Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 18)
Author Topic: Dreams...
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has been forgotten for too long ! []

I had a dream a while ago, before I went to Japan, that I was in Japan and we were going on a hike with a friend of mine. We went to a place where the main island, Honshuu, was very narrow (like 20 feet [] ). Evidently, such a place doesn't exist IRL. Then, I was thinking, "Wow, when the tide is up, it's like there are two islands instead of one !".

Then, when we came back to the hostel, there was water indeed, and I was barefoot. So I was apparently stuck because there were sharp things in the water (?) and I needed shoes.

So my friend told me he was going to bring me socks back from the hostel. Meanwhile, I found someone (guy from high school) that gave me one sock. But it wasn't enough ! Then, my friend came back with another sock, but he told me to be careful because it was a whistling sock : when you throw it away, it whistles ! I was terrified by this idea (apparently whistling socks were dangerous in my dream), so I woke up. [] []

Thankfully, none of this happened while I was in Japan []

[ 03-08-2011, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had a weird dream again :

Athene and Elanor were supposed to meet up in England because they were planning to go to a spelling bee concert (yes; I don't know what that is, but it seems very dull) together. Athene was telling Elanor (who was coming from Moscow for the occasion) not to forget her 3D-glasses, the latter apparently being necessary to enjoy the show []

Athene was referring to the glasses as "les lunette", which seemed pretty apt. []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I had a dream that I was with a friend, and we wanted to play a board game. So we chose one from this shelf, and it was called "Lipps Inc." (as in the band [] ).

At which point, my friend and I both realized at the same time that there was a pun in the band name, so we said aloud "Lip sync !" and hi-5ed. []

Then another friend arrived and said that she'd been aware of the pun for a while because she had eaten pop corn once. []

Anyway, I kind of like the idea of getting puns while sleeping []

[ 05-03-2011, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

The White Hand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11334
posted      Profile for The White Hand   Email The White Hand   Edit/Delete Post 
It was night at sea, and there was this HUGE white ship, with a party going on the top deck with loud music and lights, and all these angels and girls dancing-- and I was dressed in white, and a beautiful blond angel put a glowing halo on my head, and my brother and his gf were swimming in this pool behind me...

...oh wait, that was my vacation in the Bahamas last October; I remember, I got the white shirt at Nassau the day before. Sorry []

"CELL--e-brate good times, come on!" []

[ 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: The White Hand ]

From: Memphis | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I had this dream recently where I got angry at some dude at a bar and punched him in the face and left. There was instant blood. Later, at airport security the beep went off and a large screen announced that I was under suspicion for murder (of that guy) but they let me pass with a shrug.

[]

I was relieved to wake up. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Hand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11334
posted      Profile for The White Hand   Email The White Hand   Edit/Delete Post 
That means you hate your mother []
From: Memphis | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I had a dream that Secret Bob had decided to join the board under the pseudonym LordOfSpeed []
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Had a recent dream that Russel Howard was my date to my graduation ball, who came dressed in a tshirt and jeans, and start making jokes about the Queen.
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But aren't Queen jokes fairly common?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I had a dream that Secret Bob had decided to join the board under the pseudonym LordOfSpeed []
[] indeed ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not in this part of the Commonwealth... to be funny, jokes have to be relevant... []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just be warned, mildly crude British humour; His 'drunk impression'
[]

[]

[ 05-16-2011, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Telperaca ]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Read through some old MT threads last night... Then I went to bed. Had my first MT dream in... I don't know how long.

Almost everyone that posted in the One-line Wisdom Thread featured in the dream, but the main stars were Varnafinde and Éomer. Apparently Éomer and I were really good friends. []

Anyways, my memory of the dream is a little jumbled. I must've been thinking about Finding Nemo just before I fell asleep because there were fish in the dream too. Also, at some point Éomer had become (or was playing) a lobster-like creature not unlike Sebastian from The Little Mermaid. [] But he didn't last in that form for long...

