Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 3)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith Meetings
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Errr, cos our free trip is to New York? Nothing personal, but a free trip is a free trip. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*snort* *cough*

I mean...Oklahoma! Nice! It's got huge....tracts of land!

Just messing with you. I'd love to meet you, daddy Mus!

Heh, I know. Oklahoma has that whole dust bowl stereotype. What most people don't know is that Northeast Oklahoma is actually quite lovely (its nickname is Green Country). And Tulsa is quite the artsy city. If you like art deco, museums, and the like, it's not a bad place to visit... []

*Starts handing out travel brochures to fellow citizens*

...I know, I'm pathetic...I just wanna see more MTers... []

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
AWwwwwwwwwww!

I know, I was joking...Talan's relatives are from there (some of them) and I think they live in the pretty part. Maybe next time I visit we could take a road trip there! []

I'd love to see you, Tigerlily, and purty baby. []

[ 02-17-2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ain't never thought of going to that place.

Guess the people I know aren't from there, plus it doesn't seem to have a very lively mid-east dance scene too.

Tell ya what, throw a Belly Dance festival and I'll not only arrive but even learn how to spell the name. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Never eat more than you can lift." Miss Piggy

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Commiting the absolute sin of briging this back to topic .... Belegurth and myself are meeting in March the 5th, when Losty finds the time, she can add it to the list []
Cheers []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor bombadil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1329

posted      Profile for bombadil   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Miz L and I just enjoyed our fifth face-to-face! I've been to Seattle lots in the past few months.

I've now met six MT'ers in person: Miz Lobelia, Ecthelion of the Fountain, Snow Wizard, Eowyn at Heart, Lost Finiel, and Kalkin. Can anyone else top that?

From: Meridian ID | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vendea Erunyauvë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5082
posted      Profile for Vendea Erunyauvë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone from Tennessee or close enough to meet in Tennessee? We have a group for LOTR fans in and around Tennessee at Tennessee Fellowship and Whitegoldwielder suggested I post the link here! If you are interested in meeting other LOTR fans in Tennessee, please join us! Tennessee Fellowship []
From: Mirkwood | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Me from Tennessee!!!!!!
From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My friend Legolas the Elf is in Tennessee...
Maybe he'll see this.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vendea Erunyauvë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5082
posted      Profile for Vendea Erunyauvë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! The more the merrier! All Tennessee fans welcome! Tennessee Fellowship []
From: Mirkwood | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see your six...
Wetty, Freya, Laur, Mith, Aerel, tG....
And I may raise you seven if I can remember what Mith's brother's screenname was... []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Seven?

I'll double that to 14. 15 if my brother counts. []

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I count sixteen, albeit including four that I knew before they (or I) joined the White City.

Perhaps my memory is slipping, but I hadn't thought that Mith's brother was a citizen.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nine. But 7 of those are RL friends from before we knew MT existed.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... I've only met Wetty & Freya, and hopefully I'll meet Gnasfaloth this Spring. Maybe even Thorin & Eled. []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Excluding myself, I've met only one MT citizen, and he's not a member any more. A friend of mine registered with the intention of being a nuisance but, when I frowned upon the idea, he refrained from making any posts. (He tried to find his way to the site a few weeks later, trying all sorts of combinations like "ManisTirith.com", "MinisTarith.com",..., but was unsuccessful.)
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can definitely top that Bombadil... []

I've met:

Neytari Took, Lostfiniel, Princess Keona, Princess Oriona, Roland, Tindomerel, Anariel Took, Elentari, Emaefalmakal(sp??? I always get her name wrong), Alatarial(not the Canada one), Braeden, Peony, Gna, Talan, and Andreth. [] So that's 15, and I'm REALLY sorry if I've missed anyone.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mahanaxar the Spoony Bard and I were privileged to meet at Wilbur's coffeehouse on the Messiah College campus last winter. I went, at the gentleman's invitation, to listen to his band play. I gave him a copy of "The Tolkien Reader" as a memento. 'Twas a very enjoyable evening!
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can count about 12-ish (a few of whom I introduced to the board) members that I've met...

For those of you wondering of my brother's status, Owen is correct in that he is not a citizen.

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've met six (counting one that I knew before).

One of these days, I'll have a job so I'll have the money to travel and meet more... of course then I won't have vacation time. It's a balance thing I need to work on.

Meanwhile, I think people should come visit lovely Shoreline.

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
tsk tsk Lili, you forgot me! (haha)
From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shoreline as in north of Seattle?
quote:
Lillianna said: "I've met:

Neytari Took, Lostfiniel, Princess Keona, Princess Oriona, Roland, Tindomerel, Anariel Took, Elentari, Emaefalmakal(sp??? I always get her name wrong), Alatarial(not the Canada one), Braeden, Peony, Gna, Talan, and Andreth. So that's 15, and I'm REALLY sorry if I've missed anyone. "

You met Elentari (citizen #18)? She hasn't been on these boards in quite awhile. I do keep up with her on Live Journal though. Surely you speak of Elentari Evenstar, Elentari KYM, Elentari The Mystical, or Elentári Tintallë.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Following Curu's visit to Belfast this week, I am no longer an MT-island. By my reckoning, I can now play the Kevin Bacon game with more than fifty other citizens... []
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck is the "Kevin Bacon" game?

*thinks of all Bacon movies*

*scratches head*

And... did you guys have a good time?

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

Oh, you know, the "degrees of separation" game where you have to link yourself to someone else by a sequence of mutual acquaintances (associated with Kevin Bacon because it is rumoured that everyone in Hollywood can get to Kevin Bacon within a particularly small number of steps).

For example: Glóin - Curu - Aikanáro - Freya - Thingy.
Four steps!

Yes, it was marvellous to meet Curu and Fearghus. I met them just outside my building and we went for a couple of drinks down the road. The bartender was quite taken aback when I ordered a rum and orange juice for Curu; it must have been the shock of seeing a Dwarf buying an Elf a drink.

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help