Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 12)
Author Topic: Cricket Inn
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see the finals are even aired on our state channel.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I saw some of the game. Rather a lot of fuss for a game of rounders which I consider one day cricket so to be! And in between all of the ads, on the pitch, at the side of the pitch, on the players shirts, on TV at every break, I might have manage to see a little Cricket.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! India won the World Cup! []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] Champions! [] []

Best world cup ever!! []

This meant the world to Sachin. You could see that in his eyes when he hugged the boys. It was heart warming when they boys carried him and took him around the pitch. They won it for Sachin, oh yes they did. The whole of India wanted the WC as much for Sachin as for themselves.

And Dhooni? [] That man is special. He's unnaturally calm, absolutely cool and a good wicket keeper Although I was disappointed with his overall batting, he has been a fantastic captain. And as one of the commentators has stated during the final match, everything he had touched had turned to gold. []

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This may be the final transgression that revokes my Australian citizenship, but I am really pleased to see a country other than my own and other European nations win the WC. []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about a lose-lose proposition. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As a one day side we have far too much work to do!
2ngland as a test side are one and still one of the best in the world

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Personal opinion, but Test is so long I don't have the patience to watch the full game; can't imagine playing on the field all day. Must be tiring, but shows great stamina.

Is anyone planning to see any games in Aug/Sept? I'm trying to get tickets...

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Zenith - Wait till what we do to you in your own backyard, and your supposed strength (tests) and decide if you guys are still good at it!... [] [] []
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wait till what we do to you in your own backyard, and your supposed strength (tests) and decide if you guys are still good at it!...
I read that without knowing that this was in inn for talking about Cricket. And...Never mind.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Awww.... isn't that so cute! Neytari captialised cricket to make it the proper noun all civilised nation know it should be. [] []
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I capitalize everything. I'm like Emily Dickinsen.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're like... German. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

IPL finals!
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Initial Program Load? (mainframe computer lingo)
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

'Indian Premier League'. Basically, a bunch of teams playing against each other to win. You've got newbies, oldbies and the professionals. []

I think India are planning to have league similar to this for football too. []

(Incidentally, IPL is also a module I had to do during Yr1 of Uni - 'Interprofesional Professional Learning'. Boring and pointless. [] )

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is this much heralded Keigsweitter person actually rather rubbish?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Simple answer, yes. []

Nice to see Cooky (a.k.a. Eyeliner Boy) make a captain's knock the other day. I think the match was actually a lot closer than the commentators made it out to be, although we were definitely second best.

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
'Interprofesional Professional Learning'
[] []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I do think it odd in a way that here we are facing the best Test team in the world with two of our main batsmen both out of sorts, Petersen and Strauss. I can't help but think that in the older days, had this been Australia in their time of prompt they would have dropped both players one of them been captain or no. He has to make runs!
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Too true, mate. Too true. The selectors in this land in years of yore were a merciless mob. They had a depth of talent, however, to use to their advantage that other nations envied. Oh how times have changed, and yet just as well else it would be an utterly boring sport.

That said, it's damn hard to replace under-performing players if there is no one to replace them with.

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

whisperwelldoneenglandendwhisper!
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
W00000000000000T
[] [] [] [] [] []
Watch as I graciously refrain from sending gloating emails to my Indian friends.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

[] Well done England.

( [] )

[ 07-26-2011, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Telperaca ]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 12)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help