Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 1)
Author Topic: Dreams...
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Heya everybody.

I was thinking that it could be fun creating a thread were people would post about their dreams.

I realize that these can be very personal and that people may not want to share them because of that, but I figured that a big part of the Pony posts deals with personal matters/opinions/life, so I thought it wouldn't be inappropriate []

So here it is ! I guess I should start first []

I won't tell precise dreams here, in order to start slowly []

The theme that comes back the most in my dreams is the subway. I would lose my way in the dark/shiny halls, and stuff like that. Those dreams are very rarely scary or negative, though.

The second one is a pursuit. I dream that I'm being followed/that I'm running away from people who are definitely mean. Dreams like that often take place in familiar places (like the streets of Paris).

The third one is video games. In fact this is interesting, I don't know if anyone ever dreamt that, but I'm at the same time a player and a character in the game. They're often complex dreams but thoroughly very enjoyable.

I'll post most precise stories later, even though some will remain unsaid []
I used to have a dream-diary a while back, I should do that again []

Anyone else ? []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a lot of interesting dreams in my life. I find that a lot of my dreams have very strong emotional undercurrents that actually matter more than the "action" of the dream itself.

A lot of times there will just be people standing around and talking about an undisclosed or unimportant topic in an undisclosed location, but the emotional undercurrents set the feeling of the dreams.

I often have dreams about school - where I forget an essay is due or something equally dreadful. Not long ago, I had a dream where I was sitting my exam and realized I hadn't read a single thing on the reading list, and I was running out of time at the same time. []

I used to have dreams where I was running from something but found that I couldn't move.

I have a lot of dreams about tornadoes as well (probably because I am afraid of them).

I haven't slept well lately, so my dreams haven't been very concrete, but I'll post them when they are. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh gee, where shall I begin? (I think there was a thread on this, but it's probably in the Pony archive now)

Shall I start with the one where I was on the Enterprise, trying to persuade captain picard to stop polluting the planet below them that was inhabited mainly by large gobs of goo who kidnapped me and forced me to present their request to the captain. This was before saving environments were cool, btw, when I had this dream.

Or shall I tell you the one where I was a dinosaur, wandering around in a maze with a felllow dinosaur and climbing a perpendicular ladder above the entire solar system?

And then there's all the celebrity dreams and Lord of the Rings dreams.
I had a dream one time where I was in love with Aragorn but going to be forced into a marriage with an ugly pig-faced guy. Aragorn saved me at the last minute though.

Then, I had a dream where I was legolas, and there was a balrog living in the house across the street from us who was insulting us (Aragorn, myself and Gimli) like the french soldiers in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I've had numerous dreams where I'm in video games, often faced with impossible odds. And like you Inc' they're often super complex and long. I was Link one time in the dream. In fact, I'm usually not myself in a dream. It's pretty crazy.

Then I had a series of dreams where I'm in New York City, but I've never been there before. I've had about 5 dreams within a two week period where it was like that... every time it was nothing like the real NYC, but every time I had the feeling of being overwhelmed by the beauty and awesomeness of my surroundings. Again, I've never been there before so it was kind of weird.

[ 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] @ Lilli's dreams.

quote:
In fact, I'm usually not myself in a dream.
Once, I had a dream where I was me, but a woman. It was kind of confusing when I woke up.

I forgot to say that the dreams I have most of the time are VERY real. Like I dream about the following day, or the previous day, or even about the minutes that are going by during the dreams []
And as the dreams are all about reality, more than once I actually had to ask people if some things had really happened or not. Couldn't know []

Also, I often have déjà-dreamt feelings [] That's a very weird thing to feel, too.

[ 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Ms. Alba, do you know why I pulled you over?
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

I have absolutely demented dreams... big surprise. I don't have a lot of recurring themes, but lots of recurring settings. Some of them are places I've never been before, or that likely don't exist, but I recognize them as repeat dream locations.

A good example is the mansion in an odd nightmare I had once. A group of superhumans akin to the X-Men lived there, and whenever you left the house, you had to turn off all the lights from the back of the place to the front, and each room had a complicated pulley system that suspended all furniture and other items in the room exactly 3 1/2 feet above the ground.

I also have a lot of time and space folding. In the same dream, there was a city block-sized vacant lot that looked like a vacant lot. But if you attempted to drive into it, you would find a complex network of six-lane freeways arranged in loops around a giant compound, wherein top-secret government work happened. I was allowed to tag along with X-Men and was surprised to learn that Dennis Leary and Dan Akroyd were agents, too.

Most of the time, the plot of my dreams is either incoherent or too coded to translate. My dreams don't make much sense to me. I had one where I lived in a treehouse with James, and later on in the dream, he was beaten up in the foyer of a church by a 9 foot-tall deacon with rubber arms. I don't know!

My favorite is a toss up between the following three dreams from my past:

1-- A cat the size of a man walks around like a man and dresses like a man, yet cannot talk. He still meows. The entire dream involved him tickling me with his fuzzy paws while dressed in a top hat and waistcoat.

2-- I ride around with several friends on a three story tricycle that runs on autopilot. We crash a street festival and seduce a group of Chinese waiters via a Westside Story-type music and dance interlude. We all run off to see a movie. With requisite jumping across counter tops and high kicks from the waiters as they hand over their ticket stubs.

3-- I'm working for the Discovery Channel uncovering a scandal in Minnesota. Some kind of cover-up involving the governor, Dubya, and wild birds being reclassified to avert environmental laws in the name of expanding the tourism industry. I narrate the entire documentary in sets of humorous haiku. At one point, a disgruntled local is about to speed off in her car after I attempt an interview. She shakes her fist and squeals the tires while trying to roll up the window, all the while shouting at me, "You just can't justify the frozenness of the souvenirs!"

