Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 2)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith Meetings
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just another note regarding the RotK viewing: Dolmed didn't go, though he was on the list to, and my brother came with me, though he wasn't (He's not a member, though, so no need to put him on.).

[ 08-17-2004, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Lord Mithrandir ]

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Snowdog, so was your meeting with Elora seperate than the others? 2 different meetings?

Yeah. Elora Starsong was over for a couple weeks last December, so that was one. During that time we visited with Huntress who we knew from another board. Arvedui I met in 2001 at the Brick Tavern in Roslyn (think the TV show Northern exposure). my first meeting was with Rian back in Sept. 2000 at Dicks Drive in near the UW.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're so lucky to have met the gorgeous, belly dancing Elora, Snowdog!

Losty - You neglected to mention that both Arisimi, and Bubbadar, were part of the meeting of the minds since we met them both in Tennessee where the sumtuous EaH lives.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GEAUX SAINTS!!

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gorgeous yes, and when dared to dance in sub-freezing temps and snow, she did! Lovely lady and great friend she is!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Romenya and I met on May 19th 2003.
From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRAM it
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3224

posted      Profile for CRAM it   Email CRAM it   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Where's me? [] I didn't go to the Gathering but we did meet up in Toronto last winter...
From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

posted      Profile for Aina Moja   Author's Homepage   Email Aina Moja   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Gathering! *Sigh*
I want to go back!

From: The Back of A Camel | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about this one Eric? []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I shall update

E: .....and done! []

[] I put that off too long

[ 09-24-2004, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

Fank Q []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meoi Goldentongue
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4872
posted      Profile for Meoi Goldentongue   Email Meoi Goldentongue   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hey!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for the rest of the day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

From: In front of a computer... I think.... | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Alatariel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3756

posted      Profile for Alatariel   Author's Homepage   Email Alatariel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh memories are great! Aren't they?
From: The Golden Wood | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4576

posted      Profile for Estel the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Estel the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
last night me and Ossy met for the first time at the JET concert in melbourne! i didnt get any photos tho! []

Concert ROCKED!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
when i try to be somthing i am nothing. when i am true, im exactly who i wanna be...

From: jasper TX via melbourne VIC Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Isengrim Took IV
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1879

posted      Profile for Isengrim Took IV   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This Saturday I'm flying to Knoxville to spend a week visiting Tinwe, TWL, and ElvenGirl. WOOHOO! Lots of pictures will be taken! I leave Knoxville Sunday, December 5th. So that's a lot of time with them!

This will be the last time I see them before I leave for Basic Training. []

[ 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Isengrim Took IV ]

From: VA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

I got another one for you Eric []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
That's Mr Wang™ to you!

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I completely missed that one! I hope you guys have fun

*will add right now*

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iarnar the Desert Dog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2529

posted      Profile for Iarnar the Desert Dog   Edit/Delete Post 
My first RL meeting with another MT citizen.

I stopped by to see Lostfiniel at work during my drive home from San Diego this weekend. Here is a picture of her posing with Boxster and Sprocket.

-

Lostfiniel: it took me an hour to get from Carlsbad (aka Legoland) to San Clemente (aka Nixonland), because there was a multiple car pileup on I-5 just after the nuclear power plant. If you know that part of the road, then you know that there are no alternate routes around it. I don't think there is even an exit there.

If I had known that was going to happen, I would have hung around until your lunch break. []

From: on a horse with no name | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

Well, it would have been nice to have you around but we don't get lunch breaks. In fact, when I started working they had me sign something saying that I understand I would not be getting long breaks do to the nature of my work. I do know the area you're talking about....very desert like, no scenery, no exits off the freeway.

We (my co-worker and I) were very glad you stopped by. Actually, Nina was in a bad mood and Sprocket and Boxster cheered her up []

Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As many of you know, Lillianna is currently visiting Talan, and today I met them both at the zoo. I did not push them into the polar bear moat, primarily because there are no polar bears at our zoo...no, really, I'm a nice person IRL. [] The cassowaries would have been much worse than bears anyway. []

Anyhoo, what y'all really want are photos, so here are a few that I took of Lilli and Talan:

Here are Lilli and Talan in the Forest Trail/Treetops Lookout part of the zoo:

-

Here's Lilli, saying "Hurry Talan! Buy some of those food pellets quick-this llama is giving me the evil eye! And he has really bad teeth!"

-

Thank goodness, Talan had lots of quarters for the food pellets, but we had no luck finding a llama orthodontist.

-

I took some good close-up photos of lorikeets in the Interactive Lory Exhibit, but I'll post those in the amateur photographer's thread.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome, Gna. [] Heh, I look like I want to say something really intelligent, but can't in that second pic. []

Yes...those llamas needed some help with their teeth...

"Tina...eat the FOOD!" *pulls a Napoleon Dynamite plug* []

thanks for putting those up!

btw, I sounded really Californian?

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Here's Lilli, saying "Hurry Talan! Buy some of those food pellets quick-this llama is giving me the evil eye! And he has really bad teeth!"
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! [] You leave that llama and its teeth alone, they look perfectly fine to me! *dies from laughter* Omigod, it's quite sad that I find the fact that you guys saw llamas the most amuzing part of your meeting. LOL!!!
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treebeard of Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1776

posted      Profile for Treebeard of Fangorn   Email Treebeard of Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
arrh.
nice.... picture.. of.. the.. zoo!

LOVE...THE ...LAMMAS!
do...you...see...me...i'm..the tree...in..the...back..ground!

From: Fangorn | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm heading back to the States in July 2005, I loved it so much in December 2003. I miss Snowdog terribly, and Huntress too! Have been planning to return as soon as I had to bid them farewell in 2003. Sat in the departure lounge at my gate, pouting and trying to come with a plan.

In addition to making Snowdog's life miserable, pestering him relentlessly, and continuing my campaign of blatant misinformation concerning Australian wildlife and ways of life (the tradition of Tall Tales lives in me), I hope to do more exploring of the mountains and forests and places that I saw in 2003 - without so much snow. And as always, more pubs and beer. You can learn a lot about a place from pubs and beer.

I also plan to pester the Huntress too..... and there's talk of a party which sounds just dandy to me!

Also, I'll be at the North West Middle Eastern festival, wandering about the souks and maybe, just maybe, performing. So instead of Middle Earth costumery in my luggage, I'll have cabaret and tribal Middle Eastern costumery, zills, veils and scimitar in my luggage.

Packing my hiking gear and plan to hit the mountains. Maybe find a goat. Definately no yodelling though. At least, not the kind done apurpose disguised as music. []

So stay tuned for another meeting update!

[]

Can't hardly wait!!!!

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why doesn't anyone ever want to come to Oklahoma?...Hmph... []
From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why doesn't anyone ever want to come to Oklahoma?
*snort* *cough*

I mean...Oklahoma! Nice! It's got huge....tracts of land!

[]

Just messing with you. I'd love to meet you, daddy Mus! []

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » The Prancing Pony » Minas Tirith Meetings (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help