Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » You-Tube Gems (Page 16)
Author Topic: You-Tube Gems
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! Besides I'm not much of a musical singer (I won't bore you with the details but the techniques of musical singing are rather different from pop singing) or a dancer I'm way too young to play Maria. I'm only 19 - I'd be more of a Liesl.
[] I'd very much like to play Liesl.

MTV short - two people playing There's No Limit by 2 Unlimited on glass harps.

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
File this under "wtf"

Bizarro prog-rock performance on 1978 telethon

And this under "frikken awesome", or "far better than the original"

Trio of gals from Iowa sing "Belleville Rendezvous", en francais

[ 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
De Staat - The Fantastic Journey Of The Underground Man.
I lost all sense of depth watching this. Also, great music []

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just... insanity FTW!

Focus performs "Hocus Pocus" live.

If you know the original or the Helloween cover version, you may be shocked that this one is about three times faster than any of the album recordings.

From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That performance is epic. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like the studio version better, but man, just how much cocaine do you think those guys did before going in stage?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Love it!! Can't believe how fast that is! [] My heart rate doubled just listening! Is there some sort of rule that anyone in a rock band that plays a flute has to be nuts? That guy reminds me of Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull []
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tull, you say? Oh My God!
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

posted      Profile for Adulithien   Email Adulithien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They're all crazy. And yeah, probably loads of coke... or, well... they may call it "speed metal" for a different reason... []
From: Austin | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is Snatch Wars, an hilarious remix of Star Wars with the voice of Brick from Guy Ritchie's Snatch playing Darth Vadar.

Very foul mouthed, but very funny

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Very funny Freya []

Just had to rewatch that Focus vid and it struck me.. if ever there were a Focus movie done, Jack Black would be perfect as the yodeler []

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

[] It's true, Mad. Scary, but true.

And great post, Freya! (Good to see you again, too.)

Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

BTW... great to see you about again Addie, you've been missed []
Roll of Honor Adulithien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2193

Well, shucks. [] It's nice to see you, too! I'm glad the Focus video is getting some appreciation, too. Those guys are crazy, especially when you compare that video to the studio version. Drugs, FTW! []
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

Hocus Pocus is pretty well known, but I've never listened to any of their other stuff. After seing that however I've enlisted my friendly neighborhood hacker to find some old Focus stuff so I can give it a listen!
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
These guys got some balls. Campaigning for gay rights etc. is not exactly easy when you're living in Iran...
From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that what it was about? 'Cuz English is my only language, and I only understood the words "anonymous sinners" and "no." Iran rap?
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This song is more about the mollah regime and rigged elections (the pictures tell a lot...). They have another song which deals with gay rights, in the context of President Ahmadinejad telling the world some time ago that there were "no homosexuals in Iran". Homosexuals in Iran (usually men, because lesbians are not as easy to detect in such a society) are hanged if they are caught.
This one deals with women and gay rights.

Edit: and yes, the language is Farsi, of course.

- Marg Bar Jomhūrī-ye Eslāmī -

[ 06-02-2009, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angathas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1319
posted      Profile for Angathas   Author's Homepage   Email Angathas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Check out WHO2. These 4 guys are performing Who songs, especially the TOMMY album for the 40th anniversary.

Also look at Terrible Tim. Look for the Jay Miller song. Hysterical!

From: Staten Island, New York 10306 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

An a capella version of Toto's Africa on stage by Perpetuum Jazzile. If you think you'd prefer not to listen to it, at least check it out for the beginning and see how they do rain and thunder! Very cool.
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perfect. [] I just heard about that video.
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If you haven't seen these yet, you simply must. They will make you LOL for hours. I've watched one of these like 10 times and am still not tired of it.

Auto-Tune the News

It makes fun of all the rap songs that auto-tune everything. And their production value is actually really high on these videos. Great use of green-screen technology... and of course, auto-tune. []

Here's a few of my favorites:

Auto-Tune the News #2: Gay Marriage, Pirates

Auto-Tune the news #5: lettuce regulation xD
"It's not the nicotine that kills. It's the smooooooke" xD

Auto-tune the news #8: Made in America, Michael Vick, Geese

[ 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Here's a little dancing skeleton marionette. After all, 'tis the season!
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

changing sand art on a translucent table. very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhf3OvRXKg

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » You-Tube Gems (Page 16)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help