Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Facebook (Page 4)
Author Topic: Facebook
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know your real name, Telpy so no worries. []

edit: FYI: Adams, that region wasn't listed. I saw a tiny thumbnail that might be you but I didn't want to message and have it be a different Darin Adams LOL.

[ 01-05-2009, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adams
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1809

posted      Profile for Adams   Email Adams   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Lilli...

I'm home now, so I could access the link. Here's me:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=565456070&ref=profile

What's the MT Facebook group??

From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I added you Adams.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I added you as well. []
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto []

Hey, Utah is close to both Idaho and Arizona. Would you like to meet up with Annii and I during our road-trip ? You can see the thread in the Pony []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I added you too, Adams. Yeah -- I have plenty of extra beds, so you're welcome at my place, dude!
From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's come to this - I've joined Facebook. I wanted to see drunk pics of me. [] And join the MT group. [] And finally watch the Paris video. [] (No, not Hilton! [] )

Time to go through this thread and add MTers.

E: Profile

[ 02-02-2009, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so THAT'S who that is, haha. I friended you cause I saw how many MTers you were friends with and figured I knew you from MT, but couldn't figure out who exactly you were []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciated that you stated your MT alias so I didn't go "who the crap is this fuzzy person" when I was too nice to not reject. []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I figured I'd do that. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glóin the Dark

I'm rather behind the times. I suppose Facebook is out of date nowadays...

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glóin, totally. The latest fad I hear is Bookface. You write a book and then get them to put your face on the back cover. Some of us would rather it was the front cover, but the publishers objected on financial grounds.

There's some spin-off trend where you take photographs of people and substitute their faces with books, but it lacks the panache of the original.

From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that seems to involve at least a minimal level of literacy, but how long can it be until Bookface is supplanted by Audiobookface?

[ 06-11-2009, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Glóin the Dark ]

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you now forcing picture book writers to be literate as well as the working class? For shame, sir, for shame. []

I bet you're one of those educational fascists who believe in education for all or some such.

From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

Certainly not. I merely wish to remark on the predicament of the barely literate with an air of smug superiority whilst pretending not to be one of them.
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

Well, I thought the photos were evidence enough. Couldn't you be, you know, a member of the clothed literate?
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

I certainly could, if that were a viable way of making a living. But who, nowadays, wants to listen to an audiobook read by someone fully dressed? It's goosepimples for me for the foreseeable future...
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I joined Facebook. I thought Myspace would be it, but someone asked me to join, so I did. I find that I like it better than Myspace. It seems leaner and faster than Myspace.

Facebook

Oh, and I requested to join the MT group. I hope they let me in.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook is MUCH better than MySpace. The only reason I haven't deleted my MySpace is because I follow some bands on it (it is better for bands than Facebook is).
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I agree Snow Whiz. I signed up to them both awhile back to keep in touch with the kids. Facebook seems to be mor ehappening though I do get tired of all the apps people throw at you. I requested entrance to that MT facebook group awhile ago, but haven't heard anything either way... I'm thinking it's either inactive or only a certain clique is invited, which if so would make it an MT private club []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're in, Snowdingo. I saw you there.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Yeah, I noticed that yesterday AFTER you added me & commented on the MT page. The linky notification dealy in the lower right corner for your comment routed me there. Before that, it didn't show up on my groups page nor did I ever get a notification I was in. Wierd Facebook glitchy thingy I guess.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've just caught up with some old friends from elementary school. Very strange to look at our grade 2 pictures, and then to see us in our late 40s/over-the-hill phase of our lives. Some have aged well, some like to flaunt their success, some have let themselves go to seed, and some are dead.

I tend to fall into all three of the latter categories....

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Yeah Maia, I managed to catch up with several old school buds & kids from the hood, including my 1st girlfriend. We asked each other about other people and are curious some that have not appeared on the cyber-radar are indeed still living.

So... The Minas Tirith Facebook group is pretty inactive...

Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fingers crossed that facebook glitch doesn't strike. Just requested to join the MT group.

Elora's facebook page is there. If you send a friend invite, please let me know your MT moniker. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Facebook (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help