While Éomer dilly-dallied about on the edge of a pond, a shark jumped up and ate him! I watched the whole thing. []

Then I found out through MT that Éomer had disappeared... Everyone was a little sad, for maybe two minutes, and then Éomer Éaddergh (or something like that; it definitely wasn't Éadig [] ) showed up and explained that he was Éomer.

The next scene had me in some kind of warehouse, with a whole bunch of MT folk. Varnafinde spoke to me about The Kith & Kin, The Opele, and RolePlays... Then I saw Éomer sitting in the corner all alone. I sat beside him; we joked around for a bit. I said I had to confess something... [] [*shrugs*]

Scene changed. We were in a shopping centre. I said I was hungry for Oporto chicken. We headed towards the food court... but then Éomer remembered he had to get to a shop by a certain time. We turned back. A shutter-thing started coming down from the ceiling. Éomer ran and slid underneath it just in time.

I was stuck. But then I pushed the shutter upwards and went into the other area. Éomer stared at me as if I was super-powered. He then found the shop, and spoke to two Asian teenage girls. He told them about me & the shutter, and they stared at me as if I was super-powered.

Dream ended around there. [] Clearly there were too many Éomer quotes in that thread. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy to have humoured you, Inc'. []

Last night's MT dream was more board-based... For some reason I was "privileged" enough to have new photos of The Hobbit actors in costume. [] I'd taken them myself & posted them here. []

I clearly remember Martin Freeman as Bilbo and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. There was also a "Bombur", but it wasn't the guy who we've seen cast in that role. []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

Alas, last night I didn't dream of Éomer as predicted. []

But I did dream of Ney again. [] A car accident and her father were involved. []

Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I need to not read fanfiction before sleeping.

Dreamt last night that I was being chased around a hotel by an evil wizard who shouted spells from Harry Potter. I hid on the ninth floor in a wardrobe and under a table which was for some reason inside while the wizard stood outside getting progressively more annoyed that the spells weren't working. Due to dream-logic he never thought of, say, opening the wardrobe door. []

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

Were you reading Harry Potter Fan fic? [] []
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shockingly, yes. I read a few chapters of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I am standing on the edge of a cliff. On the other side, some kind of garden surrounded by high walls. I jump and fall lightly on grass. On one side of the garden are very beautiful flowers, with a lot of animals running around (rabbits ?). On the other side, only very green grass, and, further away, a half-destroyed plane cockpit. I go inside and learn that this place is called "Lacking Pride". Good, since that's the place I was looking for ! There is a trial for me inside. I have to step between two woodfires that are on the floor.

Then I am suddenly wearing a suit - I was wearing green up until then - and I am 30 years in the future, and prisoner of Hades - for various very logical reasons. I decide to go out and talk to the bunnies.

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

I had quite a few snippets of dream that I remembered this morning. Most of it was just random, but there was one bit slightly related to the board.

It's something about BD chopping wood in my back garden, apparently something to do with a thunderstorm. [] But that's not the weird bit. It was the singing which was weird - the Homer Simpson song, except it was something about Yomer (Yomer, Yomer Simpson, greatest man* in history). [] I just remembered the first line though, but there was a sense of homo-ness in the rest of it.

* (or was it 'gay')

It does support my theory that BD does have some homo tendencies. []

[]

Why can't I just dream about skittles or superheroes or something awesome? []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

I managed to turn a dream in which I was buying lots of delicious cookies and ice-cream into a nightmare. []
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not enough of them? []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed I was with a younger guy and we walked across a lake. I was dragging a plastic bag and caught a fish in it during my walk, crossing the international border between the US and Canada to the other side, heading to his family's house. We hung out for a bit and cooked the fish.

Hard to believe, huh? Me going to Canada. []

[ 06-24-2011, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I dreamt about GOB from Arrested Development dressed as Lawrence of Arabia, hanging out in a harem and skyping to someone on a massive screen about ... something? His taxes? []

And then I dreamt that all my money got turned into orange pamphlets so I couldn't go on holiday with my friend to Reykavík. []

E:

quote:
Not in this part of the Commonwealth... to be funny, jokes have to be relevant...
[]

[ 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Hoom ]

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 18)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help