Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  55  56  57 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What are you listening to the IX! (Page 1)
Author Topic: What are you listening to the IX!
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know the score by now!
What are you listening to?!!!!

King of This thread is: ZENITH
Lady and thus Queen is the fair maiden : Tinelwen

The court jesters (here for our amusement) are:
THe Bands -
Travis
Coldplay
The stereophonics
THE DARKNESS

THE STREETS -- Dry YOUR EYES

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The CD Solas - Edge of Darkness is playing!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Kooks-Naive

[ 04-11-2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Værtalion of the Vanyar ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Fool, prate not to me about covenants.
There can be no covenants between men and lions,
wolves and lambs can never be of one mind, but
hate each other out and out and through.

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pharaz Kiwi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2880

posted      Profile for Pharaz Kiwi   Author's Homepage   Email Pharaz Kiwi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh new thread!

Metallica - No Leaf Clover
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy
Pearl Jam - Evolution
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight,Tonight
Audioslave - Getaway Car
A Perfect Circle - Passive

From: Dead smack in the middle, New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This morning I was all ready to come in here and cry about not being able to go and see The Darkness playing live tomorrow night (stupid lack of funds, stupid uni assignments, etc [] ) but I have awesome news! I won a competition on the radio, and now I'm in the runing to win tickets to the MTV Video Music Awards in Sydney, where The Darkness are playing! If I win, I also get to meet James Blunt (yes, hooray) and go to the after party! W00t!!!!
*passes out from joy, yet again* [] [] [] [] [] [] []

[ 04-03-2006, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Miranthridel Bloom ]

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well done to Miran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just listenign to the th kooks as well!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the Kooks singing 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley on the radio the other day, it was brilliant []

i think she's passed out mate, and from that 'orrible smell i think her rectums just..

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Fool, prate not to me about covenants.
There can be no covenants between men and lions,
wolves and lambs can never be of one mind, but
hate each other out and out and through.

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pharaz Kiwi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2880

posted      Profile for Pharaz Kiwi   Author's Homepage   Email Pharaz Kiwi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*shudder* James Blunt []

But winning stuff rules!

From: Dead smack in the middle, New Zealand | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Brian Willson SMiLe

For yet another time, YES! []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i think she's passed out mate, and from that 'orrible smell i think her rectums just..

*Backhands VV* []
*Points to PM box*
*Backhands him again*
quote:
*shudder* James Blunt []
He's not that bad! I have this insane urge to pat him on the head. []
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pharaz Kiwi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2880

I have the urge to give him a throat lozenge or something
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

*He looks like he could use a few good square meals, and perhaps a razor that works [] *

[ 04-03-2006, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Miranthridel Bloom ]

Elessar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 871

posted      Profile for Elessar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Vampire by subseven
From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pharaz -

quote:
Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy
[] [] []

Great song!

Maria - Blondie
Tumbleweed - Cannon Fodder (*Plug*.)

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Sandry of Ruatha
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2732

posted      Profile for Lady Sandry of Ruatha   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Sandry of Ruatha   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Dresden Dolls
The Decemberists
Belle & Sebastian
The Smiths.

From: Ruatha Hold | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4497

posted      Profile for Hoom   Email Hoom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If I win, I also get to meet James Blunt (yes, hooray) and go to the after party! W00t!!!!
[]

I'm going to his concert on April 13. I know his voice is odd, but I quite like the fact that he sounds like a transvestite. []

Nick Drake - Pink Moon (album)

From: Sydney | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nirvana - Unplugged

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* thinks James Blunt should have his larynx removed or we should send a Terminator back in time to do it before that atrocious song was ever recorded * [] []

Snowdog, man I can't listen to that album without getting sad. [] It was recorded in November 93, right around the time I saw the band in DC. You can hear the pain in Kobain's voice, like he was barely hanging on...

I'm not listening to anything at the moment, but will probably load up A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step". [] I've had the opening track in my head all day... []

[ 04-06-2006, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"The Stand" - Hillsong United
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I hear you Silm, which cements Nirvana as one of the premiere blues bands. His rendition of Leadbelly's Where Did You Sleep At Night is intense!
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I actually went back to the beginning of Nirvana's main stream cross over on the 5th April... and listened to Nevermind, at top volume in the car with the windows down as I sped through the dry and dusty plains of western New South Wales. I reveled in the seeming innocence and hope that threaded through Cobain's voice amid the weariness and pain and disenfranchised rage back then, and marked the sad day he left us, 12 years ago.

Silm! [] I adore that CD. It's almost on permanent rotation in my stereo... that and Tool's Undertow.

Right now, though, I am listening to Ben Harper's Both Sides of the Gun CD.

As for James Blunt.... []

[ 04-06-2006, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Elora Starsong ]

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, 13th Step - an album that grew on me. []

On a similar note, I'm looking forward to Tool's new album, supposedly called 10,000 days.

Currently listening to Opeth - Blackwater Park from 2001 - which is a most excellent album, surpassed only by their Ghost Reveries (2005). It's progressive, has more than a few death-metal influences and is simply an album worth listening to.

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Bele... there are so MANY releases I am waiting on tenter hooks for... and it's not easy as release in this part of the world is for some reason way after everywhere else. I swear, people in Botswana get new music faster than we do...

But I shall have to be strong... and keep waiting... because.... I WANT MORE TOOL! [] []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your last smilie made me wonder: are you making fun of me, or were you commenting (with " [] ") on how hard it is in Australia to get your hands on new releases? []

Sorry for the misunderstanding, anyway []

edit: I just came to the conclusion you did not make fun of me, reading the post before your last one. Sorry, again. Call me Dr. Dense.

[ 04-06-2006, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

No harm, no foul Belegurth. Nothing to be sorry for. []

Though, I can't for the life of me imagine how anyone could ever think that I, little innocent ole me, would ever make fun of anyone - ever! []

It is pretty difficult to get our hands on new releases of the non commercial saccharine crap variety here - they seem to take their own sweet time getting to us. Of course, I'm not the most patient of women either.

Why, I once hopped a plane and flew half way around the world to see Return of the King at the same time as everybody else, and a whole 6 days before my compatriots back in Oz. []

[ 04-06-2006, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Elora Starsong ]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » What are you listening to the IX! (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  55  56  57 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help