Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » PM Post Office (Page 1)
Author Topic: PM Post Office
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this thread might be a good place to post requests to our fellow MTers that their PM box is full. That way we don't have to take other threads off-track to ask them to make some inbox room. This thread can act like an ongoing bulletin board specifically for PMing.

It's simple. A prospective PM sender, finding the prospective recipient's inbox is full, posts here a message like, "hey, Flubwine, your PMs are full" or something along those lines. Hopefully this person's intended will see the request, clear out some PMs, and notify the sender here. PM funtion becomes operational -- without interrupting other threads and discussions.

So, Imbear, your inbox is currently full... []

[ 04-09-2006, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imbëar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 729
posted      Profile for Imbëar   Author's Homepage   Email Imbëar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry.
Please try now.

Imbëar

From: Auburn, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm... good idea []
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Et voilà! I just sent Imbear a PM. A successful first run... []
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea here really. I do have a hard time wondering how one's PM box gets full. It hold what... 60 PMs? I don't usually save many at all, but then I have the email notification turned on so I save the PM there.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

quote:
I do have a hard time wondering how one's PM box gets full.
AFAIK, all the PMs count toward the capacity limit -- ones you send as well as receive. So 60 isn't that hard if you consider say 10 conversations with an average 6 posts (3 back and forth, so to speak).
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
10 conversations with an average 6 posts (3 back and forth, so to speak).
A PM consists of up to 21 'posts'. One's profile can hold up to 60 PMs - a PM is like a very short thread on the board. The 60 PM limit means that there can be a total of 60 PMs in the inbox AND outbox [not each box [] ].

[ 04-09-2006, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Right, I know all that. I just can't see keeping so many in either the sent or received box, and if there is that much PM conversation going on.... wow!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
if there is that much PM conversation going on.... wow!
In my case, it's mostly about Role Plays... []
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

Imbear, your inbox is full again, but no matter. I got the emails and they opened fine. Thanks! []

e: oh, and if you get a anti-spam request (it's automatic based on the settings I use), you can ignore it. I've put your addy on the guest list. []

[ 04-10-2006, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
VV's box was full, but I asked him to fix it in the UP and he did. Hooray. He seemed to think you'd be terribly put out by my not announcing it here. []
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Círdan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 812
posted      Profile for Círdan   Author's Homepage   Email Círdan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Imbear, your inbox is full again, but no matter.
Pretty much. haha
From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Éomer, your inbox is full!

Oops! ::clears it:: No wonder I wasn't getting any PMs! []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imbëar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 729
posted      Profile for Imbëar   Author's Homepage   Email Imbëar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me!
If you have a message to send, please do!

Imbëar

From: Auburn, CA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

Marcho...
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elf Lord you seem to be getting all the "I don't clear my pm box" people []
Change your friends mate []
[]

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Telpy, your box isn't full, but neither is mine [] !
*Waits for some replies [] [] *

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... There's a massive hole in my inbox.
[]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gloin,

I don't know if you will get this, but your PM box is full. Please empty it.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Done!

Current scores:

Imbëar: 2
VV: 1
Marcho Blackwood: 1
Glóin the Dark: 1
Telperáca: 0
Miranthridel Bloom: 0
Éomer: -1

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nelyafinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5247

posted      Profile for Nelyafinwë   Email Nelyafinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glóin, your PM box is full...
From: The Green Dragon - forever and always | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
::looks at the scoreboard::

I like the One-line Wisdom one better. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

If you want a reasonably timed reply, VV, empty your box a bit!
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » PM Post Office (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help