Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Facebook (Page 6)
Author Topic: Facebook
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is if you only want your friends to see it!

I give as little personal info there as possible.

[ 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Maia Olorin ]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto.

Most of applications have the disclaimer that states it will be given access to your information if you want to use it. I prefer not to. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"I give as little personal info there as possible."

That would be none at all.
I didn't even give any private information; my friends already know it what I want them to, and no one else needs to. Mine only has information that I show to the general public anyway.

Caveat Emptor.

"Most of applications have the disclaimer that states it will be given access to your information if you want to use it. I prefer not to."

It doesn't really matter unless you want to sue them, and not many people would even bother. Best to just assume that if you put it out there, it's up for grabs.
I don't understand people who put their personal information like credit cards, bank-account numbers on their browsers, unsecured websites etc and then act aghast when it's hacked... it's like walking down a dark street in a high-crime area with a thousand dollars in each hand, i.e. incurably naive.

[ 02-08-2012, 03:30 AM: Message edited by: Numenorean Sword Trainer ]

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nuinamarthion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1945

posted      Profile for Nuinamarthion   Author's Homepage   Email Nuinamarthion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi folks :-)

I haven't logged back in in years (with all the quietness, you know), but with the movies approaching, it's time get the fire started again []

You might have pumped into my site before. Feel free to stop by my FB site for discussion and updates:

Talking About Tolkien
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Talking-About-Tolkiencom/308961932484868

My site is now 10 years old and is one of the longest surviving Tolkienite site in the world. (Darn I feel old [] )

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, ooh, I want to connect with MinasTirithians.... me!
Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I voted for you Anoren!
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One vote a day!

Hey Minas Tirithians! The White City's very own Citizen # 2435 ~ Anoren Anarinwa is in the West Coast Hooter Girls Viewers Choice Awards (Blonde on page 9).

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Six pages and no links to a WGW Facebook yet. Is our steward on FB? []
From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for sharing that interesting info, Nuinamarthion!
From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Six pages and no links to a WGW Facebook yet. Is our steward on FB?
[] the ultimate sock-puppetry....
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This facebook stuff do I have to be registered to see and connect with most of it?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You should have a Facebook account, Hamfast. Then you can be invited in to the MT group on FB. []
From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Get yourself registered, Hamfast. It's a doddle.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I could, I've never been the greatest facebook fan, though!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
doddle []

"Two countries separated by a common language."

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh -is that where all the citizens are these days? Fbook?
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like. []

I am both places. []

[]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am on teh facebooks. []

To those who didn't miss me in the least: fear not; I am not the fellow you remember! I assure you I am a kinder and gentler Talan than the previous model.

Everyone, please feel free to friend me on Facebook. I miss all of you. []

From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not on Facebook. So that's the reason I'm not friending anyone there ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
pi,

quote:
doddle []
Much to my embarrassment, I have to admit that I only know one meaning of "doddle". What image of the registration process have I inadvertently conveyed?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

Varnafindë,

quote:
that's the reason I'm not friending anyone there ...
That's no excuse. We still feel snubbed. []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Will it help - to some small extent, at least - if I promise to friend you if I ever get a Facebook profile?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
GlowintheDark
None that I know of. [] I just wasn't sure if I knew the definition and had to look in the Queen's English dict. []

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

pi

Ah! Just wait until I start talking proper Northern Irish.

Varna

That depends. What are the chances of you ever joining Facebook? []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
What are the chances of you ever joining Facebook?
Slim []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Facebook (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help