Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 4)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith Meetings
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! I figured that it was something like that.

As for the bartender... I'm sure the look of shock was from seeing an Elf accept a drink from a Stunted One. []

Glad to hear that you two had a nice time. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, in an internet café in Maynooth, Co. Kildare right now...it was great to meet Gloin...and I made it out of Belfast alive...although we did have some rather interesting detours... []

(Note to self: when getting lost in Belfast try not to make it on the Falls or Shankill Road (both of which I did)).

Having a great time - talk to you all soon!

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Note to self: when getting lost in Belfast try not to make it on the Falls or Shankill Road (both of which I did)
Oh, but the excitement must be worth it.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you managed to dodge the bullets and grenades and make it out of the country alive. Enjoy the rest of the trip!

From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Giant's Causeway was certainly the highlight of the North (other than meeting Glóin, of course!).

Fearghus managed to get us lost in the Bogside of Derry as well...he has a talent for getting lost in paramilitary areas. []

I'll certainly be back in Ireland at some point (watch out Europe, I'm hooked) so we'll have to meet up again at some point!

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vendea Erunyauvë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5082
posted      Profile for Vendea Erunyauvë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It has long been a dream of mine to visit Ireland but I don't know if my finances will ever allow it. In the meantime, I am still hoping to meet some fellow MT's in Tennessee! [] LOTRTennesseeFellowship
From: Mirkwood | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I for one am waiting for July.....

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
w00t! []

Ahem - announcing an impending meeting and reunion!

On July 4 at 9:43pm (give or take a nanosecond), I arrive in Seattle (having come from Adelaide, Australia, via Sydney and San Franciso).

Once there I shall reunite with SNOWDOG! [] []

I shall also, if I am lucky, catch up with a few more MTer's who may be skulking around the Seattle area.

I'll be in town for 4 weeks - having fun, learning and dancing. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ecthelion of the Fountain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 955
posted      Profile for Ecthelion of the Fountain   Email Ecthelion of the Fountain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
it seems that on july 4th i shall too be meeting a MTer. Gandalf the White, aka stinky pants, is going to come see me at the atlanta airport as i have a 4 hour layover. bringing my count to a lowly 4 (andreth, miz l, bombadil)

anyone in spain in july?

ive been talking to stink since the famed porridge incident which few remember (but i think i have a pdf version of). we both ride road bikes. also, we both like to drink beer and chase women, brian does more kool-aid and getting chased though.

should be fun. ill most certainly have pictures

[ 06-14-2005, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Ecthelion of the Fountain ]

From: seattle, wa, usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

*is secretly excited but won't admit*

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question.... do you guys need to ride road bikes so as to chase those women down? [] [] [] (just kiddin' with ya!)

OK - for those Minas Tirith Citizens in the greater Seattle area.

If you're curious, I'll be appearing at several shows and performing during my time in July.

July 16 - Mediterranean Fantasy Bellydance Festival during the day (time slots yet to be advised by organisers). Raja Indian Restaurant during the evening.

July 23 - Enat Ethiopean Restaurant

All are more than welcome to come along. I'll be the dancer representing her country dressed as a kangaroo!

Actually, I won't even be wearing a hint of green and gold. My performing name is Farah, so if you're looking for me keep your ears peeled for that.

July 8 - Minas Tirith Luncheon

Yes, that's right. I'm looking forward to catching up with Bombadil, Miz Lobelia and Snowdog for a natter between citizens of the white city. Anyone else who would like to tag along, please let me know. We've yet to set a venue, but drop me a line and I'll make that we get the details to you when we do. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In a few hours time I will be making the two and a half drive to visit Athene in her new home []
'Another new home' I can hear you say. 'Man, that Athene sure gets around!' []
As you may know today/tomorrow is the Summer Solstice and we hope to be celebrating the occassion at Avesbury, a small village set within an ancient stone ring []
And in suitable Pagan style I had hoped to take a couple of virgins along to sacrifice as the Sun popped it's head above the horizon [] Unfortunately after an exhaustive search of Bognor I was unable to find any! []
Maybe I'll just offer donkey to the Sun instead []
[]

[ 06-20-2005, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Wetwang ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

posted      Profile for Iarnar the Desert Dog   Edit/Delete Post 
What are you saying, Athene is not a virgin???
From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

She don't come from Bognor old man, so she don't count []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
W00T!
W00T!
[] [] []
*no comment*
[]
SO EXCITING!!!!

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

[]
Whatever you do don't tell them about the two man tent! []
[]
Oops! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do I get two men with it as well?
[]
Er....

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

Wait, did I just miss something?

Are you asking for the "Tag Team" treatment from Wetwang and I?

[] []

And Wetwang, I can't imagine any set of conditions under which Athene does not count.

From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Interesting terminology....
I was thinking more of "The SandWitch", as I like to call it.
[]
( [] )

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Well don't just 'imagine' them old boy [] I want a list! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

Athene

quote:

I was thinking more of "The SandWitch", as I like to call it.

Yo, I'm speechless.

Carb-loading. And protein boosts in my Jamba Juice cocktails. That's all I can think of at this point.

No pressure, or anything.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

quote:
"Are you seeing her again tonight?

"Well, that all depends on how much Vitamin E I can lay my hands on..."

[]
[] [] []

[ 06-20-2005, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

/* Senses that he's supposed to recognize the obscure book or movie reference */

/* Does not recognize it */

Gah.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Blazing Saddles.
Shame on you.
[]

Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

Shame on me, indeed.

Especially since I've walked and driven down West Olive Ave in Burbank, California on several occasions.

Watch that end sequence and you can see the "W OLIVE" street sign as Harvey Corman exits the canteen and jumps in a taxi.

That's the Warner Brothers front gate. If you rent or own a DVD from Warner Brothers, they have this aerial view of the lot right at the beginning, with a "ripple" video effect superimposed over it.

Google Satellite View of WB Lot

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I know, I saw a programme about some of the filming (forget which film) that had taken place there. It had been updated a bit since 'Saddles was made, but I still kept expecting cowboys and Nazis covered in cream to start running out of the canteen.
They didn't.
[]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help