Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 1)
Author Topic: Cricket Inn
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We can discuss the on-going India-England series. (I am from India BTW).

[ 12-18-2006, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OH YES!!!!!
[] [] []
Looks to be an interesting test - both sides seem a bit all over the place at the moment, although I don't have Sky so I'm only going on the BBC updates. []
Are you enjoying it?

[ 03-10-2006, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
India vs England live online, ball by ball updates from the BBC []

Out of interest Fangorn where in India are you from? [] I've travelled around India a couple of times and loved the country [] I consider it my spiritual home []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cricket and its rules are either the proof that British people (and all those who were once part of the Empire and thus understand it) are way more intelligent than anyone else or that they are totally insane. Probably both. []
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Athene - Brilliant!!

I am at work when the play is on, but ofcourse I get a constant update of scores and enjoy the highlights at night. The State owned television network (Doordarshan) telecasts all the matches played in INdia. So, no need to have pay channels [] . Though they switch to Hindi commentary frequently and spoil the fun. ( I am from India, but Hindi is not my native language!)

Sat/Sun is going to be fun, if the rain keeps off.

Really sad that Trescothik had to go back. He was my favourite batsman from the English side. Do you know what ails him?
And Amazing debut by Monty and Cook!. Where was Cook hiding until now?

With almost 1.5 days lost, it seems difficult for any side to force a win. But I am hoping for a Munaf (Patel) surpise with the old ball. []

Is Plunkett a good bowler? How do you compare him with lets say Hoggard? If is half as good as Hoggard in Reverse Swing, I think Indian batsman or on for a tough battle. That too only 5 of them!

[ 03-10-2006, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Double post, but hey, its my thread! []

Wetty, nice to hear that you consider India your spiritual home! I am born in "Andhra Pradesh", a state which is just North of Tamilnadu, which is the southern most state. I currently live in Bangalore, in Karnataka state, which is just west of Andhra Pradesh.
Which places did you visit in India?

Bele - Cricket suits Indians just perfectly. No other sport has such less demand on fitness(you need to be fit, not that much), which Indians are not very particular about. Also, it is not very physical, which is one thing what we are against again!. Height is not much of a factor like in Tennis or BasketBall, and Indians are less taller compared to Caucasians. All in all, a brilliant invention by English, which just suits us perfectly! []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what's wrong with our Banger ( [] ) but I know his father-in-law was very ill a while back and that caused family issues. Also, he has a young baby so I hope it's not that. []

I hear Sachin Tendulkar is being replaced in the nation's hearts.....
[]
Poor Sachin. [] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Which places did you visit in India?
I've spent time in the four big cities; I loved Calcutta [] Varanassi is another favourite; as was the Golden Temple at Amritsar. Mostly I spent time in the smaller towns like Cochin, Mahabalipuram, Kodaikanal, Varkala, Puri, Pondicherry and Baga in Goa []
I've passed through Bangalore; indeed I spent around 8hours waiting for a train at the railway station one night, or is that Mangalore I always get the two mixed up! []
I absolutely loved the scenery and the people are most excellent [] I had the good fortune to stay with many families on my travels; they were mainly poor but looked after me like one of their own; us selfish Westerns could learn a lot from them []
I'd love to return for another travel around the Sub-Continent but I don't think that will be happening any time soon [] Until I do return I will have to be content to live off the memories []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Athene Naah - Sehwag's and Dhoni's come and go. Sachin will just stay. It is just infatuation with Dhoni. True love always for Tendulkar! []

Wetwang - Actually not all Indians are that hospitable. I agree that the poor ones tend to be more hospitable than the rich ones. Dont know why!
Our trains are a bit erratic(Mostly they delay by only a hour, which we deem is natural, but then some times the 8 hours happens too!). Hope they become punctual some time in the near future.
You did spend time in quite a cross section of places!. Were you a tourist, or on work?
Hope you get to visit India soon.

I too lived in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire for a year on work. It was brilliant. I was afraid before I left about the stiff upper lip, but was surprised by the warmth I received from the people I worked with. And what amazed me the most was the uniformity of the place. You could take a photograph of any Road with Orderly and Uniform houses on both side, and sell it as a picture postcard here. In India, no two houses look alike, and from a distant view, the layout looks a bit haphazard.

[ 03-10-2006, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[] [] *has always had a soft spot for lovely Sachin*
I nearly got to see him play last year.....
[]
Unfortunately that was when he hurt his...elbow? So he just presented the prizes instead. []

I stopped dribbling over Stephen Fleming long enough to watch. []

I was thinking of Pathan, he seems to be flavour of the moment over there?

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

He was down by "Tennis" Elbow!
Pathan is also a good recent find. But, Dhoni gets the biggest response from crowd when he comes out to bat these days, even beating the Sachin response!

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And what pray tell is that sausage eating german in ere for!
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Disappointing performance from India!
Sehwag/Tendulkar and Yuvraj all disappointed. Fanstastic catch from Bell. This seem to be headed the Nagpur way, even with 1.5 days lost!

ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Bell did something that was good............ []
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

And followed it up with a Half-Century.
But slowly and surely, India are doing their thing (Bamboozle the visitors with spin), and getting the test into control. Well done boys! [] []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

[]
Uuguhuguhu, we are sooooo losing.
[]
On the other hand, my beloved New Zealand have just beaten the Windies!
[]

Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Jaffer got out just before only a few minutes before I left the house! []
From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
England is so screwed. Crap!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Lord Glorfindel - Actually No. I think that they played very well, considering the fact that they dont have Trescothik, Vaughan and Jones. I dont know what India will do, if they dont have Dravid, Tendulkar and Pathan!

And Ear - I gather we are discussing something way beyond your understanding. [] Its not about a insect, but about a game. []

[ 03-14-2006, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

Oh boy, looks like Harmison is injured. Bad news for England!
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And Ear - I gather we are discussing something way beyond your understanding. Its not about a insect, but about a game.

Who says it's beyond my understanding?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

quote:
Who says it's beyond my understanding?
Dont get all worked up. It was supposed to be a joke! []

[ 03-16-2006, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

Who says I'm "all worked up"? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Cricket Inn (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  12  13  14 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help