Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  55  56  57 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What are you listening to the IX! (Page 4)
Author Topic: What are you listening to the IX!
Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arlington Eyes-Dead Poetic
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Solas - Edge of Silence

One song in particular sticks with me today. Track 9 named

Clothes of Sand

Who has dressed you in strange clothes of sand?
Who has taken you far from my land?
Who has said that my sayings were wrong?
Who will say that I stayed much too long?

Clothes of sand have covered your face
Given you meaning, but taken my place
So make your way on down to the sea
Something has taken you so far from me

Does it now seem worth all the color of skies
To see the earth through painted eyes?
To look through panes of shaded glass
See the stains of winter's grass?

Can you now return to from where you came?
Try to burn your changing name
Or with silver spoons and colored light
Will you worship moons in winter's night?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aerosmith - same old song and dance

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Círdan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 812
posted      Profile for Círdan   Author's Homepage   Email Círdan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
JEDI MIND TRICKS !!!
From: Atlanta | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What you are - Audioslave
Begin Again - Shinedown

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pharaz Kiwi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2880

posted      Profile for Pharaz Kiwi   Author's Homepage   Email Pharaz Kiwi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Audioslave []
Set it off.

From: Dead smack in the middle, New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lacuna Coil - Heaven's A Lie
Lacuna Coil - Swamped

::thinks he might be in love with Cristina Scabbia [] [] ::

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have an MP3 of the Yardbirds version of Dazed and Confused. If you want it, PM me your email that can take at least 8megs.
Thanks for the offer, but not one of my fave Zep songs.

Wait a minute: does he play his Les Paul with a violin bow, like he did in 'Song Remains the Same?'

[]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
::thinks he might be in love with Cristina Scabbia ::
Yeah, you and everyone else besides! []

[ 04-21-2006, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Elora Starsong ]

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Jimmy does that. I also have the video file of him using a bow on a Fender in the Yardbirds 'Im a Man'
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You gots some neat stuff!

In truth, I don't listen to Zep all that often these days. I had just made a comp CD of some of my fave stuff the other day, so that's why I was listening to it. I can't really sit through a whole album of theirs anymore.

Must be getting old.

[]

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Yeah, I listen to Zep IV and I skip Stairway everytime.

Today I'm in a StarWars mood so I'm listening to Twin Sister!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I knew the words to "Stairway" by heart when I was 5 or 6. My older sister would play it constantly back in the day -- much to the annoyance of my older brother. []

Snowdog, what's Twin Sister? I too have been on a SW kick -- just about finished watching the entire film series this week (yep, Episodes I-VI) and was thinking about putting on my Star Wars CD soundtrack.

Lately, I've been on a CSN kick. I'm about to put on "You Don't Have to Cry" from their first album. It's not as well-known as say "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" or "Helplessly Hoping", but I think it's one of the best tracks on the album. [] Great lyrics and of course, harmonies.

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Silmahtar, you voluntarily watched the Sw pre-quels? [] []

I am listening to Xavier Rudd for some modern day kharmic hippy dude chill out influences which I definately need at the moment to unkink my jagged heart.

Food in the Belly is the title of the album I am listening to.

[ 04-23-2006, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Elora Starsong ]

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Silmahtar, you voluntarily watched the Sw pre-quels?
Yeah. I do like them for what they are, especially when watched in context of the entire double trilogy [] . I even love some parts of them. And I admit, I'm a George Lucas apologist... []
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elora:
quote:
I am listening to Xavier Rudd for some modern day kharmic hippy dude chill out influences
I know a guy who went to school with him, apparently he is/was a real w*nker [] .
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter soundtrack. [] Ask Daughter if you want to know for which film.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] @ Xavier Rudd. Who cares if he's a wanker, he makes great music!

Elliot Smith
Angeles
Morning After

Emiliana Torrini
Today Has Been OK []
To Be Free
Sunny Road

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Snowdog, what's Twin Sister?
Twin Sister was a Star Wars tribute band that played a music festival in 1996. The lyrics are for the most part Star Wars lines or variations thereof. When they played the show I was at, they were dressed in Imperiel Stormtrooper outfits with the lead singer in a Darth Vader outfit.
They recorded a CD in about 12 hours as its raw 90's grunge.

You're no good to me dead
did you hear what I said
I have a price on my head
now I'm leavin'

I'm sailing...
slave one...
into the night

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Bilbo Baggins

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pippin the fierce
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4487
posted      Profile for Pippin the fierce   Author's Homepage   Email Pippin the fierce   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Family Force 5 - "Put Ur Hands Up"
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other guy die for his." - Gen. George S. Patton

"We can't make you do something, but we can make you wish you had."

From: The greatest place on earth-VIRGINIA!!! | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hard-Fi - Hard to beat
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sooo long since I last heard this... []

Jenny Morris ~ Break In The Weather

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tool - Lateralus []

in anticipation of the new album, which should be finding itself in my hands on Friday. European release dates are a marvelous thing indeed! []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Kerry Livgren - Seeds of Change

The song: Waiting for ground Zero

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Bilbo Baggins

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What are you listening to the IX! (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  55  56  57 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help