lawns. Just soccer moms and businessmen living up in the branches with their 2.5 children. []

In another one, I technically lived inside a box inside a warehouse where everything was painted to look like I lived in a treehouse. [] That was the rubber deacon dream. []

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Éoric of the Riddermark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2302

posted      Profile for Éoric of the Riddermark   Author's Homepage   Email Éoric of the Riddermark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have two dreams that have been recurring at least once a month for as long as I can remember:

In one, I can breathe water and I live in the ocean. I'm not a mermaid or anything, just myself with internal gills (apparently) and a dwelling under the sea.

In the other, an axe is being swung straight at my mouth and I can't move my face out of the way or move my arms to block or react.

One of these days it would be amusing to get one of those dream-interpretation books and see what each is supposed to mean. []

From: Wilsonville, OR | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Most of my dreams are like beer commercials.. just me and half a dozen scantily clad, beer toting honeys that are way out of my league. []
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
posted      Profile for Luke   Author's Homepage   Email Luke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed that a madman was running around and killing people by touching them with lightbulbs. He must have been taking their inner light or something.
From: Granada Hills, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a dream last night that I was spending Christmas with my aunt in California. Except that it was Christmas day and I wasn't ready and didn't have gifts yet. So I opened an IKEA catalogue and pointed at something and told my cousin I'd bought it for her and it was on the way.

It turned out to be this really odd wool and metal windchime.

Who knew.

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyrhael
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5522
posted      Profile for Tyrhael   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I dreamt that I was asleep and dreaming about being asleep and dreaming. So I was dreaming that I fell asleep and started dreaming (and was experiencing those dreams), and later woke up from that dream and stayed in the second layer of my dreams, at which point it was revealed that I was dreaming about being asleep and dreaming, at which point I woke up from that dream and continued in the first layer and eventually and abruptly woke up from _really_ dreaming and got out of bed.

I also notice that my dreams are usually depicted like I'm looking at the images faraway on a small screen, and not in color — everything is blurred, and no one has faces. I usually can't even see people properly, I just know who they are.

Yeah ... and sometimes I dream and when I wake up I realize that the dream I had started off the same as one I had many, many years ago, and then continued. Those dreams I don't remember at all, except when I'm dreaming the continuation years later. A sort of dream déjà vu, as someone else mentioned in this thread.

I know last night I was dreaming about running through towering shelves (hundreds of feet taller than me) full of fruit loops, chasing a crush of mine. The weird thing is that I was looking at myself in the third person from way above, almost like in a zoomed-out video game.

The other thing is (as mentioned by others) that I'm not usually myself in a dream. Certainly I realize I'm the main character in the dream, but I don't identify with who I am in real life. Sometimes I'm a character from some movie, anime, TV show, book, etc.

The other thing is that no one ever speaks in my dreams. Certainly I, as the main character, _think_ ... and sometimes I understand the thoughts or motives of other characters in my dreams, but there's never any actual speech.

There are probably more oddities, but I can't think of them right now. The main things are not being myself, no color, no speech, usually no faces (I can't remember people's faces when I'm dreaming, I just know that that faceless person is person XYZ from real life), seeing it like it's a faraway and small picture, etc.

From: northern CT | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

quote:
I can't remember people's faces when I'm dreaming, I just know that that faceless person is person XYZ from real life
I get that, too!

And the "not myself" thing, sometimes.

I had a dream that involved the point of view zipping from inside my head to inside Jude Law's head. More notable than being Jude Law was that he was playing the only normal man in a huge room full of depraved, feral men feeding from giant slop piles. And apparently all this was hidden within the coffee shop where I used to work, to the point that female employees no longer believed in the existence of male employees... so I got to run around being really nervous for the remainder of the dream . []

[ 11-11-2007, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Adulithien ]

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that only one in a thousand people dream in color, yet that percentage does not pan out with those I've asked.
Many of the dreams that I remember often have one common theme to them - it's that I'm pretty successful at whatever I'm doing.
Also, occasionally I have dreams where I'm naked [] and no one seems to mind. woo hoo!!!

[ 11-11-2007, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and sometimes I dream and when I wake up I realize that the dream I had started off the same as one I had many, many years ago, and then continued.
My father has told me that he once dreamt that he was out walking and then stopped by a house and borrowed a bicycle.
Many years later he dreamt that he gave the bicycle back.

Oh, and I usually dream in color ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

I dream in color, too. I don't think I can remember even one dream that I've not had in color. Maybe the 1 in 1,000 thing is just an urban legend? Or maybe we only think we're dreaming in color and it's some sort of cognitive issue?
Matt The Courageous
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5409
posted      Profile for Matt The Courageous   Author's Homepage   Email Matt The Courageous   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dream in black and white? I had heard that but have as of yet to experience it.

So I dream in color. And the scariest dreams I have are the ones I can remember. The rest become a blurr or nonexistent to me.

Am I the only one here that can control there dreams?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Long may truth prevail."
"Peace to the faithful."
"Fear no darkness!"
"Fight the good fight!"
"for even a fool if he is silent, men will think him wise"
Anger is easy, forgiveness is hard.

From: pacific northwest | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

I believe Freya made a post about lucid dreaming.
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  18  19  20 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help