Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 8)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith Meetings
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
aw, I'd wanna meet you too, fran. But I'll be back, don't you worry. I'm seriously considering studying in the UK. It seems to be the best option (for grad school in what I want to do).

Bravo to you for taking care of your folks, though! []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*waits patiently for Snowy to upload some of our pics*

(I'll email you the crawfish binge and the beignet snow-fest when I get home. [] )

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Only 4 more sleeps until I go home! [] []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Shiite, SSA, you should have let me post them!

Delete those, and then re-send them smaller. Also, re-send the crawfish picture with the one that had more light.

Holy hell, delete all those please. Way too close!

[ 04-26-2006, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I was re-sizing them - but you took so long...

[]

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Holy shiit! Those are HUGE!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll post a few later tonight.

Thanks for deleting them.

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Nosehairs... []
From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Snowdog was just waiting to pounce!

Whew! []

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

So I'm not very computerate.

Is that a crime?

I deleted.

[ 04-27-2006, 03:48 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

CloudStrife
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3483

posted      Profile for CloudStrife   Email CloudStrife   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry SSA! I'm just giving Snowwiz a hard time! I've done the same thing plenty of times! [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Citizen #1859. I swear I'm an oldbie.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?
Yeah
Wow, that's messed up.
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die...
One hundered percent bestmanship is awarded to the one and only Cloudstrife!

From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Well, I deleted. I'm not very good at this computer-pic stuff, I admit. Daughter told me how to re-size my pics, but Snowy attacked before I had done them.

[ 04-26-2006, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

I apologize if it seemed like I attacked, SSA.

Cloudstrife didn't mean any harm either. He's a joker like me.

Anyway, here is one of the pictures SSA wanted to show. I'll show more as we go along. This one is of me eating boiled crawfish on my table at home. SSA took all the pictures, and she is a photography maestro. She enjoyed crawfish as well.

This is how you suck a head. []
 -
A street in the French Quarter. Notice the old in the foreground, compared with the new in the background.
 -

More pictures to come. I gotta go to bed now.

[ 04-26-2006, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Checked my mail today and the first page was alerts that people have been posting. I will update next week! Rest Assured recent meetings will not go un-first-paged! []
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Snow Wizard - that's not a Fosters in your hand! []

Well done! []

Only 2 more sleeps..... only 2..... how can a girl bear it.... I'm swinging off the rafters and getting more and more out of hand and being most rambunctious. Spare a thought for those who have to share a plane with me.

They will be locked into a narrow cyclindrical metal transport device, hurtling far above the earth through the air with a crazy woman even crazier than usual! []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
#1> Snowy, seeing that pic of NOLA.....made me []
#2> Seeing the [] CRAWFISH [] made me [] and drool....I'm so full of mixed emotions right now [] ! thanks ( [] )

#3> WHo here lives in NYC? I'll be in town June 8-11 with my Mom and her group on a Bus Tour and I'd LOVE to meet up with some MT'rs either on Friday or Saturday afternoon when we have "free time"!
PM me if you think this would be possible!

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I met Snowdog yesterday!
It was so cool.
We were at the Border's bookstore in SouthHill from 4:20 until 6:00, sitting in the café.
He bought me a latté; such a gentleman.
There is a picture posted in the Face, thanks to dear Elora.
I wish you'd been there, too, Elora. However, the two weeks you were here in the area, SnowDog was (quite naturally) monopolizing your time and attention.
Anyway, we talked about all kinds of things.
Perhaps Snowy will weigh in on his opinion of our meeting?
I think Snowy is the coolest, even SOS looked at the pic in my cellphone and said he's cool. Total hippie in a tie-dye cool.
 -
He was expecting some surfer/snowboarder-type idiot, like Keanu Reaves, because he didn't catch the RUSH referance of the Screen Name.
[]
Anyway, I had the best time.
Thanks, Snowy, for the latté and the meeting and everything.
You're hardcore.

[ 01-20-2007, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Yeah, he is awesome isn't he. []

[]

I'm so glad you two caught up, and bummed that we ran out of time when I was there.

And, from what I heard, you're cool yourself dear Lyra! []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was quite an enjoyable meeting with LaLu at the Borders!
She be cool!
quote:
even SOS looked at the pic in my cellphone and said he's cool. Total hippie in a tie-dye cool.
He was expecting some surfer/snowboarder-type idiot, like Keanu Reaves

Who's SOS? i'm not up on your codes LaLu! Oh yes, I could have been like Syd in the movie Lords of Dogtown! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I use these in one or two PM's and then go around as if everyone should know them.
My kids: LTS (male, 18) short for L*******The Savage
SOS (male, 16) short for SpawnOfSatan (I bet Keo knew it)
Vik (female, 10)
Bek (female, 4)
They all saw Snowy in my cell phone, and think he's cool.
Yes, I know I'm overusing the word, but what else fits as well?
And yes, all are the actual biological offspring of MadMatt and LyraLu, who have been together over 20 years and still counting.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Don't say we have come now to the end; White shores are calling.
You and I will meet again.
Across the sea a pale moon rising; the ships have come to carry you home.
And all will turn to silver glass; A light on the water
Grey Ships pass into the West.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I remember that street in NOLA []
And how come Losty and I didn't get to pig out on crawfish []
*he better say they weren't in season*

Douglas, why haven't you eat your MREs?

[ 05-22-2006, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: EowynatHeart ]

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

More from Snowy and SSA in NOLA:

Coffee and beignets at Café du Monde:

-

Jazz in Jackson Square (that day was sooo hot!):

-

Cool waters in the Spanish Plaza the same day:

-

Easter Sunday, Lake Pontchartrain. Two minutes later I seriously sprained my ankle which kinda cut down on our explorations after that.

-

This is possibly my favorite photo from my trip - Jean Lafitte Park. It was 90+ degrees, my hair parting got sunburn, I was limping like crazy, but it was soooo gorgeous (see my location):

-

Now as many of you know, frogs give me the creeps (well, okay, hysterics), but this little guy is so cute:

-

Snowy was very patient, but sometimes he got tired of my constant taking of photos. I call this one "For god's sake, come on Cate!"

-

Only another 200 to go....

edit: I must add my sincere thanks to DQ for telling me - yet again - how to resize my photos for MT. I know I'm a slow study, dear, but I wrote it down this time. []

[ 05-24-2006, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SSA , no fair with the pics.......you're making me miss NOLA!

And the little frog is really cute! I'm sorry that they "creep you out" [] . When we were down (in NOLA last May), we'd go outside @ nite and they'd be 3 or 4 hanging on the ceiling of the porch, or around the doors....they never hopped on us, but they tiny little lizards tried [] !

DANG IT, now you've started my whole crawfish craving again! []

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Come on down and get some crawfish, Ari! []

quote:
And how come Losty and I didn't get to pig out on crawfish
*he better say they weren't in season*

Douglas, why haven't you eat your MREs?

They were out of season, EaH sweetie, and as far as the MREs go, well, I'm working on them. []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but this little guy is so cute
He is indeed! []
I've put him as background on my work computer now - just hope none of my colleagues freak out on seeing him []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help