Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What are you listening to the IX! (Page 55)
Author Topic: What are you listening to the IX!
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Faun - Pearl (live)

Edit: listening and watching this again.

I saw her once and then no more
't was Edens Light on earth a while
She passed along the meadow floor
Spring seemed to smile
and then no more

Ah! What avail my magic lore?
She shone before mine eyes awhile
My peace is wrecked on Beauty's shore.
I saw her once and then no more

Oh might I see, her once again
Death would soon heal this heart
Now sad and sore, would beat anew
A while and then no more

[ 11-02-2014, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mediaeval Baebes - We Three Kings
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sigur Rós ~ Hoppípolla (instrumental)
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sara Bareilles ~ Cassiopeia
From: Mnemosyne's orchard | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jozef Van Wissem & SQÜRL ~ The Taste Of Blood
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Blind Melon ~ No Rain
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

In honor of Donald Trump: Cheech & Chong ~ Mexican Americans
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
In honor of Donald Trump: Cheech & Chong ~ Mexican Americans
[] []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Joan Baez Live singing a cover of Leonard Cohen's Suzanne
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Joan Baez is the greatest living American. Discuss.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Probably pretty darn close.

Her rendition of John Prine's Sam Stone is great, though I cant seem to find any youtube vids of it.

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Trobar de Morte ~ Morgana (Live at Castlefest 2015)

This is a beautiful song and dance, and the video would have been perfect except for the wankbadger that steps in the way purposely after looking. Fortunately he was only there for about 20 seconds.

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

This song makes me happy - So full of hope, and I love sunlight sparkling everywhere, especially in the snow and water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOuI4OqJfQc

From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

you and who else? [] []

Thea Gilmore ~ Ever Fallen In Love

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

That's a dark, sad song, Snowy. There's help for people like that, if they know where to find it. I pray to my God that more and more people can learn to re-train their brains and overcome their past trauma. That's part of my vision for the B'n'B retreats I will open.
Meantime, back to happy love with this one:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU
Karen's voice was just - dreamy! I would have loved to share with her what I know now, about healing the whole person!

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

[]

Here you go Fatefull: Bat For Lashes ~ Sleep Alone []

[ 10-15-2015, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Snowy, I liked the lyrics about love being a two-heart dream. The video put me in mind of Pinnochio. []
Have you ever listened to Bomby's music? He has a lovely song he wrote for some friends in honor of their anniversary. One line says, "The more things change, the more love stays the same."
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jackbrown3
Regarding the Thea Gilmore song you posted, I loved the groove and the voice. The thing I wish more people would realize is that we all need reassurance in relationship, including in the healthiest ones. It's okay to say to one another, "I need to know that you are still choosing me, above all others."
Expressing that need doesn't mean we are needy, it means we are human, and is actually a mighty compliment to our partner. [] Of course, this assumes that the two hearts had the original conversation, where they bothexpressed the desire and agreed to be exclusive.
Here, let someone else tell it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd4E9ePUrok

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Azam Ali ~ In Other Worlds
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Lunatic Soul ~ Summerland
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

I liked this. ^
"Scared to life" = hope? []

faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

'Storm' - Fernando Ortega
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Faun - Gaia
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

Fernando Ortega - Lord of Eternity
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Going back to my Jr High school days....

Black Sabbath ~ Master of Reality

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The sound of the rain

But mostly my pool walk on music
The Libertines - you can't stand me now

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What are you listening to the IX! (Page 55)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help