[ 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Adulithien ]

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have recursive dreams sometimes.

To the non-computer folks -

When something horrible is happening - I realize it is a dream and wake up. But then I was actually sleeping in the dream, and wake up in the dream. And then something horrible happens then too... and again I wake up (still in the dream world!).. and this continues.

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it going on right now?
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could be. Dont know, till I wake up!
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
I narrate the entire documentary in sets of humorous haiku.
[] []

quote:
When something horrible is happening - I realize it is a dream and wake up.
Once, I re-did a dream I had already done, knew it was a dream, wanted to wake up, because I knew someone would be being shot at the end - it was starring actors from Friends in a train - but couldn't and had to watch it till the end. Very frustrating.

I also recently had a couple of very violent dreams. A girl would be smashed and kicked in the head till it exploded, a pregnant mother would be stabbed, fountains of blood, and bodies would fly in the air exploding and imploding in front of me []

A very significant one : my father was yelling at me, and during the process he was slowly becoming Hitler.
[]

Others soon []

[ 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have one from I was quite little. It's only bits,but...

It's asnowy slope, maybe I'm skiing? There are slalom poles, which are actually mustard and ketchup bottles, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse are there, and there is a giant (!) full moon,and down on the plain lies a giant cruiseship.

This was my favourite dream for a long time. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

[ 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
This was my favourite dream for a long time.
So much you had to tell it twice ? []
Luke
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5836
posted      Profile for Luke   Author's Homepage   Email Luke   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know why I haven't posted HERE!

That one with the cat was just weird. []

One that I had two nights ago:

I was a soldier in a group of men being led by Jame's Bond's Goldfinger, and while we went along we all sang: "Coldfingeeeeeer, he's the man, the man without a sweater...his limbs are so cold, he looks like he's cold, very cooooooooooold!" My dreams are sometimes clever like that. Anyway, we were looking down on a group of big headed people from a giant tea cup in the sky and Goldfinger went down to see if he could buy them all from each other. Chaos insued and we had to start shooting their pets with pens...I don't know why.

Another one was where I was hired by a group of flat paper people in their flat paper house to go get something for them at "the top"...they didn't say where. This thing would make them real people again. So I found myself going into an ancient greek temple and trying to be quiet or else the stone heads would come to life...which they did, and chased me out of the temple. When I got back to the paper people they told me that they had found it in their house and had it all along. Talk about irony.

From: Granada Hills, Ca. | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've also had numerous dreams where I'm pregnant, often with twins. []

Often I don't know who the father is.

One time, I was giving birth to disfigured twins on the battlefield of a Civil War reenactment.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One time, I was giving birth to disfigured twins on the battlefield of a Civil War reenactment.
It is of course funny seen by daylight, but also a bit scary []

My dreams are not as extraordinary as the ones exposed here. I remember that as a child, I once dreamt I was a ball rolling down the street.

[] @ self

quote:
A very significant one : my father was yelling at me, and during the process he was slowly becoming Hitler.
[] .
Sorry, but that reminds me of Futurama's "The Scary Door". It's that in-story series where a man wakes up to find his surroundings altered. They continue to change, he is suddenly on a plane, with an insectoid head on his shoulders. He looks to his by-passenger, who is Eva Braun. He shrieks, then sees himself in the mirror: he has become Hitler.

I've seen this once years ago, so I don't know if it went like that. But it was in any case hilarious!

[ 11-08-2007, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Were they identical twins or was one Union and the other Confederate? Imagine if they were conjoined twins and one had a gray hat and the other a blue, and they got in a fight over who owned the liver?
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc', did you mention the Friends on a train dream in the UP before? Because if not, someone else I know has also had a somewhat recent dream about the cast of Friends on a train. []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

Madomir - one was really small, the other big and grotesque. Also, bombs were going off around me and I remember thinking, "where is their damn father!?" []
Supra
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5329
posted      Profile for Supra   Email Supra   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason most of my dreams involve me getting shot with a sniper right in the kidneys o.o I think its because i play too many shooting games.
From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
one was really small, the other big and grotesque. Also, bombs were going off around me and I remember thinking, "where is their damn father!?"
You gave birth to kids sired by Austin Powers and Mini Me?? []

The strangest part of the dream might be that there are bombs going off in a reenactment. []

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Swordmaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1302

posted      Profile for The Swordmaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh I like this thread.

I have had one dream that I've had fairly regularly since about 2001, where I'm in an election.

The only problem is I don't know what I'm standing for (local council, Parliament, some futuristic world government...who knows), or anything. There are lots of people around, mostly people I know like my best mate, who all seem to know what's going on but no one will tell me.

I have to go and make speeches and take part in debates, but I've got no idea what my policies are. I keep getting rushed into cars and then into other debates or meetings.

When I ask people what's going on they just say, 'it's the election!' and if I ask if it's important they tend to say things like, 'if you don't win it's all over. you have to win, everyone needs you to win'.

The really annoying thing is that in 6 years I have never found out what happens at the end, I sometimes get as far as election night when they're counting the votes, but I always wake up before I find out if I've won or not.

That's probably the one that sticks out the most. Then there are random ones like one where I'm a dragon, living in the atmosphere of the planet with my sister (also a dragon) and playing tricks on the human race...

From: Paphos, Cyprus!!! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've got no idea what my policies are
*resists temptation to make cheap crack about the modern Conservatives*
[]
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Swordmaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1302

posted      Profile for The Swordmaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] - the whole point is that I don't know what party I'm standing for. [] That's what makes it kinda terrifying - I mean...what if it's Labour []
From: Paphos, Cyprus!!! | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful dream that would be... []

I'm off to have some dreams now. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Dreams... (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  18  19  20 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help