Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 3)
Author Topic: Cricket Inn
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Zenith - Who do you like to be - Batty, or Hoggard?
BTW, This comment
quote:
and not enough shaggy-haired, lion-hearted swing bowlers who are in the form of their lives.
here - http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/243205.html really reflects my bafflement. Why aren't 'you'(English Touring Selectors) picking Hoggard, but picking Mahmood and Kabir Ali?

[ 04-04-2006, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hoggy needs a particular wicket to get some decent swing, otherwise he just looks a bit flat. Ali is a tad unreliable, but more flexible in terms of the wickets you can play him on.

Don't get me wrong, I [] Hoggy but I've seen him play some very pedestrian cricket. Personally, I think the reason you're flogging us in this one-day series is because your bowlers are comfortable and confident, and our batsman are currently pants.

[] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

quote:
I [] Hoggy but I've seen him play some very pedestrian cricket.
Interesting. I have always seen Hoggard play only in India ofcourse, (Remember the last England tour to India?), and he has been brilliant whenever I saw him!
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Valiant Effort by ... Err... Pietersen!!
Somehow, my favourite English bowler - Hoggard - was not that effective..

India just might lose intensity right now, and allow English a come back. So, 3-4 is still on! []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*gives up*
Bloody awful. I know we're without Vaughan and Trescothick, but still.....
*raises the white flag*
[]

[ 04-06-2006, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Actually, I feel sorry for English team. 40 Degrees is something even Indians cant stand for too long. And then just when you think everybody in the current English team is fit, Flintoff gets injured. Hopefully, it is not a bad one. I feel currently he is the soul of the English team, and without him we will be playing with a soulless team!
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

[]
Dravid goes away for a game, and we have to lose it!, and that too to a England without Flintoff!!

Sack the non-performing Sehwag and Kaif I say, and bring on some new-blood.

[]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
You're thrashing us royally in the series, give your guys a break!

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I whent to collage with Sajid Mamood! He did geology with me !!!!!!!!!!!

Hoggard should have plaied the whole of the one dayers he's ace! even when the ball isnt swinging that much!

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Zenith Thats cool! So did you play cricket with him? []
I too think Hoggard is an ace...

Dravid returned, and so did sanity to Indian team! Well played uthappa!

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those were nice results of the game. I was able to watch the whole match which having to leave to come to school. [] []

Watching cricket is fine, but I don't think I'll be playing it for a while.
Got a bruise the other day when my cousin whacked the ball and I tried to stop it but it hit my thigh instead. [] Big bruise...

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

***YAAAYYYY***

Jumps for Joy!!

Finally a win in South Africa....

Sad that English lost though. I always want those bullying Aussies to lose (the cricket team atleast)

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

We deserved to lose; we were collectively pants, with only one or two bright spots. Well done the Aussies. []

New Zealand, on the other hand...
[]
*sigh*
Stephen Fleming, I am not sure my love for you will survive this patch of uneven form. I am not a fickle woman, but you are pushing me too far. My wounded heart can only take so much.
[]

Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
HA!
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Miran

Can you expand your HA? []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] Please don't.
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

God we're pants. What a good thing that I support New Zealand. They're unreliable but at least they put up a decent fight.

On the other hand, all of your good players just retired except Punter.
[]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Absolutely agree with Athene. Australia has lost 75% of its winning strength. Atleast in test matches. All other teams batsmen can breathe free now!
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Well, except England, who despite having lots of great young players coming through seem to manage to bollux up every easy chance they get.
[]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Hearty COngratulations to the England team. Four wins on a Trot! Three of them against Australia!! Unbelievable stuff.

I hope the invincibility Aura of Australians is finally broken, and they become a mortal team after that beating.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

And may I just add, Miran,
[] [] HA!!! [] []

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WE ALL LOVE COLLY!!!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] I've rated him for a couple of years now. It's always nice to be proven right. [] *smug face*

I also rate Ian Bell; I think he's a good, solid batsman, although his fielding is not as watertight as Colly's.

I reckon we'll be seeing a lot more of Brad Hodge in the Aussie side; good player. []

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help