Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 4)
Author Topic: Cricket Inn
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jumps for Joy.

Jumps on the Aussie Grave for good measure...

4 Straight losses!!!!!

Always happy when the Boorish Aussies lose!

10 wicket loss. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...
They wont win this world cup []

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
More to the point....
THEY WERE THRASHED BY NEW ZEALAND!!!
[] [] [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
To Fangorn, I think that the Aussies just might, don't be confused by a few defeats in fairly meaningless one-day matches.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Hamfast - Yes they just might, which is why I keep taking small pleasures whenever they fail, assuming they just might not! []

And meanwhile, they lost again after they made 337!!!!
Now they cant say they miss Ponting, Gilchrist, Symonds and Clarke. Because even if they were around, they wouldnt manage more than that.
Ooohoo.. Auz in shambles!

When is the last time they lost 4 in a row?

[ 02-17-2007, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of Brad Hodge in the Aussie side; good player.
I'm sick of him, he's been all over the telly advertising foxtel (cable TV). In other news, I know Adam Voges' Dad. My Mum's a huge cricket fan (I resent it for hijacking the telly all summer, and besides, what good's a sport where they don't wear shorts?) so we're rubbing all the losses in, for her sake.
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WHITEWASH BABY YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

*does the happy dance*
*does it again*
[] [] [] [] []
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Jumps for joy too....

But then..

But then....

A new rival for world cup now. If some team can hunt old Oz down for 346, how can India beat them? How Indeed?

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Give up a Finger to play?

This level of commitment seems amazing!
May be the Kiwis will walk off with the cup this year!!

Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't this be called "Kricket Inn"?

[]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Get out, infidel! []

I know, I don't think he means it though. Playing with a bleeding stump probably isn't allowed either, even if you do play in black.
[]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

*doubles*

Well, the world Cup appears to be getting off to a..... so-so start. Great win for the West Indies over Pakistan: Australia are, unsurprisingly, not having too much trouble with Scotland: Kenya and Canada seem fairly well-matched, but unfortunately....no-one cares.
[]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Only India is capable of injecting some interest into this First Round of games. They will lose to Bangladesh on the 17th, and send cricket circles into tizzy.

Wait for that!

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Any Scots about?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Any Irish about?
What they did was absolutely Amazing!

A debutant holding a Test Team to a Tie.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Maybee, but to be perfectly honest, tying with the weakest nation in Test Cricket, also with virtually a civil war unfolding, does not seem that impressive to me. Wait until the Irelly come up against Pakistain or West Indies.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Oh dear, England lost. []

To New Zealand! [] []

*puts on her brown and tan and dances madly 'round the room*

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

But I have to admit that Pakistan losing to Ireland is funny. Especially as I have some Pakistani colleagues at works who riped me to shreds when England lost. Wait till I see them tomorrow! []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Really not a good weekend for Pakistan. First they lose to a buoyant Ireland on St Patrick's Day (does Ireland ever lose on SPD?) and then their coach, Bob Woolmer, dies suddenly of a suspected heart attack on Sunday. []

Inzy is obviously devastated; he is giving up one-day cricket and resigning the captaincy. I understand his reasons, but I think he should wait for the shock to wear off before he makes any decisions. Too late now I suppose. []

RIP Bob, and bubbye Piemeister.
[]

[ 03-19-2007, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

More bad news for Pakistan; their selection committee has resigned and Bob Woolmer's death is being treated as suspicious.
[]
Of course, any unexplained death is treated as suspicious until it's explained, but if the details I read in the papers this morning are true (which they are very possibly not) then Jamaican police are right to be suspicious.

Poor Pakistan. My heart goes out to the cricketing community and the fans. []

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

The unruly quirky bunch of Pak Cricketers have somehow been kept together by the Gentle gaint Inzy. Pak will have to do some searching before they find a leader, whom everyone will respect.

I thought India will add some excitement to World Cup by losing to Bangladesh. But Pak out did it, in a very sad fashion. May Bob Woolmer rest in Peace.

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

The D-Day.

I'll give the whole of MT a treat if India beat Sri Lanka and qualify for Super-8 today!

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

Easy task, then. []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

*coughbangladeshcough*
[]

And now we hear that Bob Woolmer was murdered; strangled in fact. [] []

[ 03-23-2007, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Oh the Shame of it!!

Oh well, one less thing to worry for a month. []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

That's a shame Fangorn, I was looking forward to that treat! Now the Aussies in one-day cricket have had the mick taking out of them in this thread. But they look f**king awsume at the moment. I think they play a different game to the rest of the world. Some of those shots by Matthew Hayden. If anyone gets above Australia, they will be Champs.
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help