Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 2)
Author Topic: Cricket Inn
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
England has the upper hand. Though Our bowlers are making more run than the batsmen, and frustrating the English as usual []
Go Boys, make that 400! []

Edit : err they made only 279! 121 behind. Boy, this is going to be a tough match to save!

[ 03-20-2006, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! []
You are going down!
[]
*gets smacked upside the head by a flying stealth chapatti*
Alright. There's no need to use food items as ballistic weaponry.
[]

[ 03-20-2006, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

quote:
*gets smacked upside the head by a flying stealth chapatti*
Alright. There's no need to use food items as ballistic weaponry.

[]
Alright, I'll use proper Ballastic weaponry next time.

BTW, how did you come across a 'Chapatti'? Is it available in the Indian Restaurants there? Usually they give a different variety of the Indian Bread called "Nan", which is not as healthy as Chapatti.

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What? [] I make them. I put cumin seeds and black pepper in them. [] I secretly prefer nan though, particularly the one with big greasy lumps of garlic in. [] [] []

Chapattis are more aerodynamic though, for flinging, frisbee-esque, at English cricket fans. []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

quote:
I make them
Amazing!

I am ashamed now. My feeble attempts at making the chapati always end in the flour getting stuck to the roller, resulting in a several holed chapati, summarily rejected by my wife and kids.

Nan is tastier, but they use a flour called 'maida' for that, which is super refined wheat, which doesnt have any nutritious value!

Anyway, back to Cricket - 152/2 effective score. Interesting 4th day tomorrow!

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Hmmm yes, but we're really only 31 for 2 in the second innings. Still a good lead but losing early wickets is a big problem in our game at the moment.

I always manage to set my fire alarm off when I cook them, because I finish them off on a naked flame, but I roll them by hand so they don't get stuck! Excellent way to get rid of all your frustrations...

*pictures boss's head*
*WHAM*
*pictures stupid brother*
*POW*
[] []

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Pictures a masala dosa* []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

So hungry.....
*craves gobi aloo sag*
[] [] []
[]
Dieting sucks.
[] []

Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Hugs SEA* []

Trust me, you'll feel better for having done it afterwards! []

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

**Hands Masala Dosa to Wetwang and Gobi Aloo Sag to Athene**

Well I am celebrating folks! [] England gave their advantage completely away by batting super slow today. Its all even stevens now, and anybody can win tomorrow. So, for an exciting play tomorrow! []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Yeah right - there's no way you're going to get 313!
[] []
( [] )

Let Hoggy loose with the ball and it'll all be over inside 170.
OK, maybe not.
*is still very, very hungry*
It's getting to the stage where donkey is starting to look good.
[]
[]

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's getting to the stage where donkey is starting to look good.
That´'s deicide! []
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

*is becoming distinctly equivorous*
[]
[ [] ] [] [/ [] ]

*gets hoofprint right between the eyes*
[]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Darn it [] [] [] []
We lost!

Err.. Congratulations to English on winning without half of their Ashes team. []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
YOU DID????
*hasn't checked the scores yet*
W00T! W00T!
[] [] [] [] []

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Lé Sigh*
[]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
BTW, how did you come across a 'Chapatti'? Is it available in the Indian Restaurants there? Usually they give a different variety of the Indian Bread called "Nan", which is not as healthy as Chapatti.
[] [] [] []

King Freddie Super Freddie!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

[] MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! []

Revenge is Sweeeeet...
India are going to trounce England 7-0 [] [] [] []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
I think the word I'm searching for here is D'OH.
[]

Closer than expected in the end, at one point I though you were going to win by 90 runs...
*the shaaaaaaaaame*
[] [] []

Seven nil might be a bit ambitious though, don't you think? I was thinking more 6-1......to us! []

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

fluke []
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

quote:
fluke
[]

Actually I was expecting the usual English Routine of "Awful food yesterday - All of us(All the cricket team) had Delhi Belly. And you know No Vaughan, No Trescothick, No Giles, No Jones, ya da ya da" [] [] []

quote:
I was thinking more 6-1......to us!
Ya, Dream on Lady, while you can. After Next match you'll have to dream 5-2! []

[ 03-28-2006, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
Fangorn, I see you are on the board.
[]
I KNOW, OK!!!!
[]

Well, played, BTW. []

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Valiant effort by Collingwood!
Athene - I was away for a few days..BTW, now the score is 4-3 right? []

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

..................................I think i might get a bowl in the next one dayer []
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

At this rate, donkey's batting would be an improvement. And he doesn't even have opposable thumbs. []

*kudos to the subcontinentals*
[]